Legoman

New Zealand: "Where to find Lego"

I guess it just doesn't hurt to ask, CF. This guy didn't even give me the pleasure of haggling though - didn't even look at the box. If I was being cynical, I might wonder if he didn't know something about that missing bag. More likely he didn't give a damn about how much someone pays for a damaged item. I don't think it would affect his annual stock options bonus, so why not make someone's day? Was from a central Nth Island store.

Part of my role at The Warehouse is to investigate excessive price overrides like this one. There are procedures in place to stop this happening, so I wouldn't want to be him just now :)

Kmart had the Space Centre (3368) for $78, the Space Shuttle for $45, with the Police Mobile Unit (7288) for $45 (I think) and the Power Boat Transport for $35 (I think). They also had the CM for $6ea :oh3:

Kmart had the Space Centre (3368) for $78, the Space Shuttle for $45, with the Police Mobile Unit (7288) for $45 (I think) and the Power Boat Transport for $35 (I think). They also had the CM for $6ea :oh3:

CM? As in Collectable Figs? For $6??? Yikes!

Part of my role at The Warehouse is to investigate excessive price overrides like this one. There are procedures in place to stop this happening, so I wouldn't want to be him just now :)

Keep in mind that the missing bag 1 from that set contained the highly sought after minifigs and enough of the structure to leave the set unbuildable. Not many people will want that at any price.

You may want to spank some of your managers while you're at it though. Just picked up 7326 Rise of the Sphinx for $35 from the local WH. Being a green sticker requiring approval, I guess it was a local special. If anyone desperately wants one at that price + postage, PM me.

Thats a pretty good deal for a 4483. I made one up a few months ago in Bley, which looks great - otherwise I'd be dead keen.

You wouldn't happened to have sold this bley 4483 recently would you?

Went into farmers 2 days back and they had 20% off lego, the new BPs $30 - were down to $25. Didn't look at any other prices as I was in a rush. :classic:

CF

Why, yes I did! I had the chance to buy a really beautiful cabinet, but needed a few extra dollars.

On a completely different note, the Toyworld here in Tauranga has closed down, which is a little bit sad, as they were the only ones around that had a good range of Lego. The good news is, that they will be having a liquidation sale in the next few days, so there is a high possibility of Lego being sold at really good prices.

I'll keep you all posted, and if you want anything, let me know and Ill check it out.

Why, yes I did! I had the chance to buy a really beautiful cabinet, but needed a few extra dollars.

Oh man, I wish I'd seen that! I would be dead keen for a bley 4483, and it went for a steal!

BTW, sorry for not posting here/keeping up to date so much anymore, A lot of conversation have moved over to Kiwibricks now :classic:

Edited by Legoman

Hi I am new on this forum but was directed to this thread since I am from NZ, hopefully someone can help. I am trying to find a 8288 Lego Technic crawler crane set . I would perfer new but used is ok as long as it has all the bits and is in reasonable condition, so if someone could help me that would be cool. i have been looking for about 1 year.

Success!!! :sweet: I had a brand new 8288 Lego crawler crane turn up on thursday from Belgium thanks to Bricklink. Cost me an arm and a leg but it was worth it, especially since it was brand new in mint condition. Does anyone know how many of these are in NZ?.

Edited by technicfan

Oh man, I wish I'd seen that! I would be dead keen for a bley 4483, and it went for a steal!

Mwaaa ah ha ha ha

Run out of display room though. Need a new cabinet. Trades anyone?

Mwaaa ah ha ha ha

Run out of display room though. Need a new cabinet. Trades anyone?

Heh, Did you buy it?

If you're seriously wanting to trade it out, Flick me a PM. Anything you're looking for ATM?

Success!!! :sweet: I had a brand new 8288 Lego crawler crane turn up on thursday from Belgium thanks to Bricklink. Cost me an arm and a leg but it was worth it, especially since it was brand new in mint condition. Does anyone know how many of these are in NZ?.

No Idea of how many were sold here but I parted two sets into my BL store which is now added to my personal collection. I have used the boom lattice parts for the base of a modified 7905 tower crane. I now work for NZs largest crane company so wanted it to be more realistic.

Warehouse South Dunedin has offical 8 and 16 space Minifigure holders in stock

Amazon Link to show what i'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Schylling-KP004-Lego-Large-Minifigure/dp/B005LUJRGM/ref=sr_1_12?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1330135998&sr=1-12

Different outer colours (red, black, green and yellow) but all with white base plates inside.

Can't recall price.

Saw them in Toys R Us in Australia in August last year so took a while to get here.

Heh, Did you buy it?

If you're seriously wanting to trade it out, Flick me a PM. Anything you're looking for ATM?

Yep. Left an autobid on it with a few minutes to go and came back later to find I'd won. Most surprising. Not actually looking to trade sorry. Harmacy's reason for selling just reminded me that I need somewhere to keep this stuff.

Warehouse South Dunedin has offical 8 and 16 space Minifigure holders in stock

Amazon Link to show what i'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/Schylling-KP004-Lego-Large-Minifigure/dp/B005LUJRGM/ref=sr_1_12?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1330135998&sr=1-12

Different outer colours (red, black, green and yellow) but all with white base plates inside.

Can't recall price.

Saw them in Toys R Us in Australia in August last year so took a while to get here.

In my local WH too. I think the price for the 8-space set was about what you'd expect for this sort of thing: freaking heaps. Nearly $40 maybe?

In my local WH too. I think the price for the 8-space set was about what you'd expect for this sort of thing: freaking heaps. Nearly $40 maybe?

I was in Dunedin last week, so went to their TW. They had heaps of these brick containers, sorters etc. From memory, it was expensive too.

On a completely different note, the Toyworld here in Tauranga has closed down, which is a little bit sad, as they were the only ones around that had a good range of Lego. The good news is, that they will be having a liquidation sale in the next few days, so there is a high possibility of Lego being sold at really good prices.

I'll keep you all posted, and if you want anything, let me know and Ill check it out.

If they have any LEGO hanging banners to give away, City related or LEGO logo ones?

Napier Toyworld closed down a few years ago, The owners and I become great friends through me buying LEGO, even invited for meals at their house.

A new Toyworld opened up a few years later. I am now friends with the new owners :wink:

Just an update here - The liquidators are still working through details, so no sale announcement yet. Thanks to all those who PM'ed me, i have your 'shopping list', so will keep in touch.

On another note, I picked up my new cabinet last week - Took 6 people to lift it off the back of the truck - Its a beast! I've put all my classic town sets in there, and am now working on the landscaping to make it all look seamless. I'll post photos soonish.

Has anyone seen the 2012 Lego star wars Y-Wing set in New Zealand yet?

Pretty sure this set will be exclusive to Toyworld or Farmers. Hence, they control the release date and may delay it while shifting other stock or to coincide with a store promotion. You could try contacting their customer service to see if they have any info?

Hey guys, been off here for awhile due to lots of work...anyways. Im very pleased to announce (to anyone in the area who doesn't know) that a Toyworld in Albany (north shore) is opening! Its situated in the block of shops where the Placemakers used to be. :sweet: I can't wait as now that will be another lego retailer in one area and hopefully some good sales eg boxing day...! We now have:

warehouse, Farmers, Kmart, Toyworld, Toys R Fun...I think thats pretty darn good. :grin:

Im planning on doing a Little Arms order in the next few days, to get afew more of their guns and to sell afew on TM for profit. Is anyone keen to combine with me? Im happy to buy what you want (and you can put the money + shipping (from me to you), into my account) I don't mind as its a fixed shipping price from little arms. :sweet: Have a look and get back to me via PM asap. Im planning on ordering Friday or Saturday. :sweet:

CF

Just got the best deal at Kmart today! The T-16 shuttle was on clearance for $55! Thats more than 50% off! So I just had to pick it up and im glad I did. The set is actually really good and for that price was certainly worth it. :thumbup:

Included in my Lego Club magazine today was a series 4 Minifigure! Pleasent surprise.

Toyworld is having another national Building competition starting April 1 and there's a "finish the story" competition to win Ninjago sets too.

Just got the best deal at Kmart today! The T-16 shuttle was on clearance for $55! Thats more than 50% off! So I just had to pick it up and im glad I did. The set is actually really good and for that price was certainly worth it. :thumbup:

*oh2* what a bargain!!!! I wonder if my kmart has any in stock on sale...

Included in my Lego Club magazine today was a series 4 Minifigure! Pleasent surprise.

Toyworld is having another national Building competition starting April 1 and there's a "finish the story" competition to win Ninjago sets too.

Same, i got the skateboarder, was hoping for either the nome, viking, muskateer, artist, fifa guy, sailer or the orange guy, the rocker would have been pretty cool as well. Oh well pretty cool. :sweet:

Im doing my little arms order now, no one is keen?

CF

Hmm, Thats a good price, I wonder what else they have put on clearance recently, I haven't been to K-mart in a while.

I got the Surfer girl. Bit dissapointed with the quality, but hey, It was free :wink:

On another note, I just finished building the Taj.. Man, It's a beast! Quite a nice set actually, Very nice in person.