Lars

MOC: Lukes Landspeeder

Holy cow. That is amazing. I absolutly love it. If you dont mind Id like to have this design as one of my own. Its stunning.

At first glance this is the best landspeeder I have ever seen, on second glance...ya still the best land speeder I have every seen! :cry_happy: Really great and creative when it comes to parts, well done!

That's a great landspeeder! It's so smooth and detailed. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for all the comments and compliments. Much appreciated.

I don't have instructions, but there is a breakdown pic that shows some of the little secrets of this MOC. Click on the image and you can find the pic on

Flickr with some notes to help you understand the pic better.

3148251449_5fea24e72c.jpg

This landspeeder did turn out a lot better than I would've thought myself. And I learned a good lesson in the process.

A lot of lego landspeeder MOC:s, and even the official ones, seems to have been built around the best solution for the characteristic grill pattern.

When concentrating more on the sleekness and detail in shape the grill wasn't that important for the overall recognition of the original vehicle.

And the main reason that I, in this case felt free to build it any way I wanted, was that the speeder was going to be a sled pulled by reindeer.

3119749367_2e46c3517e_m.jpg

By not focusing entirely on how to build the most accurate landspeeder I think I came a lot closer than I would've done otherwise.

For me making LEGO depictions of things from Star Wars is all about my own interpretation. Lego with it's limitations in what shape and color is

achievable with the bricks at hand, presents the challenge that is the joy of doing it at all. Therefor it is important not to limit yourself more than necesary when you start building.

In this MOC the color scheme isn't exactly from the movie, but still a sort of creative way of capturing the essence of the original.

When it comes to Star Wars I really don't belive in the philosofy of very strict rules about color and symentry common among the online Lego community.

If the original vehicle looks a certain color it is actually made of every nuans available. And with heave battle damage on top of that.

I thik the best way to go about it is to pay less attention to color accuracy when building and than take a step back and look at the result.

Knowing that the color you've used have the same name as the prominent color of the original doesn't help you if it doesn't look right. :classic:

IMHO some useful thoughts on building style and color scheme.

Edited by Lars

I built this landspeeder as a part of one of my entries in last years FBTB Christmasification Contest. And since Christmas is long gone I'll show you the landsppeder without all the Gungan reindeers and presents and stuff. (You can find those pics at my Flickr)

Wow :oh3: , well done Lars!

Ralph

Love the sleek design of your landspeeder. you certainly had a very different approach to building it, but it worked out beautifully. Love the jar-jar reindeers too! lol.

Love the sleek design of your landspeeder. you certainly had a very different approach to building it, but it worked out beautifully. Love the jar-jar reindeers too! lol.

I like the diffrent approach :classic:

I think it worked well :thumbup:

I really like the design of your Landspeeder!

I just wish there would come some great macaroni pieces to make a better minifig

accurate scale in a near future.

I also used that windscreen to my "old" Landspeeder. Looks really great.

-Ras-

It is minifig friendly right?

It's built for minifigs, but more to scale with the original vehicle than minifig scale I guess.

I've uploaded a new pic with Luke behind the wheel. I've done some minor updates to the design as well. See if you can spot them. ( and do tell me if you think it was better before.)

3274420668_d97b3a191d.jpg

I can spot a few differences, one upp front where there now is a flat tile instead of a sloaped curved sort of thing, and one att the left side of the center mounted engine where there used to be some sort of hinge, there is now flat with some detailing, exuse my bad english if you dont understand what i mean :laugh:

I cant tell wich way is better because it is freaking amazing both ways :wub:

Edited by mrb18

Another awesome piece of work lars.

Thanks for sharing it with us.

I've added it to the index.

If this Landspeeder was in the Mos Eisely set it would definately justify it's market value today! :laugh:

Just an awesome design!!