cartoondude

Power Miners: New Sets for 2009

Rock Raiders!

Now that you mention it, it looks like a modernized Rockmonster

from the Rock Raiders line. WHICH I DIG!!!! :thumbup:

So what i can say about this is it will have a very similar construction to the castle orge / giant troll charracter , also like the trool it will have the ability to pick stuff up by the looks of the hands witch have a space in then to hold a 2 wide brick so im guessing it is supposed to be for holding the lego boulder pieces, or grabbing vehicles.

Here's a pic of the new monster (found on NavyTrooperFensons' brickshelf folder):

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/NavyTroo...on/2009/0-a.bmp

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/NavyTroo...on/2009/0-a.bmp

Maybe this can be the concept for a Rancor for Star Wars fans

Thanks guys for the news. Let's keep all of the Power Miners news in this topic please and check this topic first before posting new pictures. That's how Eurobricks works. Thanks.

I know I'm a lot more of a Star Wars fan than Power Miners, and I know it's a 1 in 100000 chance I ever WILL get a Power Miners set, the new monster looks swwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!

Good call TLG! :thumbup:

(Now just wait to find out the new monster is only in a 20 bucks overpriced "limited edition" set! :tongue: )

Edited by Darth Legolas

Wah, that is one awesome looking monster. Perhaps better than the castle trolls?

Well, I had my first taste of Power Miners today- the Mining Mech was all they had at my Toys R Us.

...in spite of myself, I find myself liking it. The color scheme is weird, but seeing it in front of me does it much more justice than the box art. I don't hate it anymore- it's not my favorite, but it's growing on me. The Mech itself is actually very interesting. Sure, the tools are rubbish and the legs are too boxy, but the main body has a good "exo suit" feel to it, and it comes with a cool rollcage. The rock monsters are cute, but I don't see how I'll ever be able to use them for my own purposes, a problem I also had with MM jellies. Oh well, at least these are much better than the jellies. The "miner" minifig is not bad at all! I love the detail, and the cybernetic looking glass is awesome. Cool helment, too.

For nine bucks, I'm not at all disappointed! Who knew that this strange theme would turn out to be such a winner? :thumbup:

I may pick up some Power Miners on the basis that the Rock Raiders line was awesome.

Anyone else find the concept of "power mining" a bit funny? Just imagine some rad dudes from the '90s drilling things and being really exited about it.

I may pick up some Power Miners on the basis that the Rock Raiders line was awesome.

Anyone else find the concept of "power mining" a bit funny? Just imagine some rad dudes from the '90s drilling things and being really exited about it.

I suppose "mundane mining" isn't quite as exciting a name. :tongue:

Now that you mention it, it looks like a modernized Rockmonster

from the Rock Raiders line. WHICH I DIG!!!! :thumbup:

Accually if you compare it's size to the the crystals on its back it is going to be alot bigger than the RR monsters! :sweet:

I am starting to think of what the other rock monsters are going to look like as giant demon creatures and by how it looked on photoshop when I played around with the colors of the beastey I thought a giant boulderax would be awesome! :sweet:

Edited by computerbug

Well, it looks nice. Maybe included in a bigger set like a base.

I sure hope so I have the crystal sweeper and it is like a mobile base but I think a non-mobile base could be really cool! :sweet: I just hope it's better than the RR base! :look:

The Power Miners sets arn't just showing up at TRU and Target anymore. They're at K Mart and maybe walmart where I live. :wink:

PS: My Grandfather works at K Mart so he asked his boss about Power Miners and got Thunder Driller and Claw Digger for me!!!!! :tongue:

Edited by Tanma Dude

I think this monster is small Meltrox, eaten it is a lot of crystals. The Crystal King (if it really monster, not PM's transport) will be more and more aggressively) :classic:

Yes, when the monsters are supposed to eat to many crystals they are surpposed to turn into monster versions.

How did you know that Pencoin? This new monster looks awesome! :cry_happy: Great idea TLC! :thumbup:

How did you know that Pencoin? This new monster looks awesome! :cry_happy: Great idea TLC! :thumbup:

He read it somewhere on EB. I also remember reading that somewhere, but I don´t remember where... :hmpf_bad::blush:

Anyone else planning on snagging multiples of each kind (Meltrox, Sulfurox, Glaciator, etc)?

Anyone else planning on snagging multiples of each kind (Meltrox, Sulfurox, Glaciator, etc)?

Oh yes, forget the sets, I am going to use Briclink to get around 10 or more of each.

Hmm I'm not sure if this has ben brought up, if it has sorry.

But here's a picture of another new Power Miners set I found on Brickshelf

8707: Boulder Blaster

8707-1.jpg

I think it looks like one of the best Power Miners set out there, even if it has a large ugly TNT launcher, now the Power miners can kill hungry rock monsters from a far :laugh: .

Woops, I saw this in my '09 Catalog but didn't notice that it was new! :blush:

I think this looks pretty cool. :sweet:

I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but on the official power miners site there are building instructions for the alternate models available.