KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Probs just a hoax :wink: And guys be patient, good things come in time :thumbup:

Lando: Hello Admiral Ack-

Admiral Ackbar: IT'S A TRAP!

Admiral Ackbar throws Lando off the cruiser.

Now we can do that in LEGO FORM. HUZZAH! :laugh:

Do you think there will be a small interior right under the Venator bridge or in it?

Possibly. There was beneath the bridge of the Victory, wasn't there? (I didn't get it so I'm not certain)

It looks like a large area to be just used for structure.

Lando: Hello Admiral Ack-

Admiral Ackbar: IT'S A TRAP!

Admiral Ackbar throws Lando off the cruiser.

Now we can do that in LEGO FORM. HUZZAH!

What?

If the MF is a Endor like version than it wont have a Luke in it... :sadnew:

I don't care if it makes sense, I just want a new luke in a set under $400. Heck, throw him in the Seperatist Shuttle, I don't care :tongue: . (Plus, lego has been known do make some weird figure choices now and then).

Okay, first observation: This set looks incredible. A fantastic set of new mini-figs, and I love seeing a green-toned A-Wing fighter. The holo-Death Star looks interesting. Admiral Ackbar, Lando and General Madine all look great. Mon Mothma is a bonus I did not expect. I'm surprised that none of the big 3 heroes are included in this set, esp. Luke since he was left out of the Endor set.

Couple of questions, though. Does it look to anybody else, like there are gaping holes in the floor underneath the holo-Death Star? And what purpose do you think the long rods extending from the landing platform towards foreground of the picture have (the speech bubble from the Mon Calamari mechanic is partially covering it)?

I think I've figured out why the long rods are there. Maybe it's so you can place the A-Wing on them, give it a little push-er-roo, and it looks like it's flying! Or they will be replaced in the actual set. Remember, this is just preliminary.

A few days away and we get some new pictures :classic:

Mon-Calamari-''Cruiser'':

If you look at just the set you think a LEGO Designer must go home and didn't finished the project.

Just a few technik parts, but the minifigures make me buying that set. They are so awesome.

Venator interior:

I think this is a really nice room. With Palpatine on his chair and in front of him two Senate Guards :thumbup:

Greetings 'Bricks'

Edited by Bricks

As said I love the venator and am definetly going to buy it but I will only get the cruiser for the special figures! :classic:

I bet theres a way to enlarge/ empty out the venator so i in nicer. The Home one does look nifty.

Lando: How was that pizza last night?

Admiral Ackbar: ITS A TRAP!

Lando: calm down.

Ackbar: Sorry, just a reaction.

That would be a funny scene

I bet theres a way to enlarge/ empty out the venator so i in nicer. The Home one does look nifty.

Lando: How was that pizza last night?

Admiral Ackbar: ITS A TRAP!

Lando: calm down.

Ackbar: Sorry, just a reaction.

That would be a funny scene

Pizza? What does that have to do with a trap?

Just an observation. I think LEGO likes putting sticking out mystery features in cool and special sets.

In last year's Death Star, it was that handle on the side that people wondered about for ages.

Now in the Home One, it is that long technic piece.

It adds to the drama and the discussion about the sets. :classic:

im not sure if this was said or not, but the venator says senator palpatine while it's supposed to be supreme chancellor.

Please remember people, these are preliminary. If you look at the clone trooper, it has an old torso and a black head.

Its just a situation illustrating that ackbar likes saying its a trap

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this topic.

Quit spamming it up guys or I am going to get really tired.

"Stay on target!"

Is that Dark green or standard green on the A-Wing?

Its Dark Green on the front I think, and has a little lighter dark green at the back where the engines are

A what?

And where?

Just a stinky bionicle piece. Its the red ball in the conference room. It least its not a sticker. :thumbup:

Just a stinky bionicle piece. Its the red ball in the conference room. It least its not a sticker. :thumbup:

A sticker on that spherical piece would be pretty finicky to put on. :wink:

I hope we see another OT UCS set in 2009, it's the only line of Star Wars LEGO I collect. As far as I know, 2008 didn't have a UCS release. I'd love to see a UCS Slave 1 or Imperial Shuttle done before the license runs out. Also on the want list of UCS sets would be an A-Wing, B-Wing, or Tie Fighter.

A sticker on that spherical piece would be pretty finicky to put on. :wink:

I think I almost had an OCD attack (such a thing?) just THINKING about doing that...

The Mon Calamari set is quite nice, and may get it if it isn't too expensive. I seriously rather sets like this as opposed to large ships.

I think I almost had an OCD attack (such a thing?) just THINKING about doing that...

As did I. :sick: Stickers are hard enough to put on, much less on spheres... I hope they replace that ugly Bionicle piece with a new mold. By the way, when does the US toy fair take place? It seems our most likely venue to get pictures of the mid-scale falcon. That sets still shrouded in mystery. :oh:

Edited by Millacol88

The long technic piece under the a-wing platform might be like in the bat cave, so rather than being a way to launch the ship, it may be a way of rotating the ship around on the platform.