KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

2009 looks to be a really good year for star wars fans. I love how Home one is bristling with so many new and exclusive minifigs. Echo base looks like its gonna be a bestseller.

If you ask me, 6 clones is a pretty SMALL number. The Castle Chess Set came with WAY more minifigs and it was only $200... the minifigs were way different, too, and some of them were unique to that set. It's a rip-off, through and through. But it might yet be worth it.

It should be $200 considering the price per piece ratio, but TLG knows most of us will get it even if they tag on an extra $50. :sceptic:

I love how the Senate Commandos turned out.

New helmet mold and new gun. :classic:

Now that I look, the gun is new. Very nice.

I'm a bit bummed with the Toy Fair news, no new UCS sets?! Major bummer, although as a diehard old school OT fan (it's the Star Wars I grew up on), I might get the AT-OT with Dropship. Though not a Clone Wars fan, it is a pretty nice set. However, I wouldn't call it the "BEST SET EVER"...that title IMHO goes to the UCS Millennium Falcon.

Hi guys I was just wondering if I can post a picture of the pirate tank ? Tha :thumbup::tongue: nks

Well what picture. If its one from the toy fair go right on ahead.

I am talking with lego now to see if the release date is truly march 3rd and to confirm the price of the republic dropship and AT-OT.

I apparently dont see what you guys are seeing but the commando dosent have a new gun.

Edited by CloneMe

incase anyone didnt know what that thing the clone is standing on in the snail droid set thats shown in some toyfair pics, its a catapult to throw the "jet troops" into the air. seems a bit unnessisary. (im gettin that set for sure though) i realy like the at ot and drop ship but i dont have enough money :angry::angry::angry: i guess a do have a atte and laat/c so... :sceptic:

I already said this in a different thread, but I thought I'd point this out here also.

Did anyone notice in this pic that there is an alternate nose art sticker for the LAAT Dropship that looks almost just like one of Rayman's custom RGS stickers? :look:

gunship5.jpg

Strange.

I already said this in a different thread, but I thought I'd point this out here also.

Did anyone notice in this pic that there is an alternate nose art sticker for the LAAT Dropship that looks almost just like one of Rayman's custom RGS stickers? :look:

gunship5.jpg

Strange.

Yah. I saw that. That is really weird. I think I like the wampa though better.

Yeah, they look really similar. :look:

When I first looked at the decal by Rayman, I thought it was the real decal. :oh:

Edited by ILikePi

Oky wan do you have the pictures of all his other art works. I just wanted to see what else he had made. Im not a terribly crazy OT fan compared to PT but these sets make me go crazy. I absolutly love the hoth rebel goggles. There awsome.

Nvm Oky. I found his brickshelf.

Edited by CloneMe

Well, I guess we know what the mystery Technic rod in the Home One is for now - To have the A-Wing turn around and "fly" out of the hangar and wise-versa. Pretty cool feature, IMO. :thumbup:

The Home One set has a nostalgic value for me. As a kid, I used to have a bunch of MicroMachines Star Wars playsets which were much like this. :sweet: I still wont get it though. :tongue:

Btw, I'm really glad that they changed the clone in the Venator to a pilot. :thumbup: Otherwise we wouldn't have had anyone to fly the damn thing! :tongue:

Hopefully TLC reveals some new sets for the Imperials and Separatists because both are getting beaten by a long shot. They need to focus more on bad guys and unique characters. Oh, and more new magnets would be nice too. (We need a CIS flagship with a new stronger, bigger, BETTER, Greivous. God hear my prayer :P)

The republic dropship and at-ot look great. All those clones that are involved. Now they can give clones in the At-ot but why not in the AT-TE seen as they are the same thing basically apart from one has a roof.

Anyway I thought that Home one would be rubbish but now I have seen the command centre bit it could be good. A lot of moding would be involved though. Mainly to make it look better.

The AT-OT is now the equivelant of the MTT. They both seat 16 troops. Theere Needs to be more CIS stuff to compete with the turbo tank and the AT-TE

What a awesome day for the world of lego star wars! :thumbup: I won't be able to afford the AT-OT but just looking at it makes me happy :classic: The design is pretty top notch for this set, thanks lego. The few cons are obviously the hefty price tag and lack of unique minifigures.

The Venator wasn't all that I hoped for. its just way too small and as a result theres not much playability for the interior.

I can't wait to pick up the smaller sets though!

I see where your going with this but I still think its an amazing set. What blows me away is that no one had any idea that 10195 was even there. TLC did a good job on keeping this quiet. Anyways. This is a must get for me.

Yeah this one came as a big surprise! :cry_happy:

Definitly a must buy... and I thought 2008 was an expensive year with the Death Star coming out on top of all sets. I guess 2009 is going to top that...

The LAAT/c is seen in the begining of the Battle of Teth in the Clone Wars Movie, but other that that they have not been shown.

Upon farther examination (looking for flaws I found in the AT-OT) I think that it is way to thin, and I dont like the large thing that occupies the middle. But with some easy modding, and a few more seats, I could make it minifig scale with all 32 seats.

Havent seen the LAAT/c in the CW series yet. The AT-OT is seen in episode 3 when order 66 is issued.

I think the AT-OT has this size so it can match the LAAT/c and otherwise the pricetag would go up even more. :hmpf_bad:

Well what picture. If its one from the toy fair go right on ahead.

I am talking with lego now to see if the release date is truly march 3rd and to confirm the price of the republic dropship and AT-OT.

I apparently dont see what you guys are seeing but the commando dosent have a new gun.

Did you confirm the date?

Cant see anything new about the gun either.

Strange.

Well pointed out! Yes, they look similar. And I must say I like Rayman's version more. A well wouldnt need a second stickerset anyways, with this pricetag I'm definitly NOT getting two of them. :laugh:

Well, gentlemen, I don't fully understand the general critisizm (judging by comments on Flickr.) of this beauty:

3282460318_ea81e7d8d8.jpg

That's a nice 25$ set with great playability and nice design.

Playability:

Since Tank droids are vulnerable from behind, a choice of jet/jump troopers is great. Kids may "blow up' the tank from behind, "jump" on it, etc....

Design:

Looks exactly like in CW cartoon, will look great together with other CIS vehicles. Has great colors, unlice the previous one. Even flick-fire missiles look nice here, just like with AAT.

Plus to that w get 2 battle droids, and one can never have enough of them, can he? ) :sweet:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Edit:

Speaking of, AT-OT.... It's AT-OT, that's blown up by Octuptarra in ep.3 is it not? )

Edited by The Penguin