Christian

Toy Story discussion thread

Sorry, but as I told the last few people who posted that, we have known about those pics since toy fair.

That's what makes me think he might even be brick built, but I really hope not, even though it would be more pink bricks for us. He could just be one of those new Jumbo-Torso's/Arms like Woody has, but I still think something else is neede to make him a little more rounded, like an actual Teddy Bear.

I don't think he will be brick-built. Rather, I think he could be a Troll-like large mold.

And Woody does not have a "jumbo torso", just lightly larger arms and legs, and that's not what a teddy bear needs. :hmpf:

I wonder how cool Zurg's breastplate will look backwards, and if those horns can come off...

What do you mean, backwards? :look: I don't think the horns come off. Everything above the eyes seems to be one mold. :sadnew:

It looks to me from the bottom center of the confidential box like they're packing in 3D glasses. I assume to tie in with the Toy Story 1 and 2 3D re-release.

What?! :wacko: Why would there be 3D glasses in a Lego set? To me, it looks like a simple demonstration of RC's pullback function.

Also, I had first hoped from the other confidential box that Zurg's Actruction Figure would have a pneumatic blaster... then with this pic I thought the little yellow Technic nut was a trigger... anybody know how Zurg would shoot his Nerf ball?

It's called a "Constraction Figure" :wink: and anyone who purchased a Bionicle set in the past two years will be able to tell you how the Midak Skyblaster works: It has a Y-shaped wheel at the front bottom, and there is a spring inside which pushes the balls forward. The wheel works as a trigger, so when you pull it, the ball gets pushed through the hole (which is a little bit smaller than the ball) and shot forward. It works very well and let's you shoot 4 balls at a time. :thumbup:

60832c01.jpg

I don't think he will be brick-built. Rather, I think he could be a Troll-like large mold.

And Woody does not have a "jumbo torso", just lightly larger arms and legs, and that's not what a teddy bear needs. :hmpf:

A Troll-like mold could very well be possible. And upon staring at the pictures for a very long time, I'm almost positive the torsos are a tad bigger than standard torsos. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. :wink:
What do you mean, backwards? :look: I don't think the horns come off. Everything above the eyes seems to be one mold. :sadnew:
I mean you take off the head, take off the cape, and then flip that big bulky breastplate around so it is facing behind Zurg. I've sucessfully used parts that way in MOCs before. Edited by booger540

I'm almost positive the torsos are a tad bigger than standard torsos. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. :wink:

You are wrong. Just look at them! They all have the same old torso: two studs long, one stud wide, four plates high. What's supposed to be different about them?

I mean you take off the head, take off the cape, and then flip that big bulky breastplate around so it is facing behind Zurg. I've sucessfully used parts that way in MOCs before.

*huh* I still don't know what you mean. Oh well.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

You are wrong. Just look at them! They all have the same old torso: two studs long, one stud wide, four plates high. What's supposed to be different about them?

*huh* I still don't know what you mean. Oh well.

That is the picture I was looking at. I think they might have taken individual shots of the figs, then compiled all of the shots together here, which makes The Prospector's torso look bigger than the Little Green Aliens' torso, for example.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think the Prospector has a regular body, that picture has all of the figs in completely different sizes. This is extremely confusing...

The breastplate/shoulderpad thing backwards on a minifig. That's the best way I can possibly put it without taking a picture. I just want to know how that would look.

Edited by booger540

Is the alien in that photo smaller than everybody else? If so, is it a digital trick? 'Cuz if the fig is smaller, his feet would need to be proportionally larger in order to fit the studs, and they don't seem to be. But his torso definitely looks smaller than the Prospector's.

Edit: Never mind, booger's, like, one minute faster than me.

Edited by Dunjohn

Is the alien in that photo smaller than everybody else? If so, is it a digital trick? 'Cuz if the fig is smaller, his feet would need to be proportionally larger in order to fit the studs, and they don't seem to be. But his torso definitely looks smaller than the Prospector's.
That's what I was talking about, and it got me really confused on how big the figs actually are.

That is the picture I was looking at. I think they might have taken individual shots of the figs, then compiled all of the shots together here, which makes The Prospector's torso look bigger than the Little Green Aliens' torso, for example.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think the Prospector has a regular body, that picture has all of the figs in completely different sizes. This is extremely confusing...

You are right. I'm sorry, that wasn't a good pic to make my point. :sadnew: However, if you look at the pics from toy fair, you will see what I mean.

So you admit that you were wrong? :grin:

The breastplate/shoulderpad thing backwards on a minifig. That's the best way I can possibly put it without taking a picture. I just want to know how that would look.

Oooh! Now I get it! I thought you were talking about the constraction fig. :blush: Yes, I do wonder that myself.

So you admit that you were wrong?
I admit that I was wrong due to the rediculous photography of TLG. :wink::tongue:
You are right.
Nice, wrong and right at the same time. That's a new one for me. :laugh:
Oooh! Now I get it! I thought you were talking about the constraction fig.
I was beginning to think I would have to actually take a comparison pic of two minifigs with opposite facing parts. :tongue:

What does constraction even mean, is it just construction and action put together into one word or is it nonsense?

I'm pretty sure that's what it is, but I'm not positive.

But it sounds like it hurts. :laugh:

I am glad to see that this theme is being discussed so much. Toy Story is such a classic movie. The only movie that my 2 year old daughter ever sat the whole way through! That is a testament to how good it is. :tongue:

The only thing negative about it is the fact that it might mean less Toy Story sets in my country due high demand. Which in turn will mean higher prices than MRSP on EBay. Which will ultimately destroy my wallet.

I was negative about Buzz and Zurg building sets but after seeing the close ups of these sets I feel that they are looking pretty good. Love the fact that Zurg will be able to use his canon/blaster. Really cool touch that will enhance the set. It was the first thing my son asked when I showed him the pictures "will he be able to fire...".

I am disappointed that the sets will be coming out in March though. I was so hoping on December, you know in time for the holidays, even though it was listed as 2010. I guess that leaves time for me to save up some more money and get all of them at once.

Keep posting new info...

What does constraction even mean, is it just construction and action put together into one word or is it nonsense?

You know what else is funny? When you run two words together like this, it's called a "contraction."

From that photostream that's being linked everywhere today:

3937014369_081e38b2e0_o.jpg

I really hope that this isn't the final sticker design for the wings of the spaceship. The stripes have to be diagonal! :sad:

I was beginning to think I would have to actually take a comparison pic of two minifigs with opposite facing parts. :tongue:

:blush: "I feel like a dumb jet trooper now". :laugh:

I am disappointed that the sets will be coming out in March though. I was so hoping on December, you know in time for the holidays, even though it was listed as 2010.

Well, I'm hoping that there is an error in that list and that only the Toy Story 3 sets and the Toy Soldiers set are being released in March, and the rest in December/January. :wink:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

RC is smaller than I thought; basically, I plain suck when it comes to judging the size of models from box shots. Still, loads more lime green. That may become my official colour....

RC is smaller than I thought; basically, I plain suck when it comes to judging the size of models from box shots. Still, loads more lime green. That may become my official colour....

I'm glad though, since really he should be even smaller to the minifigs. These pictures don't give a whole lot more away for the Toy Story theme, but they are neat. Oky is right though, Buzz' starship needs diagonal stripes.

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Man I hope these toy story sets arent expensive especially the RC car so It doesnt drain my star wars budget. Cant wait to get a few of the sets next year :thumbup:

Tell me if I'm being stupid, but is launching something as big as this in January, not madness from a business point-of-view?

If it was released, say at the start of December, it would sell hugely what with Christmas just around the corner...

Edited by thespurs200708

The new movie doesn't come out until March, so I suppose there's that to consider. Although, I still don't think it compares to a November launch. Do Lego always launch new lines in January? Asdie from handy datekeeping, does anyone know why?

Yes, the first line of a year is usually officially January. But sets tend to pop up a few weeks early so that they can be sold for Xmas. So, what I'm guessing is that that's what will happen with the first few sets, and then the rest will come in summer when the new movie comes out.

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

That's right, my bad. Not sure why I thought March. I've watched the awesome teaser enough times....

I was by my local lego dealer and could saw the new dealer catalog

7590 Has Woody, small Buzz and big car

7591 not seen, maybe not for the Netherlands

7592 Build your own Buzz.; With Big Buzz and 1 alien

7593 Star commandship with small Buzz and small Zurg

7594 the wildwestvillage with Woody, the female cowgirl and the little greybearded guy, the scale of the buildings is a bit bigger than minifig but it's lego so you can change that

7595 Green soldiers on patrol battle pack, 4 soldiers

Thanks wout, but that's not really news to us. We have all already seen those catalog pics.

So, it didn't look like there is a Buzz fig in the big Buzz set? To me it looked like those "constraction" sets have two figs...

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi