Andrex

Star Wars Battlefront 3 Footage

Since Free Radical went down, there has been quite a bit of leaked information considering the various games they were working on. Here is some [in my opinion delicious] footage of Battlefront 3:

http://kotaku.com/5131846/leaked-star-wars...ameplay-footage

I hope that Rebellion does revive this excellent looking title. It certainly seems to go back to its roots, with even better looking vehicle maps [Rogue Squadron style!] and lots of places to duke it out in.

Certainly an anticipated title on my radar, especially since it's bound to have some excellent online features. How could Lucasarts let this title slip away so easily?!

-- Andrex

Thanks Andrex, I hope that LucasArts continues to fuel up this game and is it me, or was that ARC alpha against a jedi? And Clones without helmet?

That looks AWESOME. :cry_happy: It looks much more story-driven than the last two. Still hope we can have generic battles...

I have to agree. That looks most impressive. I love the new cutscenes, it appears that they are animated separately, not using animations from the game engine. Also, it looks like we will have hero ships as well. (I wonder if that means they will still use Grievous's Ship as the CIS Bomber?)

Finnaly the ships have returned to maps with land. I hope I can just run free in the city of Coruscant. What if there was a mission in the undercity and you had to interview a death-stick dealer to find information about a rising bounty hunter, Boba Fett!

I am also enjoying the jedi v.s. clone with staff.

TNR

YES!!! i love battle front. you should be able to pick more characters and the clone wars should be bigger

This new footage looks very promising for the next reasons:

-First of all, AWESOME cutscenes :cry_happy: .

- Looks like this one actually has an interesting story.

- The graphics and gameplay look great.

- To me this one looks like a fusion between TFU, Rogue Squadron and the las two Battlefronts which is great :thumbup: .

- Now I have order a PS3 so I can actually buy it (The last ones doesn´t appear in the nintendo home consoles and I don´t like games for the PC :tongue: ).

I'm not sure how many of you know this but the company that was set to make Battlefron 3, Free Radical, recently closed down meaning this game that we see here may not be released. :sceptic:

Word on the street is that the company who made Renegade Squadron are set to make Battlefront 3 now.

That looks FREAKIN AWESOME! :oh3: I'm so excited now! SW: Battlefront is one of my favorite (Star Wars) games of all time, and this one seems to be better than all of the prievious titles combined! :cry_happy:

This new footage looks very promising for the next reasons:

- First of all, AWESOME cutscenes :cry_happy: .

- Looks like this one actually has an interesting story.

- The graphics and gameplay look great.

- To me this one looks like a fusion between TFU, Rogue Squadron and the last two Battlefronts which is great! :thumbup:

I agree to all of that!

Very cool cutscenes, meaning that this title will finally have some interesting story behind it with cool new, canon Jedi!

A lot of the gameplay scenes look great! The one that intrigued me the most is where the Eta 2 takes off from Coruscant, passes skyscrapers and capital ships, and lands in the hangar of a capital ship IN SPACE! :oh: I was very disappointed that they took the feature of using starfighters in ground battle levels from Battlefront I out of the last two titles, even though the new space battles were pretty sweet. Now, it looks like they combined the two improved battle styles (ground & space) from Battlefront II into one that's similar to the levels of Battlefront I! A very good move IMO! :thumbup:

With Free Radical having closed, it may be possible that the game ends up not being released, but they would be a fool to let that happen. So here is for hoping that they will find somebody else to finish the game for them! :thumbup: It looks very good so far, so it can't be all that long until it's finished. :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Rebellion is likely to have taken this project under their wing.

Also, I love what they've done. It's like they listened to everything I wanted in my brain [somehow] and compiled it all together. In my eyes Battlefront was far superior to its sequels. This is what I've been waiting for!

Oh my, that looks :wub: :wub: :wub: , too bad it is likely to be cancelled. I think the land/ space is just one map, its the battle of courscant, which takes place in low orbit.

there's concept art for a dark obi wan as well leaked:

http://www.toplessrobot.com/darko1k.jpg

which is the "cool new, canon Jedi!"

I recently re-installed battlefront II, and it is one of my favourite games ever. If you have it for the PC i recommend the conversion pack, that adds new game modes, maps and Kotor era sides!

http://starwarsbattlefront.filefront.com/f...sion_Pack;94154

Edited by simonjedi

That looks soooooo awesome! BF is the best game ever made, except for Call of Duty 4 and TFU. I really look forward to its release! :thumbup:

The game looks very detailed and all around exciting game. But, I am not a fan of Battlefront. I am not a fan of the idea of simply running around with a time limit and killing people. This game looks like it includes more of a mission-style play, which is what I like.

Holy Canoli.... :oh:

I like how they're seemingly incorporating a storyline this time around, along with some Slave II, Millenium Falcon, and Jedi Starfighter love. I'm less than thrilled to see playable Ewoks and Gungans...necessary? I think not... :hmpf_bad: Still, I thought I saw some Episode II era clones, so that's always a good thing!

My main wish for this iteration of the series would be to see some cross-generation skirmish play (i.e. Rebels Vs. Republic, Empire Vs. Separatists, etc.) and maybe even some same side fighting!

Cheers!

-Nich

My friend was raging over this game last night. He's pretty much a Star Wars fundamentalist and objects to anything even slightly uncanon. He's already found a ton just from this video alone. Then again he's not a fan of the untactical uncreative repetitive gameplay, blablabla haha. But I love it. If it's as good as the first one and full of content, along with some excellent online features, I'll gladly pick this up. I have fond memories of all those days and nights me and my friends would spend blasting through each and every map, never to tire of the gameplay. After all, this game isn't designed to be 100% canon, and a lot is just unnecessary fan service. But if it has plenty to do, and I have a great time playing it, I'm not going to make a fuss :tongue:.

What I am annoyed with though is that Free Radical owned several components of this game that now won't be integrated. Namely flying out of the atmosphere mid battle. Apparently that will be cutscened. Yuck. Is it really so legally difficult to pass these things down?!

Edited by Andrex

What I am annoyed with though is that Free Radical owned several components of this game that now won't be integrated. Namely flying out of the atmosphere mid battle. Apparently that will be cutscened.

WHAT!? *oh2* NOOO! That seemed to be the coolest one of the new features! :cry_sad: Where did you hear this?

It's all over the net =/ I'm sure you'll find it in an interview somewhere. Still, there could be hope yet:

"Though still officially in limbo, Star Wars: Battlefront 3 may be taken back by the series' original creators, according to a report from VideoGaming247. Citing an "insider source," the game is said to be going back to Pandemic Studios, which made the first two Star Wars: Battlefront games.

Though the title has never even been formally announced by LucasArts, it's been getting a lot of attention lately. Financial difficulties at FreeRadical supposedly shifted the rumored project to Rebellion. When fans saw the renders and more recently, leaked alpha footage from Free Radical, interest grew. But it's impossible to tell if Rebellion took the existing game and built on it, or started from scratch, especially with so little official information. Now this report conflicts directly with what we've previously heard, claiming that Pandemic will be handling the game. If it was taken from Rebellion, we may never know exactly why, but with interest buzzing on the game we expect to hear official word on a developer soon.

Whichever studio lands the project, it's good to know that the game itself appears to be surviving FreeRadical's money woes. We'll have to see how closely the project still resembles the alpha footage when official word finally comes."

Did any of you guys read what Qj.net posted, i wont post a link as some of the stuff is not legal (eg custom psp firmware), but they had some photos from the video which was supposed to have an evil Obi Wan in it.

http://img.qj.net/uploads/articles_module/...enth.jpg?448434

This article also said Pandemic Studios might end up with the game.

Further more, just because a company goes under or what ever doesn't mean anything, the developers who are making the current ghost busters game are not the ones who started the game.

I also heard BF3 was going to be MMO, which is interesting as it is supposed to come out on the ps3.

I hope Lucas Arts ends up making it and uses the team who worked on the ps3 and 360 versions of the force unleashed so we get more force powers other than just pull and push like in BF2.

Edited by DarthSion