Sir Dano

Star Wars: Old Republic

This game looks simply epic. Unfortunately, it will be a MMORPG, which I am not a fan of.

This game looks simply epic. Unfortunately, it will be a MMORPG, which I am not a fan of.

A Pay to Play MMORPG, That sucks, Its pratically a new version of Star Wars: Galaxies, And that game isnt even that good.

Looked kinda like Malak to me, but I think he is a new character. I know this is an MMO, but is there going to be a singleplayer campaign to with it?

it looks pretty awesome :thumbup:

pure apocyliptic awesomeness

Edited by ImperialShadows

What is this guys name? I heard it was darth awesome, and that would be well, awesome! :sweet:

Meh....While the animation is fantastic and it all looks very epic, I can't view this as an "Old Republic", so much as a re-hashed alternate Original Trilogy. It's just not different enough to be centuries before the everything else...

Sorry to you guys who like it, I just have to vent some steam on the Old Republic series in general. :blush:

What's with the Vader knockoff? The guy with the white and red mask in KOTOR II was fairly original for a sith (come on, black robes and a red 'saber :wink: ), but this guy is Vader who's gained a few pounds minus his helmet. He even has a rebreather for goodness sake! Aargh!

My main annoyance is with the ships. They are all simple redesigns of original vehicles. Star Destroyers, check. TIE fighters, check. We even get a ship that looks almost exactly like the attack shuttle in the Clone Wars. :sceptic: Also, the technology in this is just as good as what supercedes it centuries after, in some cases better. I don't know what to make of it...

And then there's the chunky astromech droid. :wink:

What I mean to say is that it's not a bad game- I've played Knights of the Old Republic II and liked it. I just wished they'd made some of the vehicles more original. Come on, the Ebon Hawk?

What is this guys name? I heard it was darth awesome, and that would be well, awesome! :sweet:

i think that's darth plagieus (according to youtube)

Well, the vehicles we know now had to evolve from something. I for one think the guy looks somewhat like Malak, yet Vader at the same time. Star Wars' main goal it seems is continuity. Every little thing has to fit together somehow.

(Off Topic) Why is it that Knights of the Old Republic (KotOR) get the O and T from of the in it's acronym, but The United States of America (USA) don't?

Sorry for random off topicyness.

i think that's darth plagieus (according to youtube)

I think it is malak, as he is the one with the lopped of jaw. and all the voice things.

I think it is malak, as he is the one with the lopped of jaw. and all the voice things.

The game is supposedly set 300 years after KOTOR, so I doubt it. :wink:

I agree with Mr. Mandalorian about the ships, but the lightsaber battle more than makes up for it, not to mention the Mando(I'm assuming from the armour and jetpack) chick. :wub:

Edited by Sir Dano

I agree that the trailer is pure awesome. I'm not much of a MMO player, though (and the trailer doesn't even show anything of the actual game). Even so, if whoever did the trailer would do a whole Old Republic movie, I'd pay to see it. :classic:

The game is supposedly set 300 years after KOTOR, so I doubt it. :wink:

I agree with Mr. Mandalorian about the ships, but the lightsaber battle more than makes up for it, not to mention the Mando(I'm assuming from the armour and jetpack) chick. :wub:

Then it is a Malak wannbe. He still looks cool, and I like all the red lights on his head. Reminds me of Bane. Lets call him Darth Awesome shall we? :grin: Also, the tie evolved from many ships, them being the Jedi interceptors and v-wings to name a few. I don't really like his narrative in the trailer, it was really lame and uninspired to me. I love how this bounty hunter was just lobbing rockets at people, and as you would say it Dano, 'killin noobs'. If only this was a game in the same style as TFU, and I'd be set.

Though most ships wouldn't evolve from centuries-old designs, though. This was mostly wanting to keep it recognizable.

Though most ships wouldn't evolve from centuries-old designs, though. This was mostly wanting to keep it recognizable.

But the ships we saw had the quad wings. I think they looked different than ties, more like V-wings. I see what you mean with the shuttle, but it is a pretty classic design.

After watching the trailer I am very impressed. If the gameplay is anything like that it is sure to be a great game. I am still puzzled how you would turn something like that into an MMO though.

Looks very cool. I wonder how I'll manage playing two mmorpgs? :sceptic: Anyways, it looks like the Jedi vs. Sith gimmick will work similar to how the Horde vs. Alliance gimmick works in WoW.

I begin to ask myself how many times the sith have destroyed the jedi and the republic. :look::wacko::tongue:

"But never learn, The sith they will." :yoda:

It looks good enough, but I don't want to buy a game that will also costs extra money a month for playing it.

Sorry to bump a relatively old topic, but I got my new GI magazine and would just like to let those of you who don't already, know that there will be no more large text boxes. The game will be fully voiced. So it will be more like Mass Effect.

I also like to point out that alot of the vehicles and characters/ armour variants, look like things from the OT and PT. There is a standard trooper that has armour that looks very similar to the Phase 2 Clone Armour/ Stormtrooper Armour. There is a smuggler that looks like Atton Rand, Carth Onasi and Han Solo were all pancaked by a Star Destroyer. :tongue: In one of the pictures there is a walker that looks like the AT-TE. So it seems to me like all of the things from the OT and PT have predecessors we didn't know about.

Oh my...

It's been so long since there's been posted in this topic.

I'm almost afraid :blush:

BUT!

I bring you the second cinematic trailer called 'Hope'.

Damn that looks cool.

It's really amazing, I think, how real these trailers look.

It's the same with SW:TFU II cinematic trailer.

And the action in this one is incredible again :devil:

Enjoy!

Regards,

CF W

Edited by CF WeaZZel