Which Comic Do You Read?

No no. I just asked my comic shop to add it to my pull list. :sweet:

So I'm also looking in to:

Fantastic Four (2014 Reboot)

Inhumans

Punisher

Miss Marvel

Elektra

Inhumans is good so far....nothing more, nothing less. Which is a shame as this is supposed to be their "wow" title at the moment. Is that Ms. Marvel? It's ace!! But then again, I'm a little in love with that comic :wub:

Inhumans

Punisher

Miss Marvel

Elektra

I considered getting Elektra #1 but wasn't sure about it. Do you think I should get it?

I considered getting Elektra #1 but wasn't sure about it. Do you think I should get it?

I was told it's one of the best looking comics that is currently running. I do not have it yet though.

Inhumans

Punisher

Miss Marvel

Elektra

I read the Punisher & Fantastic Four. The former is pretty good. FF is starting out a bit slow, and if you didn't follow the previous series you may be a bit lost on some events they mention, as it's a continuation. I've really enjoyed both series though.

Stumbled upon a little gem in the comic store today. A Rocket Raccoon LEGO Stan Lee variant cover. Anyone knows if there's more LEGO variants out there? I hadnt heard about another run...

Stumbled upon a little gem in the comic store today. A Rocket Raccoon LEGO Stan Lee variant cover. Anyone knows if there's more LEGO variants out there? I hadnt heard about another run...

Not for Rocket Racoon, but last year there were lots of LEGO variants for different Series. The list is somewhere online, but quite a few of them are rare and expensive.

Not for Rocket Racoon, but last year there were lots of LEGO variants for different Series. The list is somewhere online, but quite a few of them are rare and expensive.

Yeah, I got half a dozen or so of those ones. After further Googling, it appears this Stan Lee one is it. Some saying that it was a make up for excluding Lee in the initial run.

I've been reading a lot of Image recently in addition to my Marvel books. I've followed The Walking Dead nearly since its inception, but now I'm also picking up Sex Criminals, Velvet, and East of West. Sex Criminals is a comedy from Matt Fraction, who is also the author of Hawkeye. Velvet is a political espionage thriller set in the Cold War written by Ed Brubaker, the creator of The Winter Solider. East of West is an interesting alternate history piece where the Civil War ended in a stalemate and the United States has now been divided into seven different countries and their fate rests on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. It mainly follows a Clint Eastwood-esque Death who is on his own personal quest. I would highly recommend all four of these.

I've been reading a lot of Image recently in addition to my Marvel books. I've followed The Walking Dead nearly since its inception, but now I'm also picking up Sex Criminals, Velvet, and East of West. Sex Criminals is a comedy from Matt Fraction, who is also the author of Hawkeye. Velvet is a political espionage thriller set in the Cold War written by Ed Brubaker, the creator of The Winter Solider. East of West is an interesting alternate history piece where the Civil War ended in a stalemate and the United States has now been divided into seven different countries and their fate rests on the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. It mainly follows a Clint Eastwood-esque Death who is on his own personal quest. I would highly recommend all four of these.

Nice to see someone else showing the love for Image. In my opinion, they are the best comic book publisher at the moment....Sex Criminals, Morning Glories, Southern Ba**ards, East Of West, Saga, The Trees, Alex and Ada, Deadly Class, Chew, The Manhattan Projects, The Mercenary Sea and The United States Of Murder Inc are all incredible.

How about the two new moves by Marvel? Thor will soon be female & Sam Wilson will become Captain America.

I kind of feel like being Captain America would a step down for Sam, at least powers wise. At least in the art I've seen it doesn't look like Sam will get to keep his wings. And I feel like he could be a more effective superhero with his Falcon powers than he would as Cap.

On the other hand, I would have used Eli Bradley as the new Falcon. Not only was his grandfather Captain America ( Not Steve or Bucky) but when he was in the Young Avengers he used the code name Patriot. Honestly I feel like it would have made more sense to use him, especially since the living Young Avengers are adults now. (Kate at least is 21)

Yeah, not sure about that either...why not just have Bucky do it? He's already on this new team. Apparently, why Thor is to be unworthy of Mjolnir will be known in Original Sin. If they wanted to introduce a new female character into Thors world, why not just use Angela, like they have been. It seems as though theyre heading in that direction with Original Sin Tie In(3.1). The new 'Superior' Iron Man, don't know much about it, but I like where the story in Iron Man is now and if theyre ending it for Superior...I don't know.

Lets see, I read Hawkeye my life as a weapon and little hits. Both were very good, but the ending of little hits with the clown was a complete cliffhanger. :hmpf_bad: I also finally got volume 2 of brightest day. I'm love the whole thing! The story is pretty well written as it pulls you. And I never really liked or understood Martian Manhunter until I read brightest day and new 52 JLA

Yeah, not sure about that either...why not just have Bucky do it? He's already on this new team. Apparently, why Thor is to be unworthy of Mjolnir will be known in Original Sin. If they wanted to introduce a new female character into Thors world, why not just use Angela, like they have been. It seems as though theyre heading in that direction with Original Sin Tie In(3.1). The new 'Superior' Iron Man, don't know much about it, but I like where the story in Iron Man is now and if theyre ending it for Superior...I don't know.

I would've preferred Bucky as well, but seeing as he was Cap recently, Marvel probably wanted to shake it up a bit. Plus, I believe Zemo exposed that Bucky was a Soviet Agent, so he probably wouldn't be seen as a good Captain America in that world. A reason that they made Falcon Cap I'm guessing is because of how much the public loved him after TWS (Which I think they just should've made a Falcon title as opposed to him being Cap).

The thing I don't like about the new female Thor is that they're calling her Thor. Thor is his name, not a mantle. So unless she's weirdly named Thor for some reason, she would end up being, say, Hannah the God of Thunder. The whole relationship with Thor being Odin's son and Brother of Loki is also a definitive aspect of the character, and taking that away from the character is pretty big.

Also, Marvel has the Ultimate universe so they can try stuff like this (especially after the events of Cataclysm and the New Ultimates). And these (plus Wolverine's death) will probably last a year or two, seeing as what Marvel has done recently with Superior Spider-Man. :sceptic:

My 13 year old son thought the current Punisher series looked interesting, but it said 'parental advisory' on the front. Is there any nudity, swearing or gore in the series currently?

My 13 year old son thought the current Punisher series looked interesting, but it said 'parental advisory' on the front. Is there any nudity, swearing or gore in the series currently?

I don't read the title, but The Punisher has always been one of Marvels more R rated characters. From when I paged through it (though it was the previous run) there was some implied nudity and some gore. There was some swearing, but nothing too major (shit and damn). That kind of swearing is about the worst you'll find in most comics, including even popular characters like Spider-Man. However, Punisher isn't really the classic superhero going up against supervillains. Most of the time, he's going after the mob and bringing down drug cartels, so it's a little darker than traditional comics.

The parental advisory titles are a bit more, for lack of a better term, inappropriate for younger fans in content. Off the top of my head, Punisher, Deadpool, Thunderbolts, and even the Wolverine title are all parental advisory comics as of now. It's all about more of the implication of elements such as nudity and gore in my experience than whats actually shown.

That being said, you could always go to the store and either page through an issue or two and/or ask whoever is working the store about it. At least at my store, the guys behind the counter read most of the comics themselves and are very helpful and friendly.

I read it. To my recollection, there's not a lot of gore, just blood...not really any gruesome deaths or anything. So far, the storyline has involved drug cartels, for the most part. No nudity as of yet, and I don't recall much swearing that you wouldn't normally hear on TV and such.

I read it. To my recollection, there's not a lot of gore, just blood...not really any gruesome deaths or anything. So far, the storyline has involved drug cartels, for the most part. No nudity as of yet, and I don't recall much swearing that you wouldn't normally hear on TV and such.

Thanks!

Just saw in November, LEGO & DC are teaming up with variants to go along with the release of LEGO Batman 3 game. Unsure of how many & who. I've seen Superman, Green Lantern, & The Flash.

Does anyone else read Justice League United or Superdoom?

Also I got Daredevil: Return of the King for £5 from British Red Cross in Cambridge.

Edited by Godtshep

Does anyone else read Justice League United or Superdoom?

Also I got Daredevil: Return of the King for £5 from British Red Cross in Cambridge.

Funny you should mention Superdoom, just bought a couple of issues of them about an hour ago on Comixology! Haven't read them yet though.

Well I'm a huge Deadpool fan. I own about 75% of all series he's been in.

Ultimates Spiderman also is one of my favorites as well as Walking Dead, Agent Venom (before it got cancelled :cry_sad: ) Cable, Superior Spider man, Amazing Spiderman, Deathstroke, Grendel, to name a few.

Recently read Oldman Logan as well. It was fantastic!

Then I kinda get just whatever else catches my attention.

Anyone else absolutely despise motion comics? Dear god... they're so terrible!

The voice actors are almost universally bad. The animations... if you can't do them good don't do them AT ALL. There is nothing redeeming about motion comics.

Well, it looks like Wolverine is following in the likes of Thor and Loki and becoming a woman.

I get it. We need more women in comic books. But can't we just come up with new interesting characters who are women instead of changing the gender of other interesting characters?

I'm more OK with Thor becoming a woman than Wolverine and Loki. Hell, Thor was a frog and a horse-faced alien at one point. There's context to the gender change. With Wolverine and Loki, it feels like a marketing gimmick to appease comic book fans who want more gender diversity.

Again, I like gender diversity. I encourage gender diversity. But really, wouldn't it be even better if women got their own great characters instead of having to hitch a ride on the fame of male characters?