KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

I'm still a little bit confused aboout the Palpatine figure.

In the first picture he have the new Count Dooku hairs in grey. But if you look at the picture from the box, you can see Palpatine with bright tan hairs.

So whích colour will the set contain...?

Picture1

Picture2

Greetings 'Bricks'

Wow! His face is scarier than Anakin's! :cry_sad:

No wonder The Confederacy lost the war! :laugh:

Good day, gentlemen! ) :sweet:

Edited by The Penguin

I knew it!! That is a hologram he's holding!

And um.....I'm pretty sure his hair will be gray.

Gotta love the AT-OT and LAAT set. Won't buy it unless it includes a new jedi though.

I'm more pleased than I expected with the Home One. Maybe those black beams are for modular building. Or maybe to slide sections back and forth on them, that way you can rearrange the set.

I love that new LAAT/c and AT-OT set. That has been a set I wanted since I saw Episode III, and it can hold my AT-TE as well. 250$ isn;t tooo bad, but it's still a little high. I will be getting it no doubt, and I really hope that there is an Aayla Secura or other new Jedi in there as well. 6 Clones and Two Pilots is great.

I love the new Y-wing as well, escpecially R2 and the Bubble Turret. The shuttel seems Waaaaay too small. Hoth is good too, but my favs are the Tank Droid and LAAT/c and AT-OT.

I knew it!! That is a hologram he's holding!

And um.....I'm pretty sure his hair will be gray.

Gotta love the AT-OT and LAAT set. Won't buy it unless it includes a new jedi though.

I'm more pleased than I expected with the Home One. Maybe those black beams are for modular building. Or maybe to slide sections back and forth on them, that way you can rearrange the set.

I think that's likely. A modular set or one that will be expanded in future would make the most sense. This topic has gotten huge, what with the unveiling of the Dropship/AT-OT combo. It looks like an awesome set, but way to expensive. I'll probably only be getting the Endor bunker, as well as multiples of the CIS tank droid and the Hoth set. Heres hoping for Hoth battle packs, first wave 2010.

I'm scared to say it but I don't think the dropship looks as amazing is everyone is saying. Colours look a bit crappy, like here there and everywhere, lots of ugly bits (that make good features sure) but still a bit ugly.

Obviously the price will be insane. And I think 8 clones isn't very much.....its $250....8 minifigures. Really? I mean really. Death Star is $50 more and has over 20 right?

Mental.

This is hands down the best Lego year ever. The 10195 set is mammoth and bankruptable :tongue:

I haven't bought a lot of CW, but that set is going to be hard to pass up!

8 clones and two massive sets all in one. :classic:

I think I'll let the pics rest for a day or two and then try to find the best for the first post :laugh:

This is almost like christmas.

Thanks to all those sharing their pics with us.

Man I wish they had something like this at LEGOWorld, but sadly they had nothing at all...

Thanks for posting all those pictures! :thumbup:

For everyone here who can't be bothered looking through all those pictures for details, here they are:

7748 - Corporate Alliance Tank Droid - 216pcs - $24.99

7749 - Echo Base - 155pcs - $24.99

7753 - Pirate Tank - 372pcs - EST $39.99

7754 - Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser - ?pcs - $109.99

7778 - Midi-Scale Millenium Falcon - 356pcs - EST $34.99

8036 - Separatists Shuttle - 259pcs - $29.99

8037 - Anakin's Y-Wing Starfighter - 570 pcs - $59.99

8038 - The Battle Of Endor - 890 - $89.99

8039 - Venator-class Republic Attack Cruiser - 1169pcs - $119.99

10195 - Republic Dropship with AT-OT - 1758 - $249.99

Which gives a total of about $784.90 all the sets listed above. :oh3:

Thanks for posting the preliminary prizes... :thumbup:

This is one expensive year.

It will be! Around $ 785, and the sets keep coming. Cant miss out on any of them I'm afraid. :cry_sad:

So whích colour will the set contain...?

Picture1

Picture2

Most definitly picture 1, the second photo is yellow and that's why the picture on the box looks like that. :grin:

I think I'll let the pics rest for a day or two and then try to find the best for the first post :laugh:

This is almost like christmas.

Thanks to all those sharing their pics with us.

Man I wish they had something like this at LEGOWorld, but sadly they had nothing at all...

Sorry, Kim-I'm really excited about this one:

star_wars_025.jpg

I wonder how we are going to afford all these beauties. :sceptic: I'll get the samller sets myself and the others for my Birthday and Xmas. I'll miss out on the Mid scale Falcon and the Y-Wing though. They look rubbish anyway. I hope the sets will be cheaper in GBP. :thumbup:

The exploding feature on the Endor Base isn't as good as LEGO made out. Only four panels come off and the whole base doesn't collapse. :hmpf_bad: Ah well. We could always MOD it. :thumbup:

JD

Edited by Jammiedodger714

Sorry, Kim-I'm really excited about this one:

>SNIP<

As am I, Hinck. How long have we been waiting for a large Endor set? Rezourceman, what parts of 10195 do you find ugly. I personally love the AT-OT and the dropship, but the way they connect together, while probably quite stable, looks fairly ugly. Other than that, its perfect, but sadly I can't afford it. KimT, this is just like christmas, all these new pictures of the sets. :thumbup:

3281335230_cbc9542e2d.jpg

Oh... My... GOD! :oh3: That looks AWESOME! :cry_happy: It's... it's beautiful! All those clones... those Pilots... that Wampa nose art...

I must have it! But it's $250! :cry_sad: Oh well. Some kind of Sale will come around eventually.

I'm also very happy about the jetpacks in the Tank Droid set! They look like a fine new mold. :thumbup: Let's just hope that we will get two of them with this set, like the box art promises. :sweet:

The interior of the Venator turns out to be satisfying for me as well. I like how you can practically take the back apart, and I'm loving that mini turbolaser cannon. :sweet: Palpy's CW face looks pretty scary. :look: Even scarier than in the show. But it's pretty accurate. I like it. :classic: And that Death Star hologram in his hand is a nice touch. :thumbup: I am also quite glad that they went with a new mold for the Senate Guards. Normal, blue clone helmets just wouldn't be right.

All these sets look amazing (even the Y-Wing is growing on me), and (eventually) I will get them all, except Endor and Home One which are not worth the money for me as a PT fan. And I won't get the Sep Shuttle either if I can get Gunray and Farr from a magnet set or something. :wink:

2009 ON!

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

thanks for the bunker pics, it looks great. the at st looks like it swings its legs like the old bionicles :wacko: the at ot and dropship look great, but 250 dollars... the front on the atot looked messed up, till i relized the cockpit is flipped up.

Dont be so daft as to claim a $250 set could be settled on the inclusion of a single minifig :hmpf:

...and you've seen the box art and you know the set is released in 2 weeks - clearly there is no jedi fig - why even imagine otherwise?

WOW!!! Just yesterday we were still talking about what will be show in the NYTF and this morning we have tons of new pics :tongue: .

This pics (And sets :tongue: ) really look AWESOME :cry_happy:. I will comment in each set :thumbup: :

Snail Tank: Looks very cool and well designed and I really like the small but good sets so a must buy from my part. Also the new jetpacks are totally confirmed :thumbup: .

Echo Base: Looks very good, not much of a set but more of a big battlepack but still a must buy for me :tongue: , escpecially with that Taun Taun.

Sep. Shuttle: This is one of the sets I am most looking foward :sweet: . The ship is cool and small so it can occupied much space and also I like this ship and its design and last but not least the minifigs which are really great. I was hoping for a Nute since I start collecting :grin: .

Y-wing: When the first pics came out I really hate this set but now it looks a lot better and I think I will buy it. Now it looks a lot more sleek and is nice sized so I think is cool.

Endor: MUST BUY!!!! I just will say that :grin: .

Venator: This set somewhat looks flimsy and unstable to me :sceptic: . Just look it really doesn´t have what I hope of an interior and the other features look very very unstable. The whole set looks so fragile and to be honest not that great :sadnew: . Still I will buy it but not with so much "hype" as the others.

Mon Cal Cruiser: This set now looks even better and the whole set is very solid design and looking-wise :tongue: but I really need to admit that the price tag was unexpected and now is such a steal :angry: . $110 for a little hangar, a little conference room and some new figs don´t justify the price :hmpf: .

AT-OT with Republic Dropship: Now this was a really great surprise :grin::cry_happy: . I think the TLC really score some points whith this set. Two really cool ships in an amazing duo-pack and cool presentation. The set itself is really stunning but the price and minifigs somewhat dissapoints me :tongue: . Why just some clones TLC? We can purchase lots of them in the BPs but this set had the great potential for a new Aayla Secura and a price tag that justifies it but now we just get some clones? That really dissapoints me. Also the price tag is very high :thumbdown: . C´mon the set don´t have more than 1800 pieces and they sold it by $250? Not a fair move :sadnew: .

I'll get the samller sets myself and the others for my Birthday and Xmas.

Are you kidding? :oh3: Wish I was young and your (grand)parents :wink:

Nope, for me it will be saving up and not tell the price of these babys when they come in... sneaky, I know. :grin:

you know the set is released in 2 weeks

What?! In 2 weeks? :oh:

Where did you come up with that date?

That set will be truly... am I allowed to put orgasimic?

That is truly disgusting.

This is comparable to Christmas morning, but I don't know if I would go so far as to say :tongue:that .

You do realize that if they have the big dropship set any lower than $200, it will be cheaper than the Gunship and AT-TE, and they won't be able to sell those two. And they know AFOLs would buy it either way. They aren't stupid.

Edited by darthperson

Dont be so daft as to claim a $250 set could be settled on the inclusion of a single minifig :hmpf:

...and you've seen the box art and you know the set is released in 2 weeks - clearly there is no jedi fig - why even imagine otherwise?

I don't really need something that big if it would only consume space, plus, I already have plenty of clones, so for me a new Jedi would be the deciding factor.

The box was not what I was looking at and I had no idea at all that it was being released in 2 weeks.

Don't be so quick to criticize others that are at least trying to be a little optimistic about this.

And Darth Dracus, I'm pretty sure you're not allowed to put that---Or at least you shouldn't.

I don't really need something that big if it would only consume space

Thatswhatshesaid. Ok I'm done. Its out of my system for now. I couldn't leave that alone. :laugh:

I did hear someone say that is is supposed to be released in sometime in March. :thumbup: The 20th maybe? I could be wrong.

And to think I was disappointed with this years line up only this morning.

The Drop Ship is a really cool looking set, unfortunately it's a little more than I'm willing to spend on something like this, but it's awesome none the less. The Endor set is cheaper than I was expecting though, and since I only recently starting collecting I don't have many OT sets, I'll definitely be getting that set along with the Home One which also looks really cool and has a great selection of mini-figs.

The Y-wing also looks a lot better in these shots, I'm still disappointed that it comes with such a bland selection of mini figs though. Surely they could have just used Anakin OR Ahsoka along with a less common character?

That's what she said.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Good timing.

(On Topic :wink: )I can't wait for that Shuttle, Nute Gunray and On. Fa. are certainly figs to look forward to.