Sign in to follow this  
Darkness Falls

Clues: Paradise Lost

"He loved life. But when he got news of his wife's death a few months back, he became gloomy and isolated himself. When he came down for events he almost seemed jumpy." the Doorman says.

Sorry aboud double posting. Seriously, where is Darkness Falls! If he does not come back soon we will have to lock this.

Sorry about thatm but you haven't given any commands.

"Good idea," Says Fay. "We should give the other locations more thought. Any luck with that puzzle, anyone? No? Alright then, where to next?"

OK. Then lets get on to the hotel. Fay seems to be maneuvering us that-a-way

Steve

"I'm not trying to guide anyone," Says Fay. "Maybe they're up there, maybe they're not. Besides, there could still be Clues in this area. But if you insist..."

Inside the Hotel:

There is a small waiting area and a reception desk. There is a woman behind the desk.

Directed to the desk attendant,

Greeting miss (or Mrs. if she has the proper ring). In an effort to solve the terrible crime we would like to take a look at Mr. Spindle's room. Where is it and may we get the key?

"You know..." Fay says. "It is kind of strange that Spindle's Suite is room 001. Usually, Hotels start with one on the base floor ad the higher numbers are higher up. Prehaps..."

She trails off as your party reaches the door. "Well, here it is." She states.

Spindle

"Nothing specail here." Fay remarks. "A letter from a fan about how lovely he is and... Hello... whats this?"

She picks up the other letter and reads it aloud. It is a computer printout and has a code written on it:

"W3 r wA+ch!Ng u. d0n"+ +Rwhy +0 g3+ 0n+ 0f +H!z.

L!Z+ +h3s3:

hfsa iioh dlnc eeyt"

"Can you guys make out any of this?" Fay asks. "It seems to be some type of leet-typing. But those four words on the obttom look familiar..."

I can't make out the last part, but I think the first part says:

"We are watching you. Don't try to get out of this.

List these."

At least I think that's what it says, but we should probably have a more expert leet speeker go over it.

"That would appear to be what it says." Athos says.

"He's right." Fay agrees. "But those four words at the bottom remind me of the paper we found before. Perhaps if we solve the first we'll learn how to solve this one."

You calling me a leet speaker? :P

I wonder if Spindle had a license to kill, and that's why his room number is a double-0?

Steve

Well, if you take the first letter from each word, it makes the word 'hide'. But I highly doubt that has anything to do with it.