Oky

Star Wars

In an interview (I can't remember with who; Dave Filoni maybe?), the interviewee stated that TCW "is planned until at least Season 7". Does that answer your question? :wink:

The problem with 7 series is that the CW takes place over 3 years (correct me if I'm wrong), series 1 and 2 of the original CW took place in year one, with the Cat and Mouse, Deserter and TCW Film in the same year (Ahsoka 14), then TCW series 1 and 2 are one year (Ahsoka 15), then series 3 and 4 (Ahsoka 16) + 6 and 7 and CW series 3 all have to cram into the last year :sceptic:.

Edited by Mr Man

Dave Filoni on time travelling:

Filoni: (laughs) You have hit on something there and it is where we have to draw the line, for me anyway. I think those kinds of stories are very hard to pull off. Plus, I always think of Star Wars as a mythology and a fantasy epic even though it is set in a Science Fiction world. Science Fiction does deal with those more hard core topics especially with time travel and robots. There is a real scientific means for how they are done. In Star Wars you don’t really worry how an X-Wing can pull itself out of the atmosphere. You just go with it.

Filoni has realized that Star Wars is not science fiction but fantasy (afaik, the first one who realized that is Stephen King, as early as 1981 in "Danse Macabre"). Filoni realized as well that the time travelling plot simply doesn't fit to the mystic and fantastic world of Star Wars. So I do not believe there will be a time travelling plot about killing Vader in the past.

Of course, Filoni is not responsible for the show. But I'd take it for granted that those who are are smart enough to realize that they hardly could do something more stupid than making such a plot. Maybe it's possible, but it would take a huge effort.

Edited by Brickadeer

The problem with 7 series is that the CW takes place over 3 years (correct me if I'm wrong), series 1 and 2 of the original CW took place in year one, with the Cat and Mouse, Deserter and TCW Film in the same year (Ahsoka 14), then TCW series 1 and 2 are one year (Ahsoka 15), then series 3 and 4 (Ahsoka 16) + 6 and 7 and CW series 3 all have to cram into the last year :sceptic:.

Except for flashbacks, all TCW episodes thus far have taken place in 21 BBY, the second year of the Clone Wars.

Except for flashbacks, all TCW episodes thus far have taken place in 21 BBY, the second year of the Clone Wars.

They have :sceptic:, ah well that makes more sense.

Well, Filoni has said that TCW will go into Order 66, so perhaps many of the S7 episodes will be around that time? :sceptic:

Well, Filoni has said that TCW will go into Order 66, so perhaps many of the S7 episodes will be around that time? :sceptic:

He said that it would discuss the principle behind Order 66, not show it taking place.

He said that it would discuss the principle behind Order 66, not show it taking place.

But we already know the priniple behind Order 66. The clone had a list of 150 Contingency Order that were drilled into them, one of them being Order 66, an order saying the Jedi had commited treason and were to be shot on sight. Palps used this to take out the Jedi, and strengthen his hold on his new Galactic Empire. Is there really any more we need to know?

But we already know the priniple behind Order 66. The clone had a list of 150 Contingency Order that were drilled into them, one of them being Order 66, an order saying the Jedi had commited treason and were to be shot on sight. Palps used this to take out the Jedi, and strengthen his hold on his new Galactic Empire. Is there really any more we need to know?

Was it George that came up with that? There's a lot of things we've 'known' before (Ventress' origin story, Darth Maul's coloring was tattoos not natural) that were redone in the Clone Wars show. Filoni also said that there was more to Order 66 that they would explore than just the above explanation.

According to Filoni, Yes.

...Except that Anakin was originally knighted in the last year of the war, also according to Wookieepedia.

A definitive chronology hasn't been worked out at this point. Maybe after the show ends.

...Except that Anakin was originally knighted in the last year of the war, also according to Wookieepedia.

A definitive chronology hasn't been worked out at this point. Maybe after the show ends.

I'm pretty sure that the sad truth is that the definitive chronology will just be CW using its T-canon status to overrule everything else. (and I think parts of the older series could even be demoted to S-canon or N-canon status because of that, if enough is changed)

Retcon. :wink:

I'm pretty sure that the sad truth is that the definitive chronology will just be CW using its T-canon status to overrule everything else. (and I think parts of the older series could even be demoted to S-canon or N-canon status because of that, if enough is changed)

Of course.

And I'm sure Star Wars Underground will do the same thing.

I wonder if they will go back and redo the old Clone Wars series, but in TCW style, and make it canon.

I wonder if they will go back and redo the old Clone Wars series, but in TCW style, and make it canon.

Why? It should remain C-canon, since it was overridden by a source of higher canon, not replaced by a source of the same level of canon. Anything not contradicted by the new series will remain canon. Remaking the series would probably cause an even bigger mess of the timeline.

Why? It should remain C-canon, since it was overridden by a source of higher canon, not replaced by a source of the same level of canon. Anything not contradicted by the new series will remain canon. Remaking the series would probably cause an even bigger mess of the timeline.

True.

Well. I do not expect the Jedi Council to say: "Chancellor, we have looked into Order 66 - and you know what? We find it totally reasonable. Of course there is a realistic chance that the Jedi Order will grasp for the power of the Republic, and consequently it is totally reasonable to draft a law and an Order to take care of this possibility by wiping out the Jedi. It is equally reasonable that you are the only one to determine whether or not the Jedi try to take over the leadership of the Republic, and that you are the only one who can set Order 66 in motion, without any further democratic check."

So to me, the big question is how Palpatine can get away with it. Did it pass the Jedi's attention? I'd find that hard to swallow. If it didn't pass the Jedi's attention, why then didn't they intervene or grew suspicious? These are the questions that remain unanswered, though we might know what Order 66 is.

Edited by Brickadeer

Well. I do not expect the Jedi Council to say: "Chancellor, we have looked into Order 66 - and you know what? We find it totally reasonable. Of course there is a realistic chance that the Jedi Order will grasp for the power of the Republic, and consequently it is totally reasonable to draft a law and an Order to take care of this possibility by wiping out the Jedi. It is equally reasonable that you are the only one to determine whether or not the Jedi try to take over the leadership of the Republic, and that you are the only one who can set Order 66 in motion, without any further democratic check."

So to me, the big question is how Palpatine can get away with it. Did it pass the Jedi's attention? I'd find that hard to swallow. If it didn't pass the Jedi's attention, why then didn't they intervene or grew suspicious? These are the questions that remain unanswered, though we might know what Order 66 is.

I read somewhere that the clones had the same order about palpatine in case he tried to take over. But it seems more of a 'See guys, I've got the same thing in case I'm secretly evil. (Which I'm totally not) So stop your whining"

But they probably didn't know or even bother to actually investigate the mysterious army created over dubious reasons at best because the Jedi of the PT are morons.

EDIT: I hate 'canon' discussions with the power of a thousand suns because IT REALLY DOESN"T MATTER. Ignore it all and just go for ME-canon. If you like it it happened, if you don't stick your fingers in your ears and go 'lalalawhatthefuckisavongla'

Edited by simonjedi

I read somewhere that the clones had the same order about palpatine in case he tried to take over. But it seems more of a 'See guys, I've got the same thing in case I'm secretly evil. (Which I'm totally not) So stop your whining"

But they probably didn't know or even bother to actually investigate the mysterious army created over dubious reasons at best because the Jedi of the PT are morons.

EDIT: I hate 'canon' discussions with the power of a thousand suns because IT REALLY DOESN"T MATTER. Ignore it all and just go for ME-canon. If you like it it happened, if you don't stick your fingers in your ears and go 'lalalawhatthefuckisavongla'

The problem I have is that a corresponding order to arrest Palpatine doesn't create a balance of power. Once Order 66 is ordered, the corresponding order is totally irrelevant.

The next question is that if a corresponding order existed, why didn't Windu invoke it once he learned that Palpatine is the Sith Lord.

The problem I have is that a corresponding order to arrest Palpatine doesn't create a balance of power. Once Order 66 is ordered, the corresponding order is totally irrelevant.

The next question is that if a corresponding order existed, why didn't Windu invoke it once he learned that Palpatine is the Sith Lord.

Order 65 (Arrest, or if necesary, kill, the Chancellor) could only be invoked be the Senate.

Perhaps it will have something to do with Krell. :sceptic:

Because the order would never ever ever be ordered. He was just using it to shut the critics up, .

As for Mace see: PT jedi are morons. All he had was Anakin's word that Palpatine was a sith. He did decide to barge in Palpatine's private office, in the middle of the night flanked by 3 jedi masters all with weapons drawn.

:laugh: It's what I've always done.

As for Mace see: PT jedi are morons. All he had was Anakin's word that Palpatine was a sith. He did decide to barge in Palpatine's private office, in the middle of the night flanked by 3 jedi masters all with weapons drawn.

It's more less exactly what Luke would have done as well (See Bespin).

Because the order would never ever ever be ordered. He was just using it to shut the critics up, .

He couldn't risk waiting.