Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Found 2 boxes on the shelf here at Wal*Mart in Calgary.

Did use the "feeling method" on the initial 16 but when going for the rest of the box for additional ones noticed that the bump codes are now more obscure...more "shallow" and in some cases..."smudged"...also like they went through another heat seal to "flatten them out."

I still find it strange that LEGO is trying to make figuring out which Minifigure you're getting harder, when it's flat rarity anyways. What percentage of collectors get all of them, and which only get a few? And under what rationale?

I mean, MB still prints a code on their blind packs for the HALO figures, making it really easy to get whatever you may be looking for, but there's different rarities there. It's like the systems are backwards, man.

Either way, 10 minutes of patience and I was able to get all 16 in one go. I just still feel sorta bad manhandling those packs I didn't buy.

Edited by IAmWillGibson

What percentage of collectors get all of them, and which only get a few? And under what rationale?

I think my personal reason is I was lucky to start off with getting all of Series 1, and continued the habit. Call me a completist, but so far I do have the 16 from every series released, and even a couple extras of my fav figs. I have also managed to use the feel method on every series but the first (never hit stores in my area, got the set of Kijiji). It also only takes me a few minutes to go through a complete box by that method. I still can't understand why people don't use this method instead of the hard to read dots (Patience is probably a key thing here :tongue:)

I know that I will never own every Lego set ever made, but completing this theme would be nice touch.

Just a heads up - I've been to a couple TRU's here in Mississauga and they are stocked with Series 6. They were hardly touched as well. Also, at the TRU in Oakville, I managed to get a complete set of the Bricktober figs. They were selling for $2.99. I might have grabbed the last forestman, though. This location also had the 16 minifig display cases for $24.99.

Happy Hunting!

Just a heads up - I've been to a couple TRU's here in Mississauga and they are stocked with Series 6. They were hardly touched as well. Also, at the TRU in Oakville, I managed to get a complete set of the Bricktober figs. They were selling for $2.99. I might have grabbed the last forestman, though. This location also had the 16 minifig display cases for $24.99.

Happy Hunting!

I've been seeing the Bricktober figures everywhere around here over the last little while, and in big numbers. It just bums me out because I remember someone on here somewhere saying they found them on the shelf, and they scanned at a penny [how they would have when they were free] so I got excited, but then saw they scanned at $2.99 and got sad again. Three bucks seems like a lot to ask for a figure that requires the homework these do.

Now, if they weren't glued, I'd probably have bought a few.

Edited by IAmWillGibson

Now, if they weren't glued, I'd probably have bought a few.

You're right, the glue is a downfall. I do like the printed 2x4 tile that is on them though. And it is removable.

I have not seen them at any TRU stores in the lower mainland. Maybe it is because I wan't looking hard enough. Where are the magnets located? In the LEGO aisle?

Where are the magnets located? In the LEGO isle?

They were on a side rack at end of a Lego aisle with other polybag sets.

Has anyone ordered from a European country on BrickLink? There are some sets that I'd like to get which are pretty cheap; I'm just afraid of outrageous shipping fees.

Has anyone ordered from a European country on BrickLink? There are some sets that I'd like to get which are pretty cheap; I'm just afraid of outrageous shipping fees.

Just inquire about shipping to the actual store owners, but it does generally seem on the high side. Curse you Europe and your high taxes on everything! (not in a bad way) :grin:

I tried searching for this, but came up empty. Can anyone point me to the link of the updated PAB wall at Sherway Gardens? I need to go fill up my box from November! :thumbup:

I tried searching for this, but came up empty. Can anyone point me to the link of the updated PAB wall at Sherway Gardens? I need to go fill up my box from November! :thumbup:

http://www.brickbuildr.com/view/pab/ I wouldn't count on the stock information being very accurate, but you get a sense of what is there. It was updated 6 days ago.

Most of mine have been pretty reasonable, but they were smaller boxes with just mixed parts, not large sets.

My last few orders, in Canadian dollars: Belgium $17.18 + $4.15 shipping, France 22.06 + 1.84 shipping, Germany 20.45 + 8.43 shipping, Germany 49.59 + 8.97 shipping. My largest package was an Advent Calendar + 100 assorted pieces from Holland, which came out to: $42.22 + $21.35 shipping. (I've paid almost that much in shipping from a Canadian seller, *huh* )

I didn't need to pay any duties or import fees on any of those, just make sure they are shipping regular mail and not UPS/DHL/Purolator or whatever.

Hello, fellow AFOL's from the north!

I have a non-Lego related question, and I hope that is ok. I am desperately looking for a few certain Transformer toys, that were supposed to be released in the states, but were canceled after releasing in Canada, and some Asian markets. these are Toys R Us exclusives, and I would be so so grateful if anyone lives near a Toys R Us and would be willing to locate these items for me.

if anyone is willing/able to help, please send me a p.m. or email me rlattruia@gmail.com

either way, thank you for your time!

It is not just crazy shipping fees you need to worry about. Carefully check the exchange rates used. I have encountered several sellers in Europe who make up their own exchange rates that are obscene.

I've paid almost that much in shipping from a Canadian seller...

With as much patriotic love for my fellow Canucks as I can muster, I NEVER buy from Canadians or Europeans if I can avoid it. I buy from Americans as much as possible. Why? Because I can get the same item from Florida (furthest point in the Continental US from me here on Vancouver Island) in half the time for half the shipping cost than I can from Alberta (next province over). Even Canada Post from Vancouver to Victoria costs the same and takes longer.

Its usually not the sellers fault but rather Canada Post but its still a nuisance. And there is little choice sometimes with the Europeans. Those lucky B@$!%&s get better access to a lot of stuff and since most of them I have actually dealt with are pretty good you should be OK.

Some countries are cheaper than others for shipping. Poland is generally one of the cheapest I've found. Small packets can be ok...large packages can be quite expensive, especially from the UK.

On another note...I updated the Fairview PAB inventory on Brickbldr...

Hello, fellow AFOL's from the north!

I have a non-Lego related question, and I hope that is ok. I am desperately looking for a few certain Transformer toys, that were supposed to be released in the states, but were canceled after releasing in Canada, and some Asian markets. these are Toys R Us exclusives, and I would be so so grateful if anyone lives near a Toys R Us and would be willing to locate these items for me.

if anyone is willing/able to help, please send me a p.m. or email me rlattruia@gmail.com

either way, thank you for your time!

Ah! Non-Lego! Dirty, dirty, dirty words! :laugh:

I actually got a good taste of some non-Lego products this weekend at a friends house. I'm pretty surprised people actually spend money on it. The quality of the products was incredibly shocking. I'm glad I was raised on the breast milk known as Lego.

Happy hunting, I’m sure someone will help you out.

Edited by Rook

Fairview has the Sydney Opera House, the Technic Logging Truck, the City Alarm board game and two new Ninjago spinners in stock.

I've only seen the Recycling Truck at the LEGO Store, but I haven't really checked anywhere else...

Also, the Sydney Opera House is no longer available at Fairview, but the other new sets are.

I believe the Recycling Tuck is a LEGO exclusive, meaning you could only purchase it at the brand stores or on S@H. I would not be surprised if another TRU, Walmart... etc started selling these in the future. But for now, you can only buy is on S@H and LEGO Stores.

With as much patriotic love for my fellow Canucks as I can muster, I NEVER buy from Canadians or Europeans if I can avoid it. I buy from Americans as much as possible. Why? Because I can get the same item from Florida (furthest point in the Continental US from me here on Vancouver Island) in half the time for half the shipping cost than I can from Alberta (next province over). Even Canada Post from Vancouver to Victoria costs the same and takes longer.

Its usually not the sellers fault but rather Canada Post but its still a nuisance. And there is little choice sometimes with the Europeans. Those lucky B@$!%&s get better access to a lot of stuff and since most of them I have actually dealt with are pretty good you should be OK.

I can't agree more. I will order from a Canadian seller only if I know the pieces can be sent by letter mail, then it is worth it, otherwise ordering from the U.S. is best, though I have had a couple of really good sellers from Europe as well.

Do you know if shipping to the mainland is cheaper than to Vancouver Island? I have family on the mainland that would probably work as a go between for Canadian orders.