96 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this train set?

• 1- Poor
    • 2 - Below Average
    • 3 - Average
    • 4 - Above Average
    • 5 - Train-tacular!

Great review!

Ahh... The memories of drooling at this set in the catalogues when I was younger. Oh wait... I'm still drooling at it. It's so train-tastic, so many good features and 11 minifigs.

I really enjoyed that review :cry_happy:

I can remember staring for HOURS at catalogs that had pictures of this train.

My favorite this is the bunk beds :wub:

Great review. :thumbup:

I always wanted a train, and watched many times to a picture of 4558 in the catalog. I thought it was white, untill I saw it when I visited my friend. By the time my parents would give me a train for my birthday, 4558 was discontinued and I thought 4559 was a really cool train (possibly because of the high-speed looking). However, later I wanted something better. When the re-release was available, I didn't bought it, but last year, I finally got one. And now the 10002 club car also. I paid around 190 euro for a MISB one. And now I've got the 10002 club car also.

I agree with your comments. It's a shame that a patterned piece has been replaced with a stickered one. However, I voted for Train-tacular, because the advantages are just too great to vote anything lower than that.

Thanks!!! I will buy my Metroliner on Monday! :wub: Nice review, you've showed many details. The set is excellent, many minifigs, playability is great. :sweet:

Sorry to bring this thread to life..lool...but this set indeed deserves some attention...:)

I am planning to add this set to my collections ;)

This was a well-done review and you captured the salient points well. It's a pity about the pigtails hairpiece being replaced by a ponytail, but I don't think they had a choice. The pigtails' total disappearance from every LEGO range by the time of this set's release makes me suspect the molds were lost or had degraded.

On the subject of the door stickers not going back all the way: I think that was done for practical reasons. If the stickers extended as far as the curved sections - even just the part visible when the doors are closed- they would be pinched between the door and the wall of the train, and get rubbed against and tugged on every time the doors were opened or closed. It wasn't an issue with the tampographed stripes since such printing is basically flush with the plastic, but the brief phase of everything being tampographed with no stickers around was already ending, and the original stamps were likely gone besides. At least here all you'd need to fix it is masking tape, toothpicks, and cheap-but-decent (smooth color with only thin coat) acrylics.

The emotion and passion are the highlights for me from your review. Certain things we do not get nor achieve in life at one stage drive us throughout our lived to continue to dream and strive toward a goal. Bringing this Metroloner into your hands rewards and satisfies.

I know this experience from the perspective of not getting either the original 4558 Metroloner or Club Car. However, when thd Legends cane out, I made sure to get them. It was quite an honor and surprise to see these Legends revealed in the privacy of the First LEGO Train summit meeting in New York City with a few LEGO train community friends at the invitation of then LEGO Direct Vice President Brad Justus and Jake Mckee. How could I resist the buy?!

Your review of the Legends Metroliner warms my heart with bricks in my blood. :-)

May your Metroliner run friction-free with new wheels.

-James