Sign in to follow this  
Wobo Ihi

Space board game

So I found this old (well, from 1991) Space board game a while ago, and today I finally decided to scan it for you guys.

Here's a quick attempt to put the parts of the game together: CLICK ME!

Scans of the different parts:

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

I don't know whether the pictures of the sets are original, or taken from some catalogue, but I still think it's pretty cool. :classic:

And I have no idea what the rules are. :tongue:

Edited by Wobo Ihi

Interesting that they used Space Police 1 yet they use Blacktron 2

Do we know what game pieces went with the board? Minifigs from the 3 themes?

Very cool. I've never seen this before. Thanks for posting it.

The pictures are definitely in line with the catalog dioramas from those years. It may have come from the Brick Kicks/Mania Magazine subscriptions, as it wasn't in any of the standard catalogs. Maybe the rules were given there. :tongue:

However, a few sets throughout the 1990s did include posters or other extras. I got a nice MTron poster in an unopened 6923 Particle Ionizer from ebay, although none of my other sets from that time period had anything like it. It could be that they were just randomly placed among the sets, like the chrome Vaders.

Very interesting. Thanks for showing this to us! I was only able to download part of one picture (your scans are huge) but it's clearly this game http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemPic.asp?G=921800 .

In answer Johnwill, it appears that the whole game is a poster, and the playing pieces are bits of paper cut from the bottom of that poster.

Thanks, Eilif.

"The Hunt for the Lost computer"... well, that doesn't sound particularly exciting. :tongue:

I actually have that game. Well, parts of it. Never figured out how to play it, but then again I was only five at the time.

The playing pieces are indeed cut out from the small pictures at the bottom. That is the sole reason why I only have parts of it, since I kept losing them, but I vaguely remember that the photos used were the action shots used in advertising and in the enviroments in the catalogs.

Yes, they're basically the same things from the catalogs. The Alpha Centauri Outpost was built on the same asteroid and the M:Tron box stacking scene also appears in the catalogs, although there are minor differences with what the minifigs are doing.