KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Either that or we'll just get a plain clone trooper helmet in blue and that would be the end of the story.

2 of these in the Venator plus one Palpatine...

Makes sense to me.

A blue clone trooper helmet wouldn't be bad.

It would actually be quite cool.

Either way I'm buying the venator.

Either that or we'll just get a plain clone trooper helmet in blue and that would be the end of the story.

Makes sense to me.

True, but don't forget that beak looks a little lifted off the black meaning another "black head underneath" style helmet. Also, on the subject of there being an Orange person on the Neimiodian shuttle... it's most likely Ahsoka, but why would she be on a ship with Nute Gunray? Could it possibly be part of one of the upcoming episodes?

By the way, I am now convinced that the Sep Shuttle is this:

Sheathipede_OS.jpg

It's been in the Clone Wars 5 times now, and it's a great opportunity for Lego to FINALLY make a Nute Gunray.

>pics snipped<

I dont know if it is mentioned before but dooku and his solar ship has more clear shots now.

Sorry but we've known that since mid december.

There even available on s@h.

And Darth legolas It could be ashoka but don't we think its gunray because he wears red and orange robes.

I dont know if it is mentioned before but dooku and his solar ship has more clear shots now.

Reading the first post in this topic might be a good idea.

Doesn't anyone read the topics around here? :tongue:

The first post contains links to both S@H on the released sets and links to my brickshelf folder with most of the prerelease footage we've found on each set.

It may be Ahsoka, because in one episode she was confronting Gunray on a Venator and they may be in future episodes together as well. The set may have them both, but hey, how do we know? No proof yet. :hmpf_bad:

JD

Edited by Jammiedodger714

7752-6.jpg

i dont know if it is mentioned before but dooku and his solar ship has more clear shots now.

Is that a chrome lightsaber hilt I see? Maybe TLG will start using these in the limited edition sets (they need some excuse to justify paying more money for less :tongue: ).

Thank you very much for that pic, KimT! :sweet:

From what you can see on the part of this pic the Tauntaun looks very well designed. :thumbup:

Like some others, too, I really hope that in the Echo Base set there won't be included Han - we do have him now for two times (in the 2nd version of the Millenium Falcon and in the 3rd version of the X-Wing). That's now enough! A Hoth Luke - or even much better - a Hoth captain or commander is much more needed!!! :angry:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Is that a chrome lightsaber hilt I see? Maybe TLG will start using these in the limited edition sets (they need some excuse to justify paying more money for less :tongue: ).

It´s not chrome, it´s metallic silver. All the 2009 Jedi/Sith have their lightsabers in that colour. :thumbup:

It´s not chrome, it´s metallic silver. All the 2009 Jedi/Sith have their lightsabers in that colour. :thumbup:

:sceptic:

Did you even look at the picture? :tongue:

It definetely looks chrome to me. :thumbup:

Edited by daxflame680

Thank you very much for that pic, KimT! :sweet:

From what you can see on the part of this pic the Tauntaun looks very well designed. :thumbup:

Like some others, too, I really hope that in the Echo Base set there won't be included Han - we do have him now for two times (in the 2nd version of the Millenium Falcon and in the 3rd version of the X-Wing). That's now enough! A Hoth Luke - or even much better - a Hoth captain or commander is much more needed!!! :angry:

Klaus-Dieter

I totally agree with you Klaus Dieter. I think the TLC is going throught the easy way here giving us another Hoth Han :angry::thumbdown: . A totally new Hoth Luke would be perfect but maybe a bit too much for the TLC to include the new Taun Taun mold and new look in it (But it was still possible :cry_sad: ). So the other perfect option would be a Hoth Rebel Commander like you said. We really need some kind of commander for the troops not just Han, Leia and Luke again and again :hmpf_bad: . So this is a bit dissapointing I need to said, but still having a new Taun Taun is awesome. Now we just need to wait that the TLC decide that the UCS style set for 2009 will be a Jabba Palace like the new 10188 with a new brick-build Rancor with a molded head and I will be happy :laugh: (Especially if the Rancor have a empty belly so he can eat all those poor Gamorrean Guards :grin: )

Yes, of course I did ( :tongue: ), but the pic we got of for example the Chrome Darth Vader looked like it had a chrome hilt too, but it turned out to be metallic silver.

Of course I can have wrong, it would be typical TLG to put a chrome hilt in that set because they already have made it in that colour, but I still think it´s metallic silver.

Sorry but we've known that since mid december.

There even available on s@h.

And Darth legolas It could be ashoka but don't we think its gunray because he wears red and orange robes.

Another person who needs to read my sig? :tongue: Oh well, Gunray wears a million different things, but his skin is green. Plus, is he's the orenge one, than who is the green one?

It'd be cool to have Onacadda Farr from Rodia, plus Lego already has a rodian head (greedo,) but I'm not too sure. :tongue: Kit Fisto.... maybe?

I am pretty sure this isn't the custom tauntaun that I mistook it for earlier.

Pretty sure? Is that good enough? :tongue:

And the rifle is LEGO's version.

Yes, I think so too, but that doesn't make the Taun-Taun official, too.

In short: "This is the real deal" - trust me :grin:

To my knowledge the Echo base (overgrown battlepack) can't be added to the Hoth Rebel Base set.

It's an addition in the shape of figs and a snowy trench.

If you're wrong, can we whack you? How do you know for sure? Anything else that you want to tell us about the summer sets? :grin:

Makes sense to me.

Yeah, if TLG made another new mold, it would probably cost us even more.

By the way, I am now convinced that the Sep Shuttle is this:

Sheathipede_OS.jpg

It's been in the Clone Wars 5 times now, and it's a great opportunity for Lego to FINALLY make a Nute Gunray.

I agree. I sure hope that this is the "shuttle". :wub:

Yes, of course I did ( :tongue: ), but the pic we got of for example the Chrome Darth Vader looked like it had a chrome hilt too, but it turned out to be metallic silver.

Of course I can have wrong, it would be typical TLG to put a chrome hilt in that set because they already have made it in that colour, but I still think it´s metallic silver.

They always have included chrome hilts in limited sets. Hopefully they always will. I'm pretty sure that's a chrome hilt, especially considering that this set is limited edition. Vader's TIE didn't have a chrome hilt (although metallic and chrome look very similar :thumbup:) because it wasn't a limited set, just anniversary. As for Ahsoka's JSF, I'm not sure, but it might not be limited. At least, that's my theory...

Edited by JimButcher

If you're wrong, can we whack you? How do you know for sure? Anything else that you want to tell us about the summer sets? :grin:

Sure you can.

And since I am right, what may I do to you?

As for the rest of the sets (summer sets) you'll just have to wait until...well...until more news surface.

I hope those senate commandos are in a fairly cheap set :sceptic: Because if the set os too expensive I can't get it, (even if the figs are awsome :wub: )

Also I am really getting excited about this echo base supposed BP :cry_happy: All those rebels, taun-tauns and snowies :wub:

Now if only we could see some pics if this SUPPOSED taun taun :grin::tongue:

I hope those senate commandos are in a fairly cheap set :sceptic: Because if the set os too expensive I can't get it, (even if the figs are awsome :wub: )

Also I am really getting excited about this echo base supposed BP :cry_happy: All those rebels, taun-tauns and snowies :wub:

Now if only we could see some pics if this SUPPOSED taun taun :grin::tongue:

As for the pic, here you go:

:tongue:

The senate commandos are rumored to be in the Venator set.

So no small set for you this time.

Sure you can.

And since I am right, what may I do to you?

As for the rest of the sets (summer sets) you'll just have to wait until...well...until more news surface.

Hm, it's your call if you're right (although you could be wrong). You can't do anything until we have some proof, though. :tongue:

But looking at the pic again and again only makes it look less unofficial every time. The beak and head are way to smooth and realistic for Lego- I would imagine that Lego, to make the Taun-Taun inexpensive for both themselves and customers, would make the head would look a lot like the custom(s) that we've seen, or even similar to the Lego horse. And, the horns look like a new mold- Lego would probably just use tan fang pieces (which is fine).

I feel like I'm an attorney in court, presenting evidence...

Edited by JimButcher

As for the pic, here you go:

:tongue:

The senate commandos are rumored to be in the Venator set.

So no small set for you this time.

Ahh why thanks you KimT :tongue:

Aww, no small set for me :cry_sad:

Hm, it's your call if you're right (although you could be wrong). You can't do anything until we have some proof, though.

But looking at the pic again and again only makes it look less unofficial every time. The beak and head are way to smooth and realistic for Lego- I would imagine that Lego, to make the Taun-Taun inexpensive for both themselves and customers, would make the head would look a lot like the custom(s) that we've seen, or even similar to the Lego horse. And, the horns look like a new mold- Lego would probably just use tan fang pieces (which is fine).

Or like an annoying silly poo-face on EB trying to ruin every one's fun :tongue::grin:

Seriously, need to be more optomistic, You to believe Jim, believe believe believe

Ahh why thanks you KimT :tongue:

Aww, no small set for me :cry_sad:

Or like an annoying silly poo-face on EB trying to ruin every one's fun :tongue::grin:

Seriously, need to be more optomistic, You to believe Jim, believe believe believe

I'm not so sure. There's definitely a 50/50 chance here. We don't even know who the guy was that posted the pic, and we don't know how he got it. I was expecting something a LOT like the custom we saw a few days ago, but this looks like it could be something Lego would do too. I see a common horse saddle where the gun is being held, and also here's a though:

What if the Taun-Taun is something like the Dino101/Dino Attack series creatures? It looks sort of like the beak and the top of the head is on a hinge and design like that. That wouldn't be too bad.

I cant wait to see pics. It just makes me wonder what the figs and ships will look like. I personally think the picture that KimT has given us is right on. The tauntaun looks exactly like something lego would do with the beak looking head. But who knows. If this is real it could change because this is definatly at least a pre lim pic.

I cant wait to see pics. It just makes me wonder what the figs and ships will look like. I personally think the picture that KimT has given us is right on. The tauntaun looks exactly like something lego would do with the beak looking head. But who knows. If this is real it could change because this is definatly at least a pre lim pic.

With new molds that you see in prelim pics its usually what you get in the final version.

With new molds that you see in prelim pics its usually what you get in the final version.

Yes. But not always. But I guess we will find out.

then how do you explain the new cows?