Tim Bit

Canadian Eh?

Does anyone know if the keychains are discounted like they are on S@H?

Hey guys first time poster here. I found this site after a long tedious search where to buy discount lego through google. I always pay full price for my sets and it's started to burn a hole in my pocket.

I was reading about the outlet mall bricks and blocks in cooktown, can anyone confirm that it is still open?

or are there any other places in the Greater Toronto Area that have some good prices on lego?

Sorry bud, there aren't really any places for discounted Lego, unless you count random garage sales where you get lucky. There is also a yearly Mastermind warehouse sale, and they have Lego (but you have to go during the first few days as it sells out quickly). Here's a link for more info

The Winners near Lawrence and Bathurst (?) occasionally has Lego (as of last week they had about 3 or 4 small sets). The problem is that the prices are only about 30% off for limited selection, so you're often better to get a TRU sale at 25% off but with more selection.

@Prateek - the Lego Store didn't have any of the keychains or magnets for sale aside from the 3 for 2 deal advertised HERE, but they did give away copies of Lego Universe with purchases.

Edited by Toadtorrent

Sorry bud, there aren't really any places for discounted Lego, unless you count random garage sales where you get lucky. There is also a yearly Mastermind warehouse sale, and they have Lego (but you have to go during the first few days as it sells out quickly). Here's a link for more info

Thanks I will check that out for sure, can get some nice stuff for my little cousins at the same time.

Does anyone know if the bricks and blocks outlet is still open in Cookstown? bout 30 minutes north of Toronto, I was reading about it near the beginning of this thread, but they said it was closed for a little while because of stock problems. It's about an hour drive from me and am hoping it's open first.

Unfortunately Bricks N Blocks closed down about 2 years ago. The equivalent store has been open near London for a while - ToyBuildingZone. As you've probably noticed, the first official Lego store in Ontario just opened at the Sherway Gardens mall last week, though most of their prices will be MSRP. Another interesting place is Lasting Toys which specializes in Lego and often has a wide variety of sets (sometimes rare too). Also as others have said, Toys R Us often has 15-25% off selected sets or themes, it's just a matter of checking their weekly flyer either online or in the newspaper to see if there are any sales on.

Hope this helps.

Unfortunately Bricks N Blocks closed down about 2 years ago. The equivalent store has been open near London for a while - ToyBuildingZone. As you've probably noticed, the first official Lego store in Ontario just opened at the Sherway Gardens mall last week, though most of their prices will be MSRP. Another interesting place is Lasting Toys which specializes in Lego and often has a wide variety of sets (sometimes rare too). Also as others have said, Toys R Us often has 15-25% off selected sets or themes, it's just a matter of checking their weekly flyer either online or in the newspaper to see if there are any sales on.

Hope this helps.

What he said basically. Just a quick thing about Lasting Toys, they're good if you're looking for some of the older sets that have been discontinued. Of course, don't expect to be paying cheap though. There's a bit of a markup on the discontinued/rare sets (will depend on the rarity and how long it's been discontinued) but that's to be expected. It's where I got 7991 Recycle Truck last year. I'll probably end up going there again to get some other older city sets that I missed out on from a few years ago.

Here are pictures of the minifigs and the t-shirt they were giving to the first 300 customers

IMG_2791.jpg

IMG_2795.jpg

IMG_2808.jpg

IMG_2809a.jpg

IMG_2809c.jpg

I don't think it's open anymore. It's not listed on the mall's website either.

What he said basically. Just a quick thing about Lasting Toys, they're good if you're looking for some of the older sets that have been discontinued. Of course, don't expect to be paying cheap though. There's a bit of a markup on the discontinued/rare sets (will depend on the rarity and how long it's been discontinued) but that's to be expected. It's where I got 7991 Recycle Truck last year. I'll probably end up going there again to get some other older city sets that I missed out on from a few years ago.

I got some old Technics set from them. They don't seem too hard to get to in Mississauga if one has a car.

I don't think it's open anymore. It's not listed on the mall's website either.

What isn't open anymore? I might have missed something, but to me this sounds like your saying that the new LEGO Store that just opened in Sherway Gardens is now closed. This seems rather improbable.

...this sounds like your saying that the new LEGO Store that just opened in Sherway Gardens is now closed

He's referring to Bricks N Blocks which has closed. The Sherway store is alive and kicking.

The Sherway store is no longer a mad busy like it was on the grand opening weekend, where it was a 2 hour wait to get in and an extra half hour for the cashier. I was there again on Monday, and you can walk right in and browse comfortably now.

Sherway is a nice mall and it will generate enough traffic to support the store. But I still would have preferred a central Toronto location that is better accessed by transit.

Edited by appleb

He's referring to Bricks N Blocks which has closed. The Sherway store is alive and kicking.

Yeah, I guess some glitch happened because when I went to post it, it was right after mos3s's post, but somehow it got shifted...

Here are pictures of the minifigs and the t-shirt they were giving to the first 300 customers

Check out this on eBay:

Lego Toronto Minifigs

I'm sorry, but someone paid $195 for them!!!!!

Sometimes I just don't understand people.......

I'm sorry, but someone paid $195 for them!!!!!

Sometimes I just don't understand people.......

That's insane...at that price, that even justifies standing in line from 6am to get those...if you could only guarantee that price...

p-t-barnums-law-there-s-a-sucker-born-every-minute-political-poster-1282860468.jpg

Edited by Toadtorrent

Oink Oink at Avenue and Eglinton in Toronto is having a 20% off everything in the store sale on June 3rd and 4th, and select sets are at 25% off right now.

Oink Oink at Avenue and Eglinton in Toronto is having a 20% off everything in the store sale on June 3rd and 4th, and select sets are at 25% off right now.

Might be asking for a bit much here but any idea what the "select" sets are at the moment? It's a bit of a mission to get there for me. I guess I can wait until June 3rd-4th for a deal though...

Edited by Canada_7

Does anyone know if the bricks and blocks outlet is still open in Cookstown? bout 30 minutes north of Toronto, I was reading about it near the beginning of this thread, but they said it was closed for a little while because of stock problems. It's about an hour drive from me and am hoping it's open first.

Sadly, it's gone. Has been for a while now.

Sherway is a nice mall and it will generate enough traffic to support the store. But I still would have preferred a central Toronto location that is better accessed by transit.

From my visit to Sherway today: new LEGO store at Fairview Mall by Christmas. :thumbup::grin:

Just got back from the LEGO store myself. It's awesome watching Dads rekindle their interest in LEGO in front of their families.

Might be asking for a bit much here but any idea what the "select" sets are at the moment? It's a bit of a mission to get there for me. I guess I can wait until June 3rd-4th for a deal though...

I don't remember the exact sets, but there were a number of large Technic sets, Power Miners and Creator. There were more, but I don't want to tell you something they don't have...

From my visit to Sherway today: new LEGO store at Fairview Mall by Christmas. :thumbup::grin:

Are you serious!?! Awesome! That's right near my school :laugh:

Are you serious!?! Awesome! That's right near my school :laugh:

I'm serious...and I did the 'happy dance' right there in the store when I was told. LOL

The timing wasn't certain but, I was told 'before Christmas'. It would seem that the Sherway store is "doing better than expected" so they're going to push for a quick opening for the Fairview store to hit the Christmas buying season.

Right by your school? Vanier? I went to Vanier, even though my folks moved me out to Scarberia before the end of grade ten. I preferred the bus ride over going to ACI. LOL!

Edited by Ogre

It would seem that the Sherway store is "doing better than expected" so they're going to push for a quick opening for the Fairview store to hit the Christmas buying season.

How can they say better than expected when the store has only been open for essentially a couple weeks? That's crazy. The plan must already have been in motion as these things usually take over a year to plan out...

Mind you...I'm not complaining, as I could make that one at lunch!! Woohoo! I could become the King of the PAB inventory update!!