WhiteFang

Bionicle 2009 Discussion (Spam free)

Yeah, I'm a little late, but that was some awesome acting right there. As many of you have said, completely blows Jaller screaming at the top of his lungs at the beggining of MoL right out of the water. And, yes, I did see that Vorox in the backround. :P

For some reason, his shield is reminding me of Clavicus Vile's dog from the elder scrolls; how he winds up in your pack at one point and starts talking to you... except Click's a shield. And I bet he doesn't talk.

It would be cool, though. :D

Michael Dorn is win as Mata Nui. So calm and thoughtful, and yet he carries a sense of inexperience as well. Exactly how Mata Nui should sound. :thumbup:

Man, this movie just keeps getting better and better. This really could turn out to be the Bionicle flick we've all been waiting for since the utter disapointment of MOL and it's two mediocre sequels. :classic:

I love the new clip and Mata Nui's voice, it was deeper than I had expected, but that's definately a good thing. Like some others, Jaller sounding like a teenager didn't really sit well with me. And Click is so darn cute! I'm still a bit confused at Mata Nui's mouth thing. One moment it's covered, the next it is not. Confusing. And I chuckled at Mata Nui's "Magnificent!" *turns the shield around, sees Click staring back at him* "Which you can... see... for yourself." Better humour right there than in any of the first three. (Matau slamming into things got boring so fast in LoMN, but his one liners in WoS were, I admit, tolerable at least.)

Looking forward to next week, which will hopefully shed some light on a fighting scene. Still, as good as it looks so far, I'll only put all my worries at ease when I've heard the voices of some other characters (Ackar, Kiina and Gresh mostly).

Click is adorable.

Seconded.

hay guise

I want Cendox, but also a couple of Legends (Stronius would be a must, Mata Nui a maybe). Given the choice, which should I pick?

I'm hoping to get both, but with the stuff I already got, I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

I think it's just me here, but does anyone else think that the set design of Mata Nui kind of awkwardizes his look in the movie? He looks a bit clunky, IMO.

-Z

Seconded.

hay guise

I want Cendox, but also a couple of Legends (Stronius would be a must, Mata Nui a maybe). Given the choice, which should I pick?

I'm hoping to get both, but with the stuff I already got, I'm not sure if that's going to happen.

I'd go in this order (eliminate any you already have):

Mata Nui

Stronius

Vastus

Ackar

Kiina

Gelu

I'm getting Cendox and Ackar-but only because I already have the top three. Cendox IMO is the most worthwhile vehicle for it's price. Next would be Kaxium which is a nice grab for thirty bucks, and MAYBE Thornatus. Skopio is iffy simply because I haven't got that kind of budget.

Oh, and according to several BZ members, Titan MN is $50.00

What. The. Fuzz. That's WAAAAAY too much. Thirty was fine, forty would have been barely tolerable, but fifty is outright stupid.

Oh, and according to several BZ members, Titan MN is $50.00

What. The. Fuzz. That's WAAAAAY too much. Thirty was fine, forty would have been barely tolerable, but fifty is outright stupid.

You're actually trusting that? Who posted it?

Also, by "both" I meant a couple of Legends and Cendox. If I were to choose between those two options, which would be the best?

Edited by Bfahome

You're actually trusting that? Who posted it?

Also, by "both" I meant a couple of Legends and Cendox. If I were to choose between those two options, which would be the best?

several people claiming to be "in the know". But I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

And if you had to pick two, I'd go for Stronius and Mats, Kiina and Ackar, or Gelu and Vastus

Very cool indeed. Love his voice.

On another note, doesnt this make you guys think of the Piraka from 2006 for some reason?

[hideous]

Ugh, I wish they would stop using that font. I never liked it. >_<

~Bunda

And if you had to pick two, I'd go for Stronius and Mats, Kiina and Ackar, or Gelu and Vastus

…

If I had to choose between getting two Glatorian Legends or one Cendox V1, which option should I pick?

…

If I had to choose between getting two Glatorian Legends or one Cendox V1, which option should I pick?

I would go with Cendox.

…

Two Glatorian. Definitely. Two decent figures or one not very good figure on a vehicle. Seems like an easy choice to me, but that's just my opinion lol.

Also I'm probably going to be getting Kaxium and Thornatus... same price as Skopio but three figures and three vehicles. Much better I think.

When MN first talked, it was so deep and calming. ._.

It's like the Morgan Freeman of Bionicle.

Click is so cute. :3 In the comics, in the movie, and even as a shield.

*scuttle scuttle*

I thought Kaxium was good, but then the review with the pics of the bare insides looked so... funny. =/

It now just seems like sticks with wheels covered with weapons.

I'd get Cendox. It's Cheaper than 2 Glatorian, you get some nice parts, a good function apparently and a sexy mask.

[-TA-]

…

Definitely two Glatorian.

~Bunda

…

...oops. Sorry, man. Cendox. Definitely. less expensive, for something that looks way cool and has a reversible mask. And it has a yellow Kiina fin, along with yellow Technic beams.

The Glatorian are cool for parts, and all, but honeslty, the vehicle will give more bang for your buck.

yup! :classic:

anyways, there's another sample of Lewa's running joke, and I suspect that maybe Onua will save him again this time...

also, I'm sure that nothing good will come from the crazy GB and Vezon's deal... :devil:

It's nice tosee that Great Being referenced again. Also, the Tren Krom twist was excellent. I wonder if he can use his powers in Lewa's body....

Or if Lewa can use Tren Krom's abilities... Heh... Lewa is Cthulhu...

Well, I'm back. I aplogize for the spamming last time; I'm gonna try to add something to the forum this time and never get out of hand like that again.

Now, today I got Vastus, Stronius, and Mata Nui. They didn't have the vehicles at my locak Wal-Mart, so I decided on those three.

I would reccomend Stronius to ANYONE, and EVERYONE. He is the coolest of the three. His club is just wonderful and everything about him is fantastic.

Vastus is amazing as well. His torso looks better in person, and isn't half bad. The new armor is wonderful, as are the new joint pieces.

Mata Nui is epic as well. There are so many awesome things about him that I can't describe them in one post. :tongue:

I'd reccomend these guys to anybody.

And does anybody else just LOVE Mata Nui's Character? He looks, acts, and sounds exactly how I would imagine Mata Nui. :cry_happy:

Might as well post a mini-review on the Baranus V7 set.

Sahmad: Impulse sets are, for me at least, about asthetics as opposed to a super complex build. Same for vehicle pilots. Sahmad is no different. Orange and black go well together, although the silver feet (he needs Metru feet to actually stand in the chariot) and grey hands interfere a bit, but they don't herald the end of the world, really. His blade is Bitil's with a Thornax attached. It looks cool, and launches fine, so no problem there. His helmet looks fit for an outcast, its jagged, hood-like appearence adding to the overall coolness of the figure. The Kalmah tentacle works as a whip, but since his elbows can't move, you can't actually hit the Spikit while he's in the chariot.

The Baranus V7: This thing is really sturdy. The blades make it look more menacing than your standard chariot, and the silver is minimal, which, for me, was a good thing. Not much to say, it rolls fine a hard and soft surfaces, so no problems there, either...

The Spikit: This was the highlight of the set. No Inika, Av-Matoran, or single torso pieces here. It's well armored, there are few to no gaps, and its overall look is just plain sick (in a good way). About the masks: I friggin' love 'em. They're sleek and glossy, and the lime-dark green blend doesn't vastly differ from the left head to the right. My only complaint is that you got two Telluris staring back at you when you look at it from the back (I bet it'll be worse on Telluris, since he's got a Spikit mask fused to the back of his own). Color scheme's a little out there, but again, it's not the end of the world...

Overall, it's a cool set, and I think that it's very underrated. Is it worth the $40 ($41 if you buy it from TRU)? Maybe not, but it's still a great set to pick up when it's on sale.

Can't take pics, but I'll gladly answer questions. Also, don't ask me 'bout other vehicles or how this one measures up to the rest, as this is the only '09 vehicle I own... so far.

I liked the part of Vezon and the Great Being. But the part of Tren Krom and Lewa, hmm, not so much, to be honest. Either Tren Krom gets back in his body and lives, or he goes out there in the universe and gets himself, inevitably, killed by Teridax. Let's get real here, people, it's going to be Mata Nui, most likely, to save his own guts, er, body and universe. So every plan anybody comes up with in RoS is doomed to fail. And that's what makes RoS such a waste of time, mostly, at least for me.

I liked the part of Vezon and the Great Being. But the part of Tren Krom and Lewa, hmm, not so much, to be honest. Either Tren Krom gets back in his body and lives, or he goes out there in the universe and gets himself, inevitably, killed by Teridax. Let's get real here, people, it's going to be Mata Nui, most likely, to save his own guts, er, body and universe. So every plan anybody comes up with in RoS is doomed to fail. And that's what makes RoS such a waste of time, mostly, at least for me.

But it would also be pretty lame if they didn't at least try to save themselves.

~Bunda