KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Maybe they could use the agents mobile command front window.

It might work...

Sorry, I don't think it'll work, it's too blocky. The shuttle sort of has a smooth surface. However they may use a classic space mirror that was light green.

Edited by ROCON

What is all this chatter about no Padme? Does no one remember the dreadful figure some of us were able tog et back in '99? :tongue:

sw025.jpg

Yeah, we need a new one :grin:

If I ever get minifigs (for example Ahsoka, guess that's the only one..) I don't like (not cause of their design or something, just the one from the series) I lock them up in my jail or feed 'em to Meltrox, my (power-miner) monster! (Boulderax and the others already had their energy crystals for today, but Meltrox deserves a bit more for his hard work!)

I don't care about Padme, I don't have one - but I don't really need one. A new Jar Jar would be funny though. I'm affraid there will only be like 2 pirates in the pirate tank - impossible to recreate EP 11/12 with! Also, the leader (Ohnuka I thought? I forgot..) would also be needed! A Jawa would be nice, too. Then I have four Jawa's who can rule! ("rule" the Sandcrawler..)

I wonder when the new pics will appear..

Edited by General Magma

If I ever get minifigs (for example Ahsoka, guess that's the only one..) I don't like (not cause of their design or something, just the one from the series) I lock them up in my jail or feed 'em to Meltrox, my (power-miner) monster! (Boulderax and the others already had their energy crystals for today, but Meltrox deserves a bit more for his hard work!)

I don't care about Padme, I don't have one - but I don't really need one. A new Jar Jar would be funny though. I'm affraid there will only be like 2 pirates in the pirate tank - impossible to recreate EP 11/12 with! Also, the leader (Ohnuka I thought? I forgot..) would also be needed! A Jawa would be nice, too. Then I have four Jawa's who can rule! ("rule" the Sandcrawler..)

I wonder when the new pics will appear..

I agree on everything(that means literally everything) you said.

I think new pic are expected at the toy fair or just before.

This?

62694.jpg

Definitely possible, but I have a good feeling what it may be...

magnaguard013.jpg

This! From the magnaguard starfighter. It fits perfectly with the first variant, and third variant. Not the second variant though. By the way, here's a list of variants:

1. Regular: Sheathipede_OS.jpg

2. Automated: Neimoidianshuttle_negvv.jpg

3. Armed. (Gray with weirdo awesome symbol, the one Lego's making.) Third_Sheathipede_variant.jpg

This?

Definitely possible, but I have a good feeling what it may be...

This! From the magnaguard starfighter. It fits perfectly with the first variant, and third variant. Not the second variant though. By the way, here's a list of variants:

1. Regular:

2. Automated:

3. Armed. (Gray with weirdo awesome symbol, the one Lego's making.)

Definitely closer than the horrible agents window. If they use the magnaguard one, I would rather be disappointed: first, it should be very round, and second, it would be way smaller than our expectations. I'm always willing to pay more for quality. 30 euros does not sound very promising a set (in terms of size).

Definitely closer than the horrible agents window. If they use the magnaguard one, I would rather be disappointed: first, it should be very round, and second, it would be way smaller than our expectations. I'm always willing to pay more for quality. 30 euros does not sound very promising a set (in terms of size).

Well, I know a lot of people would like to see a bigger set, but I'd like a nice, not exactly to scale, but $30 ship, with all of the features, and a big enough cockpit for two. I'd like to have a cheaper set with Nute Gunray as well, and people charge $30 for a Greedo fig, and now we can get another Greedo-species head in a fairly common set. As long as the ship looks normal, has the four leg thingies, matches the ship in the series, and has interior, I'll be fine. Plus, this is the only thing close to a "Separatist Starfighter," which I've been dying for. :thumbup:

Edited by Darth Legolas

Erhm...have you guys considered this:

8036 Separatists Shuttle â„¢

Pieces: 259

Price: 37 EUR / ? USD / ? GBP

Minifigs: ?

Release: Summer 2009

That's not a lot.

Sadly I doubt there's even going to be a cockpit window.

Just look at the piece count for the Magna Guard to compare:

7673 Magna Guard Fighter

Release date: July 26th

Price: 44.99 USD / 45.99 EURO

Minifigs: 2 (Magna Guards x2)

Pieces: 431

Edit: Hey that Magna Guard Fighter is mine :grin:

I guess this one, in dark bluish grey, like the one on 8018 AAT.

x224.gif

CopMike

Have You tried either of those links from the first post in this topic?

:hmpf:

Sometimes reading the first post will keep you of trouble

Apologies....I saw the pic and got excited. :blush:

:oh3: I found KimT's Bshelf! :tongue: There might not be a cockpit? Oh well, I was looking forward to getting that MGSF piece... I know it will be a smalls set, around the the size of all the pieces of Ahsoka's starfightrer moshed to gether, unless it's chock full of big pieces. I hope it has plenty of features though, possibly a lever or a button, or a knob you twist and all four legs fold in at once?

Also, now that I hear the Venator is less than ISD scale it has me wondering... could it have any interior at all? It'd be scary if it didn't. Unless it was full of mini's, like a hatch to release a load of minigunships and that coll-looking Republic Consular Craft. But what I'm really hoping for in the Venator is this:

1. Two semi out-of-scale huge versions of the two big rectangle thingies at the top, hopefully, they will be wide enough to fit a couple, maybe 3 minifigures sitting down in a row, and windows for them to look out.

2. Something that actually LOOKS like a Venator, long in the front, short in the back, and the same number of rockets.

3. More-than-1 piece-spinning gunning turrets on the sides. Hopefully 3-4 on each side.

4. Possibly a feature for the big red stripe down the center to slide open?

5. INTERIOR! A bunch of controls panels and chairs and whatnot, and I'll buy a couple of Imperial officer outfits and put my Clones wearing them.

6. New pieces!

7. Last but not at all least, a little desk for Palpy and maybe a spinny chair, with the two senate commando/guards behind him.

Now TLG, I'm just asking for enough space for 5-7 Minifigs, and it doesn't even have to look pretty on the inside! I Really don't want a huge ship, just enough room for more then one Minifig!!! And, I'm also not asking for the slidey-feature, but at least any easy way to open up the front and see inside. Also, the enlarged top rectangles aren't necessary, but they should at least be 1 1/2 bricks high, and 15 bricks long!

Darth Legolas I agree with just about all your hopes for the Venator, since the word has come out that it may be smaller then the ISD. I seriously hope there will be some sort of interior, a bridge would be nice but it seems unlikely, I would imagine there will be a small somewhat out of scale section that will hold one "pilot" each, which be better then nothing I guess but not great. I would also like some sort of control area with maybe something like the "control room" On the echo base 7666. Also maybe some sort of Hologram table that is seen in the Clone Wars series often would be good to, this could all fit into the somewhat small interior of a Venator, I just beg of you, please, not another escape pod :hmpf: Hopefully they will develop a way to get an interior without making the set to fragile.

Darth Legolas I agree with just about all your hopes for the Venator, since the word has come out that it may be smaller then the ISD. I seriously hope there will be some sort of interior, a bridge would be nice but it seems unlikely, I would imagine there will be a small somewhat out of scale section that will hold one "pilot" each, which be better then nothing I guess but not great. I would also like some sort of control area with maybe something like the "control room" On the echo base 7666. Also maybe some sort of Hologram table that is seen in the Clone Wars series often would be good to, this could all fit into the somewhat small interior of a Venator, I just beg of you, please, not another escape pod :hmpf: Hopefully they will develop a way to get an interior without making the set to fragile.

I bet we'll be getting an escape pod. :sadnew: If we do, I hope at least it will be the kind of escape pod that comes from the venator, with the four jets and what looks like a TIE front. It'd actually be quite interesting if they use the smaller, round TIE-like piece from the Episode III JSF (Eta-2), and mix it with there current escape pod design, like on the Twilight and the RAG. It'd be waay to small for scale, but still would look good in my opinion... unless it turned out to be a space hogging load of junk, which would wip all hopes of interior minus two pilot seats, but if there was still room for a small control room with Palpy and the Senate guards, it'd be amazing.

Now, I know the phrase "bridge" is often used when regarding Venators and other big ships, like The Invisible Hand, but can someone please explain what exactly it is? :tongue:

I'm hoping for a good Venator, and it would really be a shame if it were smaller then the RAG. I'm hoping for it to be $130 USD, but definitely no more than that!

EDIT: Actually, I would pay $140 for it, as long as it had everything in the list mentioned above, and a good size for pieces! (And hopefully, besides Palpy and the Senate Guards, some different figs. Two measly Clones? That's what I would call a rip off, unless they had Officer Outfits.

Edited by Darth Legolas

I just thought of something: If TLC eventually releases a Slave I/Cloud City set, as listed in the TRU poll, they very well might downsize it, like the Tie Advanced in the Death Star, or the rumored Falcon. If they do downsixe it, the Magnaguard Starfighter windsheild would fit the scale perfectly.

Just a thought.

Actually if they made an escape pod like that instead of that normal shell that they used in the ISD and latest non UCS Millennium Falcon, I suppose even if they did do that I could at least MOD it but let's face it, it would be ten times better if they did that. I think the most I would pay for one would be $130, but it would have to have a lot of good features.

Here is the official definition for bridge by the way

A raised transverse platform from which a power vessel is navigated: often includes a pilot house and a chart house.

Hopefully the detail on the outside would be pretty good but not to good to take away from the interior.

I just thought of something: If TLC eventually releases a Slave I/Cloud City set, as listed in the TRU poll, they very well might downsize it, like the Tie Advanced in the Death Star, or the rumored Falcon. If they do downsixe it, the Magnaguard Starfighter windsheild would fit the scale perfectly.

Just a thought.

And a good one too! Originally, when the first pics came out I thought that Magnaguard windshield was a downsized Slave I piece. But, it definitely a good call.

@MatteoKenobi: I agree with you indeed, but if the set's so bad I could just MOC it, then I'll just buy Palpy and the Guards, and use my mini forever. I'm really hoping they'll be smart on this one, and not make themselves lose a lot of money.

HERE ME TLG!!! HERE ME! :tongue:

Darth Legolas sure has high hopes for the Venaotr. I'm afraid you may be disappointed (We all, actually). Perhaps the less expensive Home One cruiser can make up for the lackings of the Venator. (It's supposed to be twice the size of an ISD, but Lego doesn't carea bout that, apparently). And as for the mechanism mentioned, with the legs folding at once, that's way complicated even for a higher priced set. They may have just one good feature. If it's 30 euros, then it must be REALLY tiny. That might be about 20 USD, although according to the piececount, 30 dollars is more likely. It had better not disappoint me with the lack of interior space!

Just a thought.

What TRU poll are you talking about?

What TRU poll are you talking about?

You missed it, there was a poll on three sets, Mon Cal Cruiser, the Arrest Of Palpy, and Slave I and landing platform.

@Motti: I expect to be disappointed, so the best feature that the Venator could have is to be 100% modifiable! :tongue: And as for the gear feature, I think it can be done, it's been done before in all of the BIONICLE Vehicles in 2008.

Separatist Shuttle.

A classic neimoidian shuttle in gray and blue. Comes with 3 BD, nute Gunray and that guy with Greedo's face from the CW serial. The ruler of that planet.... ) Can't remember the name now. :thumbup:

Venator.

Indeed, only 5 minis. Palpatine, 2 senate commandos and two clones. :sceptic:

Tank Droid.

All dark gray, with 2 jet troopers. Looks to small and short.... hm, hope it'll be revised.... :hmpf_bad:

Endor.

The bunker. Smaller version of AT-ST (looks awesome!). 2 ewoks, 2 scout troopers, Han, Leia, death Star trooper. Will be a limited edition, exclusive set. :classic:

Many thanks The Penguin for the news :sweet: . I was from vacations the whole week and I don´t carried my laptop with me so I just found this news and I will comment in every set :laugh: :

Separatist Shuttle: So far sounds like one of the best sets including the Endor and Home One sets to be incredible minifig-wise :cry_happy: . The BD are common but a new Nute Gunray and Oncconda minifigs sound awesome :thumbup: . Nute Gunray is a minifig that could perfectly fit in both CW and common style something about I am very happy and having a senate guy minifig is awesome especially if he is of an strange specie :cry_happy: .

Venator: This set sounds a little bit dissapointing in all the ways :sceptic: . First that it is supposed to be smaller than the ISD which is dissapointing considering that this ship is a lot more difficult to get by its shape. I doubt it would include something really cool as interior and minifig-wise it is :sick: . I know having a new Palpy is great but owning the CW styled first is really wrong :angry: . The Senate Commandos sound a look :grin: cool (At least in the comic) but they aren´t all that awesome. To end just two more generic clones? C´mon that sounds horrible :hmpf: .

Tank Droid: Sounds like a very cool little set and minifig-wise is good but not great :sadnew: . Two new troopers are great but I would prefer something different.

Endor: MAGNIFICENT :tongue: , just magnificent. Sounds great in all the ways. Great to have a bunker and a smaller AT-ST. The minifigs sound great and having some new ones is great. Apparently new ewoks, new Endor troops and some cool Han and Leia in different outfits are always welcome.

I will wait for info and pics to make a whole jugment but so far the sets sound great apart form the Venator :sadnew::tongue::laugh: .

Well, gentlemen! ) Today i managed to have a look at the new Trade Catalogue of 2009! )

So, what can I say? )

The sets are awesome! ) :thumbup:

Separatist Shuttle.

A classic neimoidian shuttle in gray and blue. Comes with 3 BD, nute Gunray and that guy with Greedo's face from the CW serial. The ruler of that planet.... ) Can't remember the name now. :thumbup:

Venator.

Indeed, only 5 minis. Palpatine, 2 senate commandos and two clones. :sceptic:

Tank Droid.

All dark gray, with 2 jet troopers. Looks to small and short.... hm, hope it'll be revised.... :hmpf_bad:

Endor.

The bunker. Smaller version of AT-ST (looks awesome!). 2 ewoks, 2 scout troopers, Han, Leia, death Star trooper. Will be a limited edition, exclusive set. :classic:

Any questions, while I still remember? ) :laugh:

One thing just doesn't add up to me...

Exclusive sets are not in trade Catalogue...

:wacko: