KimT

LEGO Star Wars 2009 Sets and Rumours

Hey guys, I don't know if many saw my past post about the new untold September set, (Crossing my fingers for Boba Fett's Slave I UCS!) and I also don't know if this is jumping ahead. But here we go! I was reading my Star Wars Insider (#109 for people looking to buy. They sell in many comic book stores. *Hint *Hint the one with Darth Maul (Or Qui-Gon for special edition) on the cover.) in further depth because it had an article on the new Lego 10th Anniversary sets. It came out last month, but I have not had much time because of my hectic schedule. This is what is said about further on in 2010.

"And what about the future? The LEGO Star Wars team wasn't giving any clues but did concede they were aware that 2010 is the 3oth anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back. So who knows? Maybe there's another tauntaun coming our way!"

That was copied straight out of page 81 of the magazine. And by the way, it said that the Home One Mon Calamari Star Crusier was selling for $109.99 in the U.S. It will be released in August.

And back to the untold September set, I will put another quote from the magazine to desipher. (Sorry if it is against the rules to post the same things twice, I think not many people heard this, please forgive me if I have done something wrong.)

"The fifth and final set is still clouded in mystery. LEGO Ambassadors were contacted in January 2008 with a request for fan imput into a second fans' choice. The LEGO company plans to reveal the identity of this new set-which undoubtedly will be as exciting and iconic as the rest of the line-in August, 2009 prior to its retail release in September."

Good day to all of you and thank you for reading!

:devil: alexrider7 :devil:

I hope we do see quite a few ESB sets next year! But this year was the tenth anniversary of TPM and we didnt get any episode 1 sets :sceptic:

But this year was the tenth anniversary of TPM and we didnt get any episode 1 sets
Really? I din't know this year was the tenth anniversary of The Power Miners :tongue:

I hope we do see quite a few ESB sets next year! But this year was the tenth anniversary of TPM and we didnt get any episode 1 sets :sceptic:

I have an explenation. Look at the sets this year: OT 10th Anniversary sets, and Clone Wars sets. No episode I, II, and III. I think they've basically dropped those sets and moved on to The Clone Wars. ESB is part of the OT, so I think there will be something along the lines of that. :classic:

I have an explenation. Look at the sets this year: OT 10th Anniversary sets, and Clone Wars sets. No episode I, II, and III. I think they've basically dropped those sets and moved on to The Clone Wars. ESB is part of the OT, so I think there will be something along the lines of that. :classic:

I'm not saying you're wrong but since the Clone Wars take place between episode II and III, all CW sets that come out can be considered from the same era. The difference will be in the minifigures, that really decides whether it's CW (from the animated series The Clone Wars). For instance the AT-OT and Dropship is really a episode II/III set. If Count Dooku's Solar Sailer would not have included a CW Dooku it would classify as episode II. I'm just saying there is a thin line.

Xwingyoda over at BrickHorizon has started a Venator review with pics of the new figs already up and couple of pics of the new 6X6 tile :cry_happy:

img_7362.jpg

Yipee!

[rushes off to check the review]

Thanks for sharing and I am not sure I like that 6x6 tile :sceptic:

Yipee!

[rushes off to check the review]

Thanks for sharing and I am not sure I like that 6x6 tile :sceptic:

I'm kind of with you on that. It seems it will be a bit superfluous for MOCing, and it also looks like the type of part that would lose grip after a while. :sceptic:

"The fifth and final set is still clouded in mystery. LEGO Ambassadors were contacted in January 2008 with a request for fan imput into a second fans' choice. The LEGO company plans to reveal the identity of this new set-which undoubtedly will be as exciting and iconic as the rest of the line-in August, 2009 prior to its retail release in September."

Now that I read the quote again, a Cloud City playset is seeming more realistic.

Thanks for the information, Mutely. :classic: (And Yoda for the review). To me, the new 6x6 tiles will be useful for MOCing, especially with SNOTing large areas. I wonder why it doesn't have the stud bottoms completely covering underneath and only a 2x2 connector?

I don't care for the 6x6 tile either, mostly because it just says "cheap." :sceptic:

Now that I read the quote again, a Cloud City playset is seeming more realistic.

Thanks for the information, Mutely. :classic: (And Yoda for the review). To me, the new 6x6 tiles will be useful for MOCing, especially with SNOTing large areas. I wonder why it doesn't have the stud bottoms completely covering underneath and only a 2x2 connector?

Thats what I wondered. Its probably so it will be easier to remove, but as I said earlier I hope that won't reduce gripping power. Oh, and tiling isn't SNOT. :wink:

Xwingyoda over at BrickHorizon has started a Venator review with pics of the new figs already up and couple of pics of the new 6X6 tile :cry_happy:

img_7362.jpg

That doesnt look lego-y at all

Hmm... the only thing that big gray tile could be used for it a giant rode. Thoguh they already have the dark bley tile for that. oh well, I don't care. As long as the set has more than 1,000 pieces, and the fact that I'll be able ot get it at the rate I'm going after I buy the AT-OT and Dropship, it's A-Okay with me! :tongue:

Those Senate Commandos are stunning - its no joke to say i'm getting the Venator primarily for them - and then its off to bricklink to make a legion of them!

The helmet looks superb - should be able to moc a Senate Guard from this chappie

Hey guys, I don't know if many saw my past post about the new untold September set, (Crossing my fingers for Boba Fett's Slave I UCS!) and I also don't know if this is jumping ahead. But here we go! I was reading my Star Wars Insider (#109 for people looking to buy. They sell in many comic book stores. *Hint *Hint the one with Darth Maul (Or Qui-Gon for special edition) on the cover.) in further depth because it had an article on the new Lego 10th Anniversary sets. It came out last month, but I have not had much time because of my hectic schedule. This is what is said about further on in 2010.

"And what about the future? The LEGO Star Wars team wasn't giving any clues but did concede they were aware that 2010 is the 3oth anniversary of The Empire Strikes Back. So who knows? Maybe there's another tauntaun coming our way!"

That was copied straight out of page 81 of the magazine. And by the way, it said that the Home One Mon Calamari Star Crusier was selling for $109.99 in the U.S. It will be released in August.

And back to the untold September set, I will put another quote from the magazine to desipher. (Sorry if it is against the rules to post the same things twice, I think not many people heard this, please forgive me if I have done something wrong.)

Good day to all of you and thank you for reading!

I was about to post this :classic: I cant wait to see it!

Wow looks like we have a lot to look forward to, thanks a lot for the news, very excited now!

"The fifth and final set is still clouded in mystery.
"Clouded in mystery"...

Can it really be that obvios this will be something with Cloud City?

Maybe the Twin Pod Cloud Car in UCS?

I would love one of those :tongue:

-Ras-

"Clouded in mystery"...

Can it really be that obvios this will be something with Cloud City?

Maybe the Twin Pod Cloud Car in UCS?

Yes, I think this could be a remake/upgrade of the old cloud city set; which I wouldnt mind since I missed out on that. Or they could pick just one of the many scenes from this set.

Any news on the Tantive IV?! So looking forward to that one :cry_happy:

Any news on the Tantive IV?! So looking forward to that one :cry_happy:

No yet, hopefully this will be confirmed within long, so that I can start saving up money for it :cry_sad:

So when is the next toy show?, maybe we will find out then or just before it.

So when is the next toy show?, maybe we will find out then or just before it.

Isn't there one mid June in the US?

I can't remember the name BrickFair, ToyFair - something like that.

It's in the Event Forum.

It's the same event where they revealed the 10188 Death Star last year, so we could hope for Tantive IV and the "clouded set" :wub:

I don't know mate, still new to all this lego stuff, the only thing i know of next month in the USA is the best time of year, E3.

I don't know mate, still new to all this lego stuff, the only thing i know of next month in the USA is the best time of year, E3.

It's the 18-21st of June BrickWorld link

I don't know mate, still new to all this lego stuff *znip*
You are new?

Sure compared to me or Kim.

But you made 550 + posts :wink:

And I posted several times about BrickWorld.

And I´m pretty sure you where right there then :grin:

My post was 3709 about this, and you posted some 72 posts later, and 42 posts befor me again :wacko:

Don´t you read all posts here since your last visit all the time? :tongue:

-Ras-

You are new?

Sure compared to me or Kim.

But you made 550 + posts :wink:

And I posted several times about BrickWorld.

And I´m pretty sure you where right there then :grin:

My post was 3709 about this, and you posted some 72 posts later, and 42 posts befor me again :wacko:

Don´t you read all posts here since your last visit all the time? :tongue:

-Ras-

Yes, i only started collection as an adult after the release of the force unleashed last year.

Yeah i have lots of posts, because i have a big mouth.

Nope, i only read what interests me, mostly star wars and media, i never read the events, im an Aussie, all the events are else where in the world, and if there was anything here, it would be down south.