Zzz

Indiana Jones theme discussion & speculations

I don't think these petitions mean much... it's just that so many of us want to ask Lego to continue one theme or another, and this is the only outlet we have.

And after we've signed the petition, we can feel nice and secure knowing that we've done all that we possibly can to encourage Lego to meet our wishes.

Gotcha. Well, as it happens, internet petitions don't actually carry much weight, but they're perhaps at least marginally better than no display of fan interest at all. A better way, though, would be to engage TLC more directly - writing to express interest in the theme, perhaps, and our continued interest in it and our hopes it returns from the hiatus, though we shouldn't write them with actual ideas for specific sets, characters, etc. we'd like to see; they probably won't even read those, for legal reasons. But I do intend to at least write to let them know I want more Indiana Jones sets.

And of course the absolute best way to guarantee more sets is to ensure good sales of the ones they've already done. ;) It'd probably mean more when the sets first come out (so, for example, buying a bunch of the sets back in August would probably carry more weight in influencing their thinking than buying a bunch of the sets now), but now's better than never.

Hi there, Blondie! I am sorry, but I opened a new topic with the idea to collect a lot (200, 500, 1000, ...?) of votes to get at least one final set. Cause the instruction and idea was hidden in the title and since it got eventually merged with this, it got a bit vague, the whole story. And since it got lost in the discussion thread, there is no chance to collect votes anymore. My idea was to send it to TLC at some point or let the moderators do it. (I have some connection with TLC, but I am sure they have better ones.) Sure, I don't believe it would work that well, they don't listen only to fans but first of all to their market analysts. Thats the reason for new pirates, the Cafe Corner and the Tauntaun, just to name a few. Sure I am not idealistic or stupid, but it is by far my favorite theme and I would have regretted it not to have tried it. Too bad the topic was merged after one day and the whole idea was useless.

The set examples were just meant as to encourage people to vote. "You want this? Then give me your vote!" Kinda like this, you know? And I chosed one of each of the old movies, the one people mentioned the most, and didn't care about the Crystal Scull. Just cause people were not asking too much, no personal reason..

Hope it explains it a bit, cheeers!

Ah, Ok. Well, anyway, I for one am definitely interested in more sets - from all four movies, I should note (I might be slightly less interested in ones for Kingdom of the Crystal Skull than for the other three, but simply because the fourth movie already has more sets than any of the others, particularly Temple of Doom and Last Crusade), and more than that, I also want sets from The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles / The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones. I'd even be into sets based on some of the novels, comics and games (particularly Fate of Atlantis)...

Definitely HANGAR 51 (the big set for 2010, hopefully) or the TANK! If not I listed some other considerations from the films. What do you all think?

RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK:

The Ark Ceremony

German Submarine

The Map Room

TEMPLE OF DOOM:

Slalom on Mt. Humol (Plane Escape/Mountains/Lake)

Pankot Palace (Interlocks with the Temple of Doom)

The Bridge Battle

LAST CRUSADE:

Circus Train Chase (Young Indy)

Portuguese Coast (Boat Battle)

The Zeppelin

Tank Showdown

KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL:

Hangar 51 (w/Rocket Sled Control Room)

Doom Town

The Jungle Chase

Ant Attack (tons)

HOPE the line continues till the next film; I watch weekly the sets come and go at the LEGO store here. Here's hoping...[/size][/size]

SIGNED and SOLD!!!!

I'd be interested in all of those and more, though some of those vehicles (the sub, the zeppelin) would be a bit large in minifigure scale - perhaps Indy UCS sets?

indy13, I see that was your first post. Welcome aboard!

I went to Toys R Us today to see if they had any Indiana Jones sets in today, and, of course, they did, but didn't have the boat chase one, which is the one I was looking for. It's weird, because isn't that a quite recent set release?

Brickipedia says that ijis pause to the end of the year.Is it true? :cry_happy:

Is anybody paying attention. :tongue:

Hey, give us time! ;)

It does indeed appear to be true there won't be any more Indiana Jones sets released in 2010, though from the way you asked the question I imagine you're really getting at whether or not there'll be more sets after that. For that question, we don't know the answer yet.

I think it's possible the theme will resume in 2011 (and it would be a good time to do so, since it'll be the 30th anniversary of Indiana Jones), but it's by no means certain.

I went to Toys R Us today to see if they had any Indiana Jones sets in today, and, of course, they did, but didn't have the boat chase one, which is the one I was looking for. It's weird, because isn't that a quite recent set release?

Yes, it's one of the five most recently-released sets (the others being The Temple of Doom, Ambush in Cairo, Fighter Plane Attack and Chauchilla Cemetery Battle; these five sets make up the August 2009 wave).

Venice Canal Chase is indeed still available; in fact, the last few times I was at the Toys R Us here, it was the set they had the most of - they actually probably had more copies of Venice Canal Chase than the other four sets combined. If your local store doesn't have it in at the moment, they may simply be between restockings.

Edited by Blondie-Wan

<br />Definitely HANGAR 51 (the big set for 2010, hopefully) or the TANK!

Definatly one of those. Hopefully Indy continues for a while, but hey, if not...

SIGNED

I think we wont get IJ in 2010,but in 2011 when the new movie comes out we will get a lot of sets.And after that we may get an Indy cartoon that showes what happened betwen Indy 3 and 4.

I heard that there may be an Indy 5.

Edited by Gamer

Yes, it's one of the five most recently-released sets (the others being The Temple of Doom, Ambush in Cairo, Fighter Plane Attack and Chauchilla Cemetery Battle; these five sets make up the August 2009 wave).

Venice Canal Chase is indeed still available; in fact, the last few times I was at the Toys R Us here, it was the set they had the most of - they actually probably had more copies of Venice Canal Chase than the other four sets combined. If your local store doesn't have it in at the moment, they may simply be between restockings.

Just to add an update and some detail...

I went back to my local TRU again yesterday and counted all the Indy sets, and they had more copies of Venice Canal Chase on the shelves than all other sets combined:

The Temple of Doom - 4 copies

Ambush in Cairo - 12 copies

Venice Canal Chase - 45 copies

Fighter Plane Attack - 6 copies

Chauchilla Cemetery Battle - 2 copies

I also know a couple other stores in town that have Venice Canal Chase right now (for one of them, it was the only Indy set they had left the last time I was there, in fact).

Just to add an update and some detail...

I went back to my local TRU again yesterday and counted all the Indy sets, and they had more copies of Venice Canal Chase on the shelves than all other sets combined:

The Temple of Doom - 4 copies

Ambush in Cairo - 12 copies

Venice Canal Chase - 45 copies

Fighter Plane Attack - 6 copies

Chauchilla Cemetery Battle - 2 copies

I also know a couple other stores in town that have Venice Canal Chase right now (for one of them, it was the only Indy set they had left the last time I was there, in fact).

Thanks for the Information. At my local Toys R Us, in Hull, there were loads of Plane Attack & Ambush in Cairo sets, a few Temple of Doom and Crystal Skull sets, then that was about it.

I'll have to find a shop which sells Venice Canal Chase next time I'm out of Hull.

the tru in livingston, scotland has all the indy sets as well as most of the city sets and the 2010 sw sets

Sorry for the bump, this was the only Indy thread I could find (I probably missed one somewhere!).

gallery_148_29_46730.jpg

Did anyone else notice the policeman's head? :sweet:

I think he's referring to the fireman, who has a yellow version of Indy's head.

I don't see how important that is, It's just a yellow head- and we already know how to make a yellow head. It doesn't really aply to Indy.

I went to wal-mart tonight and out of the blue saw a venice canal chase sitting on the shelf I bought it and it was only $19. What is weird about this besides the price is that this wal-mart in the past didn't have many of the indy line. The only sets they ever had were the 2 small sets motorcycle chase and jungle duel and then the river chase. They never had any of the 2009 sets until this lone venice chase i snapped up today.

I'm not complaining though for $19 I got a heck of a deal.

(bumping this thread since I'd like to resume discussion of the overall IJ theme, and I know the moderators tend to favor existing topics over new ones)

I went to wal-mart tonight and out of the blue saw a venice canal chase sitting on the shelf I bought it and it was only $19. What is weird about this besides the price is that this wal-mart in the past didn't have many of the indy line. The only sets they ever had were the 2 small sets motorcycle chase and jungle duel and then the river chase. They never had any of the 2009 sets until this lone venice chase i snapped up today.

I'm not complaining though for $19 I got a heck of a deal.

My local TRU still has copies of Venice Canal Chase, and still has them at $5 above list price (which probably has something to do with the sets still being there, of course). I intend to pick up one or two more of them soon.

Whither LEGO Indiana Jones? As I originally understood it, the theme was placed on hiatus to make room in TLG's product lineup for the Prince of Persia theme (which was apparently considered to be thematically similar to Indy), raising the possibility LEGO Indy would return as soon as the PoP theme ran its course. As I write this, though, plenty is now known about TLG's releases for next year, and there's no sign of any new sets, so the theme's future looks dim. As I've noted before, next year is the 30th anniversary of the Indiana Jones franchise, which would make for a good opportunity for TLG to do one last, large "exclusive" set, aimed at the fans - something which could send the theme out with a "bang," in the manner of the Imperial Flagship putting a wonderful cap on the (non-licensed version of the) Pirates theme. If so, such a set would certainly be more likely to be kept a secret until closer to its release, so I still hold out some hope, but I'm not wildly optimistic.

Still, though, if it has indeed ended for good, it's already had a great run (if not quite as extensive as one would like), and must certainly be one of the greatest licensed themes TLG has done - seventeen sets, including a Brickmaster set plus fifteen general retail sets and one vendor-semi-exclusive spread across four waves over a two-year period, representing characters and scenes from all four feature films, including all four female leads and several other important characters, lots of vehicles (no fewer than five planes, plus numerous motorcycles, military and civilian cars, trucks and motorcycles, boats, etc.), various temples, and even several things many people were sure TLG would never do (Nazi-era German soldiers, machine guns, Mola Ram and the Temple of Doom, etc.). Some glaring omissions remain (Marcus, Sallah, Oxley, Mac, Toht, Lao Che Air Freight's Ford Trimotor, the elephant caravan, the tank, the Grail Temple, and the entirety of The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles / The Adventures of Young Indiana Jones, to name a few), but what we got was - is - pretty choice. We even got not one but two video games out of it. Not too shabby, all things considered.

While I'd love to think they'll actually resume the whole theme on an ongoing basis and introduce lots of new sets over the years to come, I know there's little reason to assume they'll actually do that, but I do think doing at least one big, final set for LEGO Direct (to give the theme a bit of an encore for the franchise's anniversary, or perhaps a "send-off" for the theme) is at least somewhat more likely. Just for kicks, let's imagine TLG is indeed releasing such a set sometime in the middle of next year; what should the set be? I think an ideal candidate would be one of the various Indy trains - particularly the circus train, since that's the best-known one in the series. But the tank scene from Last Crusade would also represent not only a great, memorable scene with lots of opportunity for action features in an impressive model, but also an opportunity to finally grace us with minifigures of Marcus and Sallah...

(What I'd really love most of all would be sets from the Young Indy TV series, but I do know better than to ever expect those, at least unless and until the whole theme is resumed on an ongoing basis...)

I beleive the fact that a new Indy movie- as well as 3D versions of the previous movies- is coming should convince TLG to bring the line back. They stated how shacked they were at the line's success, and I doubt they'd pass down an oppurtunity like this. But if not, then a 30th anniversary set is in order. The Tank Chase is indeed the best candidate, an iconic sceane of the best movie with most of the important charecters of the first 3 movies.

Do you think that they'll possibly start it up again in 2012 with rumors of another Indy movie?

I'm with you on a 30th anniversary set...the train (w/ALL the cars) would be spectacular. With this you'd get Young/boy scout Indy and Fedora (w/his bumbling cohorts). But that Grail Temple (w/facade ala' Petra) and all it's traps is wonderful to do too. Love to have that Grail Knight minifig. Ah...one can hope and dream they'll keep LEGO Indy alive.

I sure hope with a new movie they'll continue.

Oh, I certainly think that if a new movie materializes the theme will resume; for me, the big questions are a) whether or not another movie will actually happen (this of course is a point of great interest well beyond its implications for the LEGO theme, obviously), and b) whether TLG would do any more sets without a new movie (such as doing some for the anniversary).

The Indy filmmakers actually are interested in doing another movie and are currently developing an idea, but of course there's no guarantee it'll pan out and give us a fifth feature; we'll just have to see how it goes. So long as it does happen, it seems to me all but certain that it would reignite the LEGO theme, but whether TLG would go back to the theme without having new movies to help drive it is another matter. Personally, I'm sure they could do well with some more sets whether there were more movies or not, but TLG may not be convinced, and/or probably wants expected sales above a certain threshold to justify further set development.

I'm so hoping for that anniversary set. The circus train and the tank are great. But also a detailed version of the temple of doom would be awesome, it will feature all details from the movie and over to 25 minifigures :tongue: . But to have a good anniversary set it must cost over 150 euros or dollars.

The fifth movie probably goes about the Bermuda Triangle. I hope it'll return, I always bought those sets with a lot of fun :thumbup:

TLG actually said in the end of 2009 that the theme was paused for a year and continued in 2011. Then they have enough time to make even better sets then they already did.

I think it has endless possibilities. The last crusade has been dreadfully overlooked,ravenwoods bar would be a must have for me, I really think it should be an ongoing theme, especially with rumors about a fifth movie.default_cry_happy.gif

Well if you think about it, LEGO Star Wars started in 1999 after TPM hit theatres. There were only four films at the time (TPM, ANH, ESB, & ROTJ). Much like LEGO Indy when it started there were only three films. KOTCS was yet to be in theatres. LEGO can still do the university, a GOOD Cairo, Ark opening scene, Club Obi Wan, Indian village, Pankot palace, Venice, Tank chase, Grail Temple just to name a few.

H.Ford woul like to kill Indiana Jones. He's tired of this character.

This means that we should have a new movie where the professor actually die, or maybe they'll do like with his father that died off-screen.