Sign in to follow this  
Dreamweb

Custom Spanish army

I once wrote in this topic that I'd made a Spanish army.

Here is a folder containing pictures of it, go check it out first!

I used torsos from many different themes and some cool looking faces. I used three types of hats:

spaniards7.jpg

(those torsos represent ordinary seamen, other torsos represent higher ranks, and guys with plumes are the captains).

I'm not sure if there were female officers among Spanish sailors, I doubt it, however my army has one: :)

spaniards4.jpg

The army isn't very big but will grow stronger (and pretty soon will that happen)...

Some nice figures here!

I like your regular seamen, the green waistcoat torso works really well to give them that ordinary look.

I love your (asummed) generals - http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery....y.cgi?i=1438429

I think it is the face that does it, but the fancy torsos and conquistador helms both work well too to give them a really Spanish look! ;)

Jon.

Well, those two, as Imperial Armada collectors know, are almost original Armada figures, the only exception being the addition of the epaulettes. So they aren't my idea. However the other officers are made of more freely mixed elements.

What is the black torso you use for one of the high commander guys? The one in the picture with the female?

I can't tell from the picture.

Interesting...Ithink fleshing out the fright knight torso would be the best though comparably brickspensive to Lego's.

God Bless,

Nathan

Some of this torsos are of origin unknown to me, probably from Castle, but I'm not sure... I just got them in brick packs I bought from various people. Is there a Fright Knight torso here? :)

Some of this torsos are of origin unknown to me, probably from Castle, but I'm not sure... I just got them in brick packs I bought from various people. Is there a Fright Knight torso here? :)

The one on the left in this shot is a fright knight...one of the very few things to come out of that sub-theme.

God Bless,

Nathan

Thanks for the information. What about the one with the bull on his chest? I used it because I thought it would fit a Spaniard nicely (Spain -> corrida -> bulls).

Which sub-theme was the mini-figure with the bull on its torso? Once I know that I'll be able to easily find it.

As I said I have no idea, I just got it in a big bag of various parts. However it's safe to assume that it's from Castle theme on which I'm no expert.

Dammit! Aside from looking through all the Castle mini-figures I don't think I'm going to find his image without more specific information. Ah well...