Derek

City '09?

Return of the fruit tree! Yay!

The Creator house is a bit weird. Not as nice as the tan Town House or the Beach House. Red roof tiles and those horrible shutters - hmm. The scale is also a bit wrong looking.

Fruit tree? Where? :look:

Also is it just me or do the pictures seem slightly more crisp and clear? :look:

Anyway The seperate Tow truck only seems only abit smaller/shorter then the larger one in the garage set...But I think I like the smaller one better, But I guess you can use the bigger one for stuff like towing trucks like in the pic, Also I think the towtruck is part of the new Road Service line, Since it has blue light bar and what appears to be the Service logo on the side. Which I dont really mind. :classic:

Sports car seems nice, I'll buy afew atleast one or two just for parts. :thumbup:

The Creator house...Where do I start, It has Tan, Darkblue, Red, Yellow & white with some bley & brown thrown in, What where TLC set designers smoking? :wacko: But for piece's sake I might get one, I hope its a prelim pic and that the final product is better. :sceptic:

Camper is ...meh depends mainly on the interior of it I guess, Might get one for parts

Pizzeria & Bus stop, Looks good, Probable my favourite out of all the new ones...I will probable get two mainly for the bus and pieces but I will keep one set intact and the spare bus to but the rest will be pieces It looks like a good parts pack :sweet::thumbup:

Edited by Darth_Legois

Fruit tree? Where? :look:

8402 - the blurry green blob in the background. Otherwise known as this piece:

3470.png

8402 - the blurry green blob in the background. Otherwise known as this piece:

3470.png

Ahh!, I thought some creator brick-built tree in the creator house set that I missed :laugh::blush:

Where did rumours about no CC style this year start? I thought it was always planned as a series of three - that's what Jamie Berard said. Market Street (although not exactly CC) is also the only Factory set not to have been clearanced, so I assumed they were selling well. We normally don't get pics until just before the March/ Easter release anyway - Lego didn't preannounce Green Grocer, it just appeared on S@H!

Hope you right, i need the cc, its the happening of the year. Me and my oldest kid allways sit up late summer night outside and build it, the cc styles is daddys :) rest is the kiddos. Hes lucky hes father is a afol,. :) bedrom full of lego in hes mothers wrath :)

Edited by geiri

Thanks for the pics Weelean! :sweet:

I don't see why so many people are dissapointed about the creator house, I think it's lovely! :classic:

As for the City sets, we're getting a car as a seperate set! :cry_happy: With a tree! :cry_happy:

Best year ever... :wub:

Dr. Brick

P.S.: Weelean, do you also have pics of the wind turbine set? That would be really usefull... :wink:

Hope you right, i need the cc, its the happening of the year. Me and my oldest kid allways sit up late summer night outside and build it, the cc styles is daddys :) rest is the kiddos. Hes lucky hes father is a afol,. :) bedrom full of lego in hes mothers wrath :)

Hi geiri!, Welcome to EuroBricks :classic:

You can introduce yourself here by making a topic :wink:

I agree I want to see more CC style buildings, Maybe a CC-Style Post office like Holodoc's :thumbup::sweet:

Thanks for the pics Weelean! :sweet:

I don't see why so many people are dissapointed about the creator house, I think it's lovely! :classic:

As for the City sets, we're getting a car as a seperate set! :cry_happy: With a tree! :cry_happy:

Best year ever... :wub:

Dr. Brick

P.S.: Weelean, do you also have pics of the wind turbine set? That would be really usefull... :wink:

Apologise...... I did not see the wind turbine set in Creator set or under farm theme.

Farm is under city theme, in fact.

You can build a customise 4999 for yourself.

I built one and followed the part list in Bricklink.

I have all of parts except instruction book. It cost USD100.00 in Bricklink.

It is very nice. Don't worry about the wire cable.

The 50cm wire cable is now available in Shop at home.

Perhaps, it is truth. Some prices are quite higher.

Depend on market demand.

No matter the wind turbine set is available under Creator, 4999 is a rare set and a promotion set of Vestas.

None of wind turbine set can replace the 'status' of 4999.

I followed the information given in earlier time.

The new wind turbine is without red house.

Unless we all don't mind the existing of red house.

I am still waiting to see...... LEGO launches TV station, Mobile or telecommunication company and post office.

LEGO launched so many TV vehicles and helicopter..... No TV station.

This year, we have cargo plane and mail plane..... No cargo centre and mail despatch centre.....

I hope LEGO can release full related sets as same as Playmobil.

Edited by weelean

Apologise...... I did not see the wind turbine set in Creator set or under farm theme.

Farm is under city theme, in fact.

You can build a customise 4999 for yourself.

I built one and followed the part list in Bricklink.

I have all of parts except instruction book. It cost USD100.00 in Bricklink.

It is very nice. Don't worry about the wire cable.

The 50cm wire cable is now available in Shop at home.

Perhaps, it is truth. Some prices are quite higher.

Depend on market demand.

No matter the wind turbine set is available under Creator, 4999 is a rare set and a promotion set of Vestas.

None of wind turbine set can replace the 'status' of 4999.

I followed the information given in earlier time.

The new wind turbine is without red house.

Unless we all don't mind the existing of red house.

I am still waiting to see...... LEGO launches TV station, Mobile or telecommunication company and post office.

This year, we have cargo plane and mail plane..... No cargo centre and mail despatch centre.....

i have also started building the wind turbine and I'm nearly there. There were rumors of a wind turbine transport, what is the transport?

Thanks. :sweet:

Dr. Brick

Edited by Dr. Brick

Economic downturn and financial crisis......

LEGO launches factory set is still a question.

If LEGO cancels the plan, I can understand it.

But...... train? Will they launch train set?

So far, they said new technology will be used in new train set.

How does it progress?

I bought so many 9V train track.

Luckily RC train can run on 9V train track.

Now, the new train from new system can run on 9V train track?

i have also started building the wind turbine and I'm nearly there. There were rumors of a wind turbine transport, what is the transport?

Thanks. :sweet:

Dr. Brick

In earlier time, some LEGO fans said the new wind turbine set has a vehicle.

Some even said Vestas is going to change the design of wind turbine.

Let us bless to God, 4999 is going to shelves. :)

I have no much detail about wind turbine.

mm, not a huge fan of these. The larger trucks should fit in great with Heavy Hauler, but I just don't car for the rest of the stuff. The camper and Tow truck(smaller tow truck) are great though!

Hi geiri!, Welcome to EuroBricks :classic:

You can introduce yourself here by making a topic :wink:

I agree I want to see more CC style buildings, Maybe a CC-Style Post office like Holodoc's :thumbup::sweet:

Thnx for that, well. Yeah that would be cool, but i loved hes post office so much that i built a blueprint of it this autom :D Lovely piece of work he did there.

That sportscar looks really slick. :thumbup: I love how they put those accesories/scenery in there when they didn't have to. It definately seems that 2009 is primarily civilian based! :thumbup: Fire/Police/Construction was really getting old...

That sports car looks really slick. :thumbup: I love how they put those accessories/scenery in there when they didn't have to. It definitely seems that 2009 is primarily civilian based! :thumbup: Fire/Police/Construction was really getting old...

Whhhaaattt???!! I will NEVER have enough 7236's :sing::tongue:

But yea looks like its more civilian but I think we may get some Fire/Medic stuff later this year since it's been a year or 2 since the last new set..

Anyway, Is it just me or does the windshield on the blue pickup truck look like this but in trans-black? :look: It looks slightly more slanted then the standard one like in 7236.... :look:

It looks to me that our current information skips 7640 altogether...

Any guess what it could be? :look:

You know I think TLG is justified for making the pizza and bike shop different from the standards of Cafe Corner and Green Grocer. I figured that they needed to liven up their new fan base and not solely focus on AFOLs. These new sets will allow the younger generation to also enjoy civilian shops because begging your dad or mom to shell out around $150 USD is not reasonable if even possible for many. Lowering the piece count, and lowering the price will give others a chance to play with something novel. Building up this fan boy allows for more Cafe/Grocer standard sets to come out in future years as well. I say smart move. We will have a 3rd installment of those CC style buildings anyways : ).

I like the set with the city bus. It looks awesome. I can relate to that set, because I take the city bus in my town a lot. And that set looks like the perfect companion set to Main Street and Town Plan. I also like the fact that it includes a pizza parlor. :thumbup: :thumbup: :classic:

YES, YES, YES. damnit...learn to read the previous posts. i can understand if they were 5 pages ago, can't you just read the previous 2-3 pages first before posting? you spend more time copy-paste those links than you do just reading the previous page. :hmpf_bad:

Is that?...yes it is.... :cry_happy:

An RV slash campervan

I've been waiting for this set for ages!!!! I guess asking for this in all those "Iwant TLG to produce this" threads worked :tongue: I can't wait to get it!!!!! :thumbup::cry_happy:

Also that car is pretty sweet :thumbup:

:thumbup: About time they created one so good work TLG :thumbup: All the fire/police stuff was getting old :sceptic:

Normally I'm not a big city fan but these sets look awsome! :cry_happy:

09 on :thumbup:

Thank you very much for the pics, weelean! :sweet:

The tow truck looks really nice. :thumbup:

The sports car is with the tree is :wub: ! Does somebody see what that other red-white-transparent "thing" in this set shall be - a telephone box or a fuel dispenser?

Again I must summarize that it is great to see a lot of civilian sets with two great buildings (in the City Corner set :wub: :wub: :wub: ) and cars with doors :oh: !!! I hope that TLG is going on with those civilian stuff in the next years!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

The only three things which disturb me are - like already mentioned - the red color of the bicycles and the absence of a post office and - which I forgot to mention - that there are no kids included in the sets. We're luckily now getting female minifigs - but where are kids?! TLG has the mold for the little pants (which they even use e. g. for the dwarves in the "Castle" theme). I always thought that Lego shall be a toy for the whole family. So why don't we then get some kids, too?! :angry:

I totally agree with you, weelan!

TLG from time to time doesn't complete their sub-themes in the City theme. :cry_sad:

So I hope that we'll get e. g. a farm house and more additional farm stuff in 2010, some TV sets with of course a TV studio (like you already mentioned) - and of course more of these amazing sets like City Corner, the Camper and the Sports Car! I'm so much waiting for a new (big) post office, a bank with security transport car, a food shop and an apartment house!!!

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

I agree with most everyone else about the sports car set, can't wait to get my hands on that one.

The creator house looks decent; the tan one is better, but the price tag kind of put me off from it so hopefully this one will be somewhere in between the Beach House and the tan one.

It's like browsing a late '80s catalogue again.VARIETY!VARIETY!VARIETY!

Knowing that new sets aren't strictly "duty" related, motivates the expectations to reach the limit!

And as i have said in a previous post...

Civilians, the streets are yours!

(I know i look excited- I am!)

I meant I sound excited! My avatar is still pissed off about something! :tongue:

Edited by Zorbas

This is amazing. LEGO has knocked one out of the ballpark yet AGAIN.

2008 wasn't such a good year for City. Police didn't interest me and Coast Guard bored me. The only two sets I picked up were 7731 Mail Van and 7737 Coast Guard 4WD. Of course I picked up 10185 Green Grocer, but technically that's not City. :tongue:

2009 was looking slightly better. I do plan on picking up all the farm sets (Especially 7635 4WD with Horse Trailer), and perhaps a couple of the construction sets (Even though I own a lot of the previous sets). The real gems for me so far were 8398 BBQ Stand and 8401 LEGO City Minifigure Collection.

Now however, that's all changed:

7639 Camper Van. AMAZING. Ill be picking this up in a heartbeat.

8402 Sports Car. THANK YOU! FINALLY!

7641 City Corner. A BUS! A BUS STOP! I don't care much about the rest of the set, but A BUS AND A BUS STOP! WOW! The bus looks great! (The reason I don't care for the rest of the set is that I'm too used to Cafe Corner/Market Street/Green Grocer. Seeing a building that isn't built to the same standards is a bit a of a letdown for me. But I realise that those sets aren't classic City, so the more sets like this, the merrier!)

7642 Garage. Meh. Only thing I like about this is the blue pickup truck.

7638 Tow Truck. However I really quite like this. I just wish it wasn't orange.

Thank you LEGO! Here's my money! :blush:

PS: I've noticed a lot of talk in this thread about whether there will be another Cafe Corner type building this year, with many people saying no. Well, there was in an interview with Jamie Berard (Creator of Cafe Corner and Green Grocer) in BrickJournal where he unoquivically states that there WILL BE one more set in 2009. He said he always planned three buildings, the first being Cafe Corner and the second being Green Grocer. Market Street isn't part of his "original three" (Source http://www.brickjournal.com/wiki/behind-th...e-green-grocer). Judging by that interview it looks like the plan is to have one Cafe Corner styled building a year.

Edited by Mr Hobbles