Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

More pictures!

Well, I didn't post those because we have seen tonse of pics of the figs already and the pic of the space ship I posted seemed better to me.

Thanks for providing the link again though. I forgot about that.

EDIT: And a size comparison chart of the toys in the movies:

Dang, Zurg is one big dude. :grin:

When looking at blurry pics I thought that the Western town would perhaps look fine - but seeing it now it looks havy <insert that tiresome argument>. :thumbdown:

How so? :look: I see some <insert that tiresome argument> wall pieces in the second floor and some <insert that tiresome argument> pole pieces, but other than that, it's completely made out of bricks and plates.

And how is the jeep "realistic"? It's completely green and tiny. :tongue:

And how is the jeep "realistic"? It's completely green and tiny. :tongue:

But for a fan of Classic-Town-styled cars this is even the thing which makes it that appealing.

Klaus-Dieter

I gotta attach there to Oky Wan, i also don't really see where the western town is <insert that tiresome argument>, let alone that there are basically just shown a part of the mine and a like half of the sheriff's office, so you can't actually tell much from that.

When looking at blurry pics I thought that the Western town would perhaps look fine - but seeing it now it looks havy <insert that tiresome argument>. :thumbdown:

But the soldiers' car looks very realisitic and lovely! :thumbup:

<insert that tiresome argument>? Not to sound smug or anything but, How exactly is the round up town <insert that tiresome argument>? Above the windows on the second floor is some unconventional building detailing. On the first floor, I see bricks bricks and more bricks on the walls. The mine shaft? I don't see anything wrong with its construction.

Is it just me or do the licensed battle packs come off as a better deal? Now I don't know how much the toy story one will cost, but the star wars clone wars battle packs are 11usd for 4 clone troopers, and a small vehicle, cis has 5 assassin droids and a small vehicle as well. the toy story one looks like it will have the jeep.

While looking at the pirates and castle battle packs, they don't have small vehicles, just minifigs and cost 15usd.

*pics snipped*

They look great, and I'm kinda in the Toy Story mood (since I watched the Double Feature!)!

The figures aren't the best "molds", but have great legs.

I'm probably gonna buy all of 'em. ^^

Edited by Svelte
pics snipped

just2good, please do NOT quote pictures - especially not a large amount as were in Oky Wan's post.

Quote pictures only when you are responding specifically to one or two particular images.

Thanks!

has anyone noticed the other toy story sets that are featured on the chekz site

June 2010 - LEGO Toy Story - NEW!

7595 Soldiers on patrol

7596 Alien Crane and Trash Compactor

7597 Western train

7789 Lotso.s Truck

Yes, just look at my signature. :tongue:

Thanks for finding the pics, Oky Wan!

These sets are looking great. I can't wait to see some reviews of these!

It's a shame that the printed parts for Buzz's helmet and wings are made in China, though (they're bagged separately). :sceptic:

EDIT: I misspelled hsame! :grin:

How do you know those parts are made in china?

has anyone noticed the other toy story sets that are featured on the chekz site

Yes, I have. sorry I didn't tell you guys. I saw them on that Legoland.????.

just2good, please do NOT quote pictures - especially not a large amount as were in Oky Wan's post.

Quote pictures only when you are responding specifically to one or two particular images.

Thanks!

Sorry! They just look so awesome! ^^

How do you know those parts are made in china?
If you read my post, you would see that I said that the parts are bagged separately. All LEGO parts (cows, rock monsters, etc.) that are bagged separately are always made in China. :wink:

Uhm, because it's against the law. :hmpf: I want these sets badly too, but nothing rectifies stealing. Please think before you post next time.

Uhm, because it's against the law. :hmpf: I want these sets badly too, but nothing rectifies stealing. Please think before you post next time.

Uhm, it was obviously a joke meant to convey how badly he wanted those sets. Trust me, reading between the lines is a neat trick once you master it.

And I too really, really want that Lego Woody.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

I dunno; that emoticon at the end made it seem rather serious. :sceptic: Maybe I overreacted a bit, but suggesting people to steal something isn't a laughing matter IMO. :sadnew:

but suggesting people to steal something isn't a laughing matter IMO. :sadnew:

I'd better stop watching the majority of my favourite comedy shows then, since they largely involve anything from stealing to death.

Have we recognised anything that might possibly be a set from the new Toy Story 3 trailer? I didn't see anything, but I doubt it considering what was shown.

Not that I support stealing in any form :grin:

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Have we recognised anything that might possibly be a set from the new Toy Story 3 trailer? I didn't see anything, but I doubt it considering what was shown.

Well, I suppose this could be 7789 Lotso's Truck:

maybe_lotsos_truck.jpg

But other than that, I don't think so.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

After seeing all these pictures, I'm pretty excited about the theme, especially for the Soldiers! The Jeep looks great, though I wonder what one would do with the base plates for the figs for some people who don't want them.

The sets that are gonna be released for the Toy Story 3 movie sound exciting too! Time to start saving cash!

(Btw, does that mean the designers for the sets have already seen the Toy Story 3 movie?)

After seeing all these pictures, I'm pretty excited about the theme, especially for the Soldiers! The Jeep looks great, though I wonder what one would do with the base plates for the figs for some people who don't want them.

The sets that are gonna be released for the Toy Story 3 movie sound exciting too! Time to start saving cash!

(Btw, does that mean the designers for the sets have already seen the Toy Story 3 movie?)

Depends, they may have seen design documents, storyboards, that sorta thing. There was a rough draft produced to help convince the original voice actors to return too, they've probably seen that. The release is still nine months away so it's probably not fully finished.

Well, I suppose this could be 7789 Lotso's Truck:

maybe_lotsos_truck.jpg

But other than that, I don't think so.

Um...I don't see a picture there, just a little box with a red X in it. :sceptic:
The release is still nine months away so it's probably not fully finished.
That's probably right.

Um...I don't see a picture there, just a little box with a red X in it. :sceptic:

Considering his last sentence, I guessing he took it out his self. He did edit the post.

Unless a Mod took it out instead and he's joking around saying that the little red "x" in the box doesn't look like the set :laugh: .

The mods of BS keep deleting it. :hmpf_bad: I re-uploaded it and edited my post to have the new pic, but they deleted it again. I'm not sure why. Anyway, if you play the trailer, pause it at the first scene after "This Summer" where the toys scream "New toys". I mean the light blue truck in the back.