KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

It looks a lot like the Mon Cal head is the same plastic as the new Yoda head. Not at all rubbery like Kit and Plo's heads, but sort of like a very bendy plastic.

It looks a lot like the Mon Cal head is the same plastic as the new Yoda head. Not at all rubbery like Kit and Plo's heads, but sort of like a very bendy plastic.

Since we even don't have got pics of the box art yet I'd guess that these heads are preliminary - but of course you might be even right and they are the final mold.

Klaus-Dieter

This set is great for the minifigs, but I am a little bit disappointed by the control room. I hoped we would get a bigger one, with more places to sit rebels.

Nevertheless, the hangar seems wellmade, and big enough to fit several A-wing

I, too, wonder about what function this mysterious black stick does have. :look:

Klaus-Dieter

I wonder if it is not a kind of propulsion system so the A-wing can easily take of. But is should be a rather strange function :look:

I'm kinda glad they colored the A-Wing green, because I don't want 2 red A-Wings. I don't know why, but I don't really like Ackbar's head, it just doesn't look like something Lego would make.....

It might have some potential. The figures seem to have good torsos for non-Star-Wars applications.

I'd like to see more pictures before making a final judgment. Though I will say, I don't really need a third blasted A-wing...

Steve

I have to say, this set is really great. Just like the Hoth set, it's not too big but the few parts that are included are well-designed and detailed. This is what I prefer. I prefer small, detailed parts of a larger structure at an affordable price with new minifigs. A big ship I can't afford, and usually the details included are sparse (though the DS was an exception). I do hope they change the "hologram" though. I have the pieces myself (it's a two-piece ball) and it looks nothing like the DS (apart from shape). Probably it's prelim. And I don't care that they didn't include the main minifigs. The ignored, secondary, can't-make-without-new-mold characters are what matters. Plus a chance to get an A-Wing (missed out the first time).

What stick are we talking about? If it's the one Ackbar is holding beside the A-Wing, that's not a stick. It's a hose, like for sticking into a gas tank to fill up your car...or ship....Or to stick on top of an R2 Unit to remove him from the ship....or

not. :tongue:

Please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

Venator INTERIOR pictures!

1.jpg

A little office for Palpy, but even more to come underneath the wing and back! This set could shove in at least 15 figs! :wub:

1.jpg

A little office for Palpy, but even more to come underneath the wing and back! This set could shove in at least 15 figs! :wub:

Not sure that should be posted here, but it's really small anyway, so whatever.

What do you mean ''but even more too come underneath the wing and back?'' Can that top be removed? Shouldn't there be large space-consuming engines in the back? What wing? Wouldn't the 15 figs be kinda cramped up? Too many questions?

:grin:

Edited by booger540

What do you mean ''but even more too come underneath the wing and back?'' Can that top be removed? Shouldn't there be large space-consuming engines in the back? What wing? Wouldn't the 15 figs be kinda cramped up? Too many questions?

Two back wings. There're obvious exposed technic beams seen in other pictures. Since there's another whole half to the ship, I'm betting there'll be at least one tine room more in the very middle of the back or at least some space in the wings.

I am just impressed that ToyFare put this in their magazine. A question from a few years ago about the lack of LEGO on their magazine was answered with the fact that there are so many LEGO sets that come out, so they do not really cover it. I am assuming it is because the set is LEGO, and comes with some special characters.

I am really looking forward to this set. I was hoping we would get another A-Wing again. Blast you Dark Ages! BLAST YOUUUUUUUUU!

Huh, palpatine is just Tarkins face with Dooku's hair....

I like the green A-wing but will it be better than the 6207 A-wing in terms of build?The set has a few nice figures but some of the actual set design seems kinda ugly,i'm just hoping overall it has a sensible and affordable price tag especially with sets like Endor and Hoth coming out around the same time.

1.jpg

MM Calamari :tongue: Tasty

And thanks for the pics!! It's pretty damn awsome! :thumbup: All the new figs and stuff. A green A-wing :cry_happy: I missed the first two :hmpf_bad: So this one will have to do! And ISC I think your on the right track :wink:

Two back wings. There're obvious exposed technic beams seen in other pictures. Since there's another whole half to the ship, I'm betting there'll be at least one tine room more in the very middle of the back or at least some space in the wings.

The middle back might open like on the old AT-AT's back section. And I wouldn't exactly consider them wings, but sure.

The Venator interior looks very small. I don't think there'll be too much at the back either as the middle section is pincered in. Maybe some small storage space and perhaps something under the bridge section but not much else :sceptic:

This new pics of the Mon Calamari Cruiser look AWESOME!!!! :cry_happy::thumbup: .

This set is a lot better than I think it would be :thumbup: . I wished for the whole ship but this one really don´t dissapoint :tongue: . First the minifig selection is one of the best I have ever seen :cry_happy: ! Just look 5 totally new minifigs and a rare one :thumbup: , I just love that Crix Madine minifig (I was right about the minifig selection after all :tongue: ) and that new Lando and Mon Mothma are really cool. The new Ackbar is amazing and one of the minifigs that the TLC really needed to release :thumbup: and even better they also include a Mon Calalami mechanic :sweet: . I am glad that they decide to release this new A-wing in green, that was my favorite color for this ship and now it is a reality. The conference room looks very detailed and I hope they include a new DS hologram piece. The hangar looks very solid and neat designed, also it looks like the rail-crane is totally functional. Also this pic leave me with a little interrogant. What is the function of that large technic piece that overcomes from the middle of the hangar? Maybe it is a function of the set but to me it looks a lot more like something to attach another section :sweet: , maybe the new Flacon comes with some kind of little hangar bay that you can connect with this set or maybe a new set with a connectable section comes in the next wave of sets in 2010. Anyone can think on a new Impeial Shuttle :wink: .

I had a hunch it would not be the whole ship, but what I'm seeing I'm liking it very much! The new color scheme on the A wing looks very appealing :thumbup:

Finally Mon Calamaris! And other great figs! But the rest of the set looks good but I was hoping for the whole ship. I'm also happy that TLC put an office for Palpy in the Venator! I wonder what there will be in the back.

Ah man that home 1 is great, very neat concept, I guess I was picturing something like the venator or ISD with a flip open interior, but this is a very cool little playset. This one will do amazing and Lego will see that playsets sell well ( we get the bunker, little hoth set and this) so lets hope for more

The venator interior is looking kind of small- will have to wait for pics, wish the commandos had open helmets like the spartan helmets that some of them had, still look pretty cool though

If we do get this new Millenium falcon we can almost be certain it will be a an Ep.VI version with lando and Nien Numb, i would love to see one about 50% bigger then the previous one, with alot of detail like the UCS but with some great interior, would be cool if it was around $200

br()wnie

Honestly, the Mon Calamari cruiser is not as nice as I would have liked. I would have liked a bigger conference room, a new Endor Luke, and an extra pilot and Endor Trooper.

I would have liked a bigger conference room, a new Endor Luke, and an extra pilot and Endor Trooper.

I was really hoping for a new Endor Luke in this set as well... :sceptic:

But At least it includes Lando!