Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

[Comic] Time Crash - Episode 6

What happens next? You decide!  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to survive to the gathering in Episode Eight?

• Cougar Claw, the Lakota Princess (Wild West ~ USA, 1840 AD)
    • Ferid, the Assassin (Ancient Middle-East ~ Persian Empire, 200 BC)
    • Jasper, the Smuggler Captain (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1670 AD)
    • Jeremiah, the Old Pirate (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)
    • Jeremiah, the Smuggler (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1670 AD)
    • Rosette, the Pirate (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)
    • Santiago, the Lieutenant (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)
    • Sergei, the Commander (World War II ~ Soviet Union, 1940 AD)
    • Trigger, the Bandit (Wild West ~ USA, 1840 AD)
  2. 2. What happens when the two Jeremiahs meet?

• They melt together.
    • One of them flees.
    • They sit down and talk.
  3. 3. How does the relationship between Rosette and Santiago progress?

• They fall in love.
    • They stay as friends.
    • They can't learn to trust one another.
    • One of them eventually kills the other.
  4. 4. Who does Ferid befriend?

• Sergei
    • Cougar Claw & Trigger
    • Jasper
    • Someone from the other group.
    • Nobody, he stays as a lone wolf.

title6.png

The struggle to survive a collapsion of time and space continues! This episode and the next both concentrate on half of the survivors, to give a better focus on the characters. I think after this episode, you will know all the characters quite well - except maybe the two new characters that join the cast.

This episode features some major time paradoxes that will surely twist your brain. It raises a big question about what has happened to the world and history outside the Void Island?

Two characters from the original cast will depart in this episode, but the others can rest for one episode, because we will return to Sergei and his posse in Episode Eight, where all the remaining survivors finally come together. But two characters will not live to see that gathering. You decide who they are by voting in the poll above.

I hope the other poll questions are to your liking as well! They are quite important in deciding what happens to the characters besides staying alive.

Now, onto the story!

time-anne.pngAnne, the Patient (Postmodern Time ~ Australia, 1990 AD)

time-bob.pngBob, the Paramedic (Postmodern Time ~ Australia, 1990 AD)

time-cougarclaw.pngCougar Claw, the Lakota Princess (Wild West ~ USA, 1840 AD)

time-ferid.pngFerid, the Assassin (Ancient Middle-East ~ Persian Empire, 200 BC)

time-jeremiah.pngJeremiah, the Old Pirate (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)

time-rosette.pngRosette, the Pirate (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)

time-santiago.pngSantiago, the Lieutenant (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1700 AD)

time-sergei.pngSergei, the Commander (World War II ~ Soviet Union, 1940 AD)

time-trigger.pngTrigger, the Bandit (Wild West ~ USA, 1840 AD)

After burying the ill-fated schoolboy, the nine survivors gathered to eat what little they had found from the remains of the restaurant. They spoke of their lives before all this had happened, cried a little, laughed a little, and generally got to know each other better.

time6-crossing1.png

All except the dark-clad man, Ferid, who had no idea what the others were talking about. Anne felt sorry for the man. Ferid had killed the Viking warriors back at the beach, but Anne thought that if he hadn’t, they all could’ve ended up dead instead. So in Anne’s eyes, the man was a hero.

“I’m sorry, I must go lie down now. These happenings have been a bit too much for my old, frail heart”, Anne said as she excused herself from the company of the others and made her way to the stretchers. As she passed Ferid, she gave him a friendly smile, but the man couldn’t even look her in the eyes.

time6-crossing2.png

It was sad, really, for Ferid had nothing to be ashamed of, in Anne’s mind. She knew well that all life must end someday. In this place, that day came faster than usual. It had happened to Dr. Matthew, it had happened to poor little Parker and to who knows how many else. Now she felt it was her time to go.

Ever since they had left the beach, the pain in her chest had gotten increasingly worse. If she was still in Australia, the surgery would’ve been over by now and she would’ve gotten a few more years to live. Her time was up now.

Anne lay herself down on the stretchers, gave a final look over the group of survivors, and prayed them all the luck and guidance she could give. Then she closed her eyes, and breathed in one last time.

time6-crossing3.png

Rosette felt oddly comfortable sitting there, chatting away with this group of strangers. She wasn’t even bothered by Lieutenant Santiago anymore. In fact, the presence of her old nemesis was quite soothing. At least she wasn’t alone in this nightmare.

Rosette and Santiago had gotten time to talk here, and they had found out that they didn’t really hate each other after all. Rosette knew that Santiago was the one who had captured her father and eventually caused his hanging, but she also knew that Santiago wasn’t the one calling the shots. He was just doing like he was told, unlike Rosette, who usually did the opposite of what she was told.

During their stay here, Santiago had turned out to be quite a smart, level-headed man, which calmed Rosette’s hot temper down. The pirate woman found that she no longer wanted to thrust her cutlass through the man’s throat, and that both amused and confused her.

She had lived her whole life as an outlaw, always anticipating the day when her wrong deeds would be punished. She had learned to fear and hate the Imperials from the day she was born. This comfort, even amidst all this chaos, was a whole new experience for Rosette.

time6-crossing4.png

“Rosette, you want another chicken leg? There’s still a few left”, Santiago asked her suddenly.

“No… thanks”, she refused, giving the man a sly smirk. Then she belched and laughed. “I’m full as a barrel of rum!”

Suddenly from the corner of her eye she saw something flash on the roof of one of the surrounding houses. There was someone up there, watching them!

time6-crossing5.png

“I’ve got to go take a dump now”, she said exaggeratingly loud as she got up, so not to make the spy suspicious. Then she walked into the building where the spy was hiding in, and drew her cutlass from her belt.

time6-crossing6.png

time-jasper.pngJasper, the Smuggler Captain (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1670 AD)

time-jeremiahyoung.pngJeremiah, the Smuggler (Pirate Age ~ Caribbean Sea, 1670 AD)

“She’s coming here! She must’ve seen me”, the younger smuggler said, crouching down on the roof they were hiding on.

time6-crossing7.png

“Which one of ‘em?” the older smuggler asked. “There’re plenty o’ birds down there.”

“The one who looks like Isabel, that’s who!”

“You’re out of your mind, Jasper! Isabel is safe in Havana! There’s no way she could’ve gotten stranded here, not with that stomach!”

“I have to meet that woman, just to be sure. You stay hidden, I’ll call you when I need you”, the younger smuggler said, and left the rooftop.

He didn’t get far when he felt a blade on his throat.

time6-crossing8.png

“Don’t move, rat! Why were you spying on us?” the woman hissed.

“I wasn’t spying, I was observing whether you were friends or not. I saw that Imperial soldier sitting next to you, so I daren’t approach you.”

“Fair enough. So you come from my time, then?” the woman asked.

“From your time? What do you mean?”

The woman released Jasper from her grip, and he turned to look at her. The resemblance was striking, but he instantly knew the woman in front of her wasn’t Isabel. Jasper felt both relieved and disappointed. Would he ever be able to see his wife and their unborn child again?

Santiago wondered why it was taking so long for Rosette to relieve herself. The soldier was puzzled by the feelings he had developed for that ruthless pirate woman. He had always admired her audacity and courage, but now that he had gotten to talk to her properly, he had sensed vulnerability and sadness within her. It made Santiago want to protect Rosette, but he was very aware that the woman would not want any pampering from anyone.

time6-crossing11.png

Santiago was torn about what to do. Would he allow himself to grow closer to the woman, perhaps develop some genuine feelings towards her, or would it be wiser to keep distance from her, in case they ever got out of this place. Then they would be enemies again, as Santiago had sworn to serve his country and to rid the Caribbean of pirates.

He was just about to get up and go find Rosette when a huge explosion shook the earth. Several buildings in the crossing crumbled to the ground from the impact, and large cracks appeared in the pavement.

time6-crossing12.png

“It came underground!” Sergei shouted. “Ve must leave immediately!”

“Rosette!” Santiago shouted. She was still inside that building. It could collapse any moment! Santiago ran inside.

time6-crossing13.png

After the explosion, chaos erupted. Bob watched as the others ran away. Nobody seemed to care about Anne, who was still asleep in her stretchers a short distance away from them.

“Wait, Anne is still there!” he shouted after them. “Oh, screw you!”

Suddenly, Ferid was standing in front of him. The dark-clad man tried to stop him, shaking his head, but Bob just pushed him away and ran to the stretchers.

time6-crossing14.png

“Wake up, Anne! We have to go… Oh.” She was already dead. He had tried to be the hero for nothing. That was the last thing Bob realized before the ground below him collapsed and swallowed both of them.

time6-crossing15.png

The impact had thrown Rosette into the arms of this handsome stranger. She had been in the process of explaining how they all had come to this place, something she herself didn’t fully understand. Now it didn’t matter, it was time to try to survive again.

“What was that?” the man asked.

“I don’t know, but we better get out of here before this whole damn building falls down on us.” Rosette took the man’s hand, and began pulling him to the door.

“Wait! Let’s go, Old Jimmy!” the man shouted over his shoulder, and another man, older than him, appeared. Rosette stopped to stare at the newcomer.

time6-crossing9.png

“Jeremiah! When did you get in? And what the devil happened to your beard?” Then she began thinking. This man was definitely the good old Jeremiah that she had known all her life, but he looked much younger. Just like how he had looked when she was a child…

“Do we know each other?” the younger Jeremiah asked, puzzled. “You aren’t Isabel, for sure.”

“My mother? No, I’m not…” Rosette replied, equally confused.

She saw the younger man go pale out of a sudden. There was something disturbingly familiar in him, as well. Then it dawned to her: she was looking at her father, only an about thirty years younger version of him!

At that moment, Santiago barged in, causing the ceiling come tumbling down on all of them.

time6-crossing10.png

Hope I managed to thrill you with this episode. Tune in next time, when you will find out what exactly caused that explosion.

All comments and feedback is also greatly appreciated!

YES! This is such a good episode. And you just doubled my favorite character, Jeremiah! I'll vote in a tad, but this is fantastically cool. And while I'm starting to feel the pirates have too much weight in the story, I can't kill any of them yet. Maybe think of less Pirates in the future though.

Okay, I voted.

For character voting... I voted for all of them... :grin: I just couldn't pick. They all offer so much!Couger Claw is Trigger's girl, so I can't let her go, however, I think she's one of my least favorite. At the same time, Ferid is a BAMF, and one of my top five favorite characters.

Jeremiah the old is awesome, and the voice of reason, and I can't kill Jeremiah the young, because who knows what would happen to the old, and I really want them to meet. Jasper can't die becuase he hasn't had Rosette yet... maybe? Besides, he offers some interesting things too, especailly becuase Santigo killed an older version of him. So I hope all the pirates live for that reason.

Sergei is still the evil character in my mind, and very cunning. I can't let him go, and since he and Santtigo currenly have the least number of votes, I'm hoping netither will you. It's an interactive story, but sometimes, we the crowd make bad choices. Save him please.

Trigger is stil lthe hero, though he got to air time this episode!

I voted for Santigo and Rosette to fall in love, and for the two Jeremiah's to meet. I also voted for something esle that I can't currently remember :grin:

I just thought of an awesopme plot twist. What if, since Santigo is in love with Rosette, he saves her and her father, who we know he kills an older version of! That would be so very interesting and cool! It would leave lots of interesting things, and time twists, and love. Please use that, or at least consider it. It would be incredible!

Once again, fantastic work!

EDIT: Final thing I voted for is Ferid making friends with Sergei!

Edited by Zepher

Oh No! Poor Bob! Sucked away into the ground for nothing.

I voted for Cougar Claw, Rosette, Santiago, Sergei, and Trigger.

I voted for the two Jeremiah's to sit down and talk

I said that Rosette and Santiago fall in love

And, Ferid should befriend Sergei, as he is the only one that he can relate to.

Thanks for the votes and comments, guys! :wub:

I just thought of an awesopme plot twist. What if, since Santigo is in love with Rosette, he saves her and her father, who we know he kills an older version of! That would be so very interesting and cool! It would leave lots of interesting things, and time twists, and love. Please use that, or at least consider it. It would be incredible!

That is one possible option, but it pretty much depends on what are this episode's poll's results. I agree that there's loads of potential with the "Pirate Crew", but as you said, there's now five of them, so I doubt all of them will survive for very long...

Looks like your going to make another great story again Sandy, I'm looking forward to it.

Great episode, and even then though she was never my favourite I'm glad Ann died peacfully in her sleep.

I voted to keep Ferid, Sergi and Jeremiah alive. Ferid and Sergi because they are seemed to be shrouded in mystery, and Jeremiah is a needed voice of wisdom (for a pirate), and also 'cause I love the old tyke!

I voted for the too Jeremiahs to melt together (I asume that means they'll be one, not just two different coloured puddles on the floor).

And lastly for Santiago and Rosette to stay friends. Not that I'm adversed to love, but with two characters an episode dying, I don't wanna have it wasted on another (the first be Cogar-Clah and Trigger) Jack-and-Kate romance, only for them to die, no doubt trying to save eachother.

I will actually stop reading this is Sergei, Trigger and Jasper all die in one episode. Just becuase they weren't mentioned in this episode doesn't mean they should die :hmpf_bad: I'm afraid people who are new to the story just read this one, and don't know who to vote for over-all.

EDIT: Maybe only one death this episode? PWEASE! :cry_happy:

Edited by Zepher

Gosh I love this comic!

Just DON'T please DON'T chuck off Trigger and Cougar Claw :tongue:

I will actually stop reading this is Sergei, Trigger and Jasper all die in one episode. Just becuase they weren't mentioned in this episode doesn't mean they should die :hmpf_bad: I'm afraid people who are new to the story just read this one, and don't know who to vote for over-all.

EDIT: Maybe only one death this episode? PWEASE! :cry_happy:

No use in threatening me, I'm not the one voting in the poll. :tongue:

It's a democratic vote, Zephy, and you just have to accept it. But remember that things can change quickly, so instead of sulking, why don't you try to get people to vote for your faves? :wink:

After all, there's thousands of registered members here, and only 17 have voted thus far.

I'm not threatening, just saying how disappointed I'd be.

And I would promote your story, but Hinck told me my sig was too long as it is.... :grin:

Edited by Zepher

I'm not threatening, just saying how disappointed I'd be.

So you will continue reading my story nevertheless? :wub:

Anyway, there's nothing for you to worry about: the poll at the moment indicates that the two new characters won't live to make it past Episode 8.

It'll be interesting to see how the two new characters introduced in the next episode will fare... :wink: Oh, did I spoil it? :tongue:

The thing with these two groups is that I care about all th characters in this group a whole lot, but I don't really care about many characters in the other one.

Best. Chapter. Ever.

Love this so far Sandy, the characters are certainly intriguing me, and the use of time travel here is delicious. Rosette and Sandiago are interesting as a couple, but I think we need o learn a little more about Santiago too. But not Anne! She was one of my favourite characters! WHY? Very good writing though, I like that you didn't give her a typical Hollywood death.

Jasper and Rosette's father (nice revelation there too) are certainly a good addition to this chapter. The hardest part for me is the decisions. In the end I chose:

Cougar Claw and Trigger to survive, because they're great, Rosette and Santiago to survive, though I may kill one later, old Jeremiah because he'll always be cooler than younf Jeremiah, and of course the awesomesauce that is Ferid, I really want to see what happens with him.

I want the Jeremiahs to sit down in talk. Melting is creepy, and the latter option doesn't determine which one will one, or if they will die :grin:

I chose for Rosette and Santiago to become friends, because it'd be a bit of a cliche to have them fall in love, "Crossing the boundary of original hate" and blah blah pointless drama!

Nah, I'd rather they become good friends, keep Cougar and Trigger together as "the couple".

The last one is the hardest, as I was hoping Ferid would befriend Anne. I'll say someone form the other group, someone who is a bit different from him, rather than war and conflict torn Sergie, Trigger and Cougar.

Really looking ofrward ot the next one Sandy!

Batbrick Away! :devil:

Thanks for the in-depth comment, Batty! :wub:

The results are now as clear as they can be, so I'll officially close the polls with 24 votes in.

So, the new characters Jasper and the younger Jeremiah will apparently not live to make it past their second appearance.

You also voted for the Jeremiahs to melt together, apparently in favor to the older Jeremiah.

You decided that Rosette and Santiago should fall in love, and that Ferid should become friends with Sergei.

But you'll have to wait for all this happen, because the next episode will concentrate on the group in the cave, as they break through the mysterious door they found. What are the voices coming behind it, and what else will they find there? Stay tuned to find out...

Oh boy I am so tuned :D

EDIT: Next part, please? It's been over two months! D:

Edited by Raphy

I thank you, my scarily eager fans, but I can only promise that Episode 7 will be out later this year. I have just too much hassle in my life right now, but it should ease up in a few weeks. :wink: