Derek

City '09?

Thank you guys for the pictures and information : )

The camper is hands out the best out of the three in my opinion in terms of artistic execution and functionality :classic:

The garage we've seen worked to death already, just another giant airy place for cars. Not bad, would anyone who already has one get another one?

The Pizza shop isn't bad. I had the image of cafe corner or green grocer in my mind the whole time as someone has compared it to those but c'mon...it's no Cafe Corner or Green Grocer (look at the piece count and probably the price that will come out soon). Having said that, it'll probably be a pretty nice set in its own set-category. I will probably get it :classic:

More civilian sets, hallelujah! :cry_happy:

I am sick and tired of only having firefighters, policemen and coast guard members in my city. Now, that will really change!

The camper and city corner look fantastic, even with the blurry pictures. I can't wait to see some with more detail.

Thanks for the pictures!

ahh...most anticipated set ever!!! let's hope it's not 6 studs wide and 20 studs long on this one! small and compact...just like the boxster.

It is 4 stud wide. So, you don't need to worry it being "oversized".

I wished it will be something similar to Classic Town, 4 studs wide design. :blush:

What?? Are you kidding? That wouldn't give mini figs much room inside!

It is 4 stud wide. So, you don't need to worry it being "oversized".

The pic on brickshelf suggjects other wise. Looks like 6 wide to me!

Although this pic is preety blurry, it defenatly looks six wide. You can tell by the windshield and front grill.

Edit by Hinckley: Please never post blurry pics of preliminary confidential product designs here. Thank you.

Edited by Hinckley

I know! 6-Wide at the least! otherwise it looks outof scale.

I know it is 6-wide not sure what he's talkin' about :look:

That bus looks pretty good it almost doesn't look like "real" LEGO it looks like a MOC...It's set's like these that prove its the Golden Age for LEGO City :wub:

But Im wondering how they will arrange the seats in the bus? :look: If they did what I did in my bus I made on LDD I just put chairs on one side of the bus with panel's so the minifigs can fit and there's room to walk past the chairs...Which, IMO is the best way. Im also curious what kind of bus driver they will use? Perhaps a new torso? Im guessing it'll be a train conducter torso or just a plain torso... :sceptic:

Although this pic is preety blurry, it defenatly looks six wide. You can tell by the windshield and front grill.

Edit by Hinckley: Please never post blurry pics of preliminary confidential product designs here. Thank you.

Yup, that´s 6-wide.

The garage is what really disappointed me, I was hoping for something more like the big parking house in the 90s(couldn´t find set number or pic).

Yup, that´s 6-wide.

The garage is what really disappointed me, I was hoping for something more like the big parking house in the 90s(couldn´t find set number or pic).

I think the Garage is the best looking out of them all! But i hear ya. I know the garage your talking about, but i too can't remember the name or set number. :sceptic:

Edit: Found it!! Is this what you were talking about?

6394-1.1182656455.jpg

http://peeron.com/inv/sets/6394-1

Edited by 5150 Lego

I think the Garage is the best looking out of them all! But i hear ya. I know the garage your talking about, but i too can't remember the name or set number. :sceptic:

Edit: Found it!! Is this what you were talking about?

Edit by Hinckley: Demminator, please try not to quote pics unless absolutely necessary...

http://peeron.com/inv/sets/6394-1

Yes, that´s it!

Thanks!

I´m not saying that the garage doesn´t look nice, and I will probably buy it, but it is a little too airy. Besides, it looks very much like the fire station.

I´ll probably use the pieces and make a MOC garage instead.

Yes, that´s it!

Thanks!

I´m not saying that the garage doesn´t look nice, and I will probably buy it, but it is a little too airy. Besides, it looks very much like the fire station.

I´ll probably use the pieces and make a MOC garage instead.

Ya, the factr that it looks alot like the fire station does through me off a bit. I might have to rearange it a bit when i get it. The long garage section with the role up door does look entriging though. As do the dual lifts.

I know! 6-Wide at the least! otherwise it looks outof scale.

I know it is 6-wide not sure what he's talkin' about :look:

That bus looks pretty good it almost doesn't look like "real" LEGO it looks like a MOC...It's set's like these that prove its the Golden Age for LEGO City :wub:

But Im wondering how they will arrange the seats in the bus? :look: If they did what I did in my bus I made on LDD I just put chairs on one side of the bus with panel's so the minifigs can fit and there's room to walk past the chairs...Which, IMO is the best way. Im also curious what kind of bus driver they will use? Perhaps a new torso? Im guessing it'll be a train conducter torso or just a plain torso... :sceptic:

I mentioned earlier in my post that the camper is 6 studs wide, and roughly 20 studs long. Then, in answering natelites remark about the 'SPORTS CAR' I mentioned it is 4 stud wide. I hope I put everything in the right perspective.

:wub::wub::wub:

2009 is turning out to be the best year for City yet.

We allready have really good construction sets. In april we'll get farm sets, and in the summer we'll see some of the most beautiful town sets ever.

I personally feel these sets are better than the classic town ones. Thanks a lot for the pics. Is it possible to scan them?

Dr. Brick

Blury, but better than nothing:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=358870

The bus looks great!!!! So does the camper! And the garage is huge!

Thank you very much for the pics, MAH4546! :sweet:

These new City sets look totally awesome!!! :oh:

7639 Camper: :wub:

It's got a great design - with car doors!!! :oh: The only thing with disturbs me is that the camper is really, really big and tall. On the other hand this would open the chance that it'll include a great interior with lots of amazing details such as a little kitchen, a table with seats and a bed. I'll surely buy this set but I think that 20 Euros surely won't be enough for it - sooner 30-40 Euros.

7641 City Corner: :wub: :wub: :wub:

After Town Plan this is simply the best City set ever!!! :thumbup:

It's got an awesome design - mainly the pizzeria building with three floors!!! :oh: It's great to get a bus and a bicycle shop in this set, too. The pic is regrettably too blurry to be able to say something about the bicycle shop - it's very little but that doesn't automatically mean that it'll be bad. The bus stop is a bit :sceptic: - but the main thing is the bus, isn't it?! When you look into the first floor of the pizzeria you could imagine that there's a white pizza oven. I think that then there's the room for the guests to eat their pizzas on the second floor and perhaps a bed room on the third floor - that would be really :wub: ! There are some really nice details included in this set, too: the skateboarder, a foliage plant, pizzas and a street lantern :thumbup: . I'll surely buy it (even it costs 90 Euros which is imo more realistic than 70 Euros) - it is a must-have for every big City fan!!! :thumbup:

Hopefully we'll see a lot of add-ons for this set in the next years!!!

One of the very few things about which I'm a bit disappointed is that in both these sets there'll going to be a red bicycle. Why red?! - I do nearly no nobody who drives a red bicycle! :angry: If only TLG would use a different color - but please no red!

7642 Garage: :thumbup:

These are exactly my feelings about this set, too. Of course it's got an amazing design and a lot of great details and vehicles! :thumbup: But it's really a bit too airy. Instead of the garage for the big orange truck it would have been better to add a roof to the main building but let the back open. Nevertheless it'S of course a great and very well desgined set. But I momentarily don't plan to buy it.

Great to see TLG releasing that many civilian stuff - and even more than one floor big civilian buildings!!! BIg compliment to TLG!!! More civilian stuff on!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Btw: Does someone see whether the bus is 6 or 8 stuck wide?

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Btw: Does someone see whether the bus is 6 or 8 stuck wide?

It´s 6 studs wide. You can easily see that if you look at the front window, one of the 4x3 ones. :classic:

It´s 6 studs wide. You can easily see that if you look at the front window, one of the 4x3 ones. :classic:

Thank you very much for that information, Dennimator! :sweet:

Great to see the bus being only 6 stuck wide and not 8!!! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

Thank you very much for that information, Dennimator! :sweet:

Great to see the bus being only 6 stuck wide and not 8!!! :thumbup:

Klaus-Dieter

No prob! :tongue:

Yea, I thought the same when I saw the pic.

:thumbup: :thumbup: for 6 and 7-wide buses!

That's it, it's official - 2009 is the best lego year since the begining of TLC's dark age. Seriously, we're getting Farm, and now we'll be getting a garage, camper, pizza shop, bike shop, bus and bus station, and tow truck. The sheer amount of variety in these kits really makes this year feel like the older years of town, where sets weren't confined in two or three specific subtheme releases a year, and weren't always foucused around big action lines like Fire and Police. :cry_happy:

Even better is the fact that all these kits look superb! There's not a single huge 8 wide vehicle in sight, and all the vehicles look superb and original. And the buildings... oh man, just beautiful! TLC, you just keep making my day, so kudos to you yet again! :thumbup:

Furthermore, I believed most of the vehicles are coming with doors attached. :wub: I am so excited too. :tongue:

the fall I noticed that the bus 8 nops wide and see me on a road where they drive on

I think the price is 90 euros.

the price of parking I think around 90 euros.

to many small parts I sit

but I certainly buy the bus station is great model and to just really

I agree that the bus is 8-wide. Look closer at the front window, i'm pretty sure it's two of these pieces side by side:

4215b.png

Also, notice the destination sign above the window, it's cleary 4 studs wide, and there are 2x1 bricks on the left and right side of it, which makes it 8 wide in total.

Also, i don't really understand what should be great about it beeing only 6 wide, there would be much less space inside for figs.

Edited by metalandi

I agree, after a disappointing 2008 lineup (for me), Lego City enters the Golden Age in 2009! :wub:

The Camper looks good, almost like a supersized Joker's Ice Cream truck with that lime/white colour scheme.

The City Corner set is obviously not in the same league as the large S@H exclusive sets, but any set with such large scale civilian buildings and vehicles gets a definite thumbs-up, and it has a modern feel to it while retaining the shape, proportions and style of Classic Town. I hope it is not an exclusive though - if there is anything that the S@H Jan sale shows, it is that retail exclusives don't seem to sell that well, no matter how nice the design (I'm lookin' at you, Volcano Base).

I even like the garage - I think it is superior to both 2007's small one and the 2008 Town Plan one. Nice mix of good looking vehicles and I like the size of it. I can see why some people don't think it's that great but for play value it looks great.

2009 - Year of the Civilian!

Edited by svelte_corps

I have posted another 3 blurred photos.

2 city sets and 1 creators

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=358870

I used 1 megapixel built in camera.

Of course, the result of photo is not good.

Last few years, I always browsed the new sets which was posted by our LEGO fans in Bricklink and Eurobricks.

But this round, I had waited to see photo of new sets.

However, no photo was shown. So, I tried to search and shared with you.

I know all of us cannot wait for seeing new sets.

It is quite excited something we hope is going to shelves.

For 7641 City corner......

I am very sure the passenger alighting door is normal house door.

The inner seats are 2 seats in same row.

I believe it is a 6 studs wide vehicle.

This is 3rd time, LEGO launches bus model.

The 2nd time is soccer bus.

The 1st time was launched in 30 years ago.

I hope the openning door design can be similar like airplane.

Hopefully LEGO designer can change it.

Shop is a bicycle shop. Bicycle is still a red bicycle.

The last bicycle shop was launched in 1987, 20 years ago.

The model no is 6699.

I feel doubt.... the logo of bus stop is same with train......

The pizza shop has a lot of 1 x 4 x 6 windows

It has 2 roof windows.

But the building..... it is not nice.

I thought the design of building should not far away the standard of 10182 or 10185.

Or at least design is near to 6376 restaurant.

I am not sure it is a 3 storey level of building.

This set does not have any road plates.

Has road light, no traffic sign.

For 7642, the base plate is same with 7993 petrol station.

It is not fire station base plates.

You can also find out a new green container.

It is used to become a rubbish bin with recycle sign.

Vehicles are quite common.

For my view, this garage set should be another version of 6434 which was launched in 1999.

OF course, the design is better than Junior set.

I remembered I saw 6754 in Brickshelf before.

Not sure who posted it over there.

Nice model.

I found out a small pool and a duck (created by part).

Camper is a 6 studs wide.

Red bicycle and yellow board

This is 4th version of camper since 1984.

6694 - 1984

6590 - 1988

6351 - 1992

7639 - 2009 (in planned)

I also found some new torso assembly design in Agent sets.

Can be used as town folks in city set.

Edited by weelean

I have posted another 3 blurred photos.

The folder is not yet public - can you post links to individual images?

Might be a little earley caused by the blury picture. But the creator house is a big step back. Realy disapointing.

Love the tow trucks, dident like the workshop. But will buy and modify it. Love the buss buildings need a little touch up.

And a big big big dissapointment that it wont be a CC rollup this year, if the rumours are true.

Where did rumours about no CC style this year start? I thought it was always planned as a series of three - that's what Jamie Berard said. Market Street (although not exactly CC) is also the only Factory set not to have been clearanced, so I assumed they were selling well. We normally don't get pics until just before the March/ Easter release anyway - Lego didn't preannounce Green Grocer, it just appeared on S@H!

Return of the fruit tree! Yay!

The Creator house is a bit weird. Not as nice as the tan Town House or the Beach House. Red roof tiles and those horrible shutters - hmm. The scale is also a bit wrong looking.