Sign in to follow this  
The Middleman

How about Brickfest '06?

Hey all,

Chewie, yoda, and I were chatting about this earlier. The Europeans get to have their event in Windsor next year, so why not have the North Americans meet up at Brickfest '06? Looking at the costs from this year's Brickfest, it wouldn't be that bad at all. Hotel stay at Comfort Inn is $110 per night for any size room, and Brickfest entry is $60.

I could arrange to have a display table for Eurobricks, if people wanted to bring MOCs, or if we wanted to do a Moonbase-like project or something. If that were to happen, we'd probably meet up on Thursday, set up our MOCs (Thursday is the setup day), hang out, and then go to Brickfest on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, leaving Sunday evening. Brickfest usually happens around mid-August, to give you an idea of the timeframe.

I sent an e-mail to Comfort Inn regarding the limit of people per room, but I say, jam as many people in as we can. Talking it over with the guys, we decided a good number would be eight in the largest room possible. This would make it $41.25 per person for hotel stay for the three nights, or roundabouts, if we didn't mind sharing a room. Doesn't include meals, but that should be pretty cheap.

So, what say you, North Americans? Who's interested?

Summoning the ranks,

Bloody Jay

Brickfest has rules on the age of attendance. You may want to check into it more. I don't think you could make it happen so easily. Might be worth a try but something tells me it is not possible.

Maybe all the east coast people could do something similar anyway. Rent an area, host some brickwars, show off mocs in person, all these things could still be done. May be worth a try.

Needs to be in Georgia, cause I live here, and my parents wont take me to legoland. >:(