Rate this set  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Vote your opinion

• Poor
    • Below Average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • Outstanding

I love this set and I gave it "Outstanding".

Yes!

This IS the numero uno Star Wars set of 2008 (of the regular Star Wars sets)

So I finished building for the second time.... and this is AWESOME! I was actually originally going to buy RFT, but I remembered that KimT loved it. Hated it in TCW, loved it as Lego

This ship is so well designed by LEGO. I really love it.

Moreover, I thought the construction was rather interesting.

I think it is one of the best spaceship made by Lego (with the jedi starfighters of course).

I rated above average only because of the price and the only one minifig (they could have put a second pilot like we had e second Magna droid) but the ship itself deserves an outstanding :wub:

So I finished building for the second time.... and this is AWESOME! I was actually originally going to buy RFT, but I remembered that KimT loved it. Hated it in TCW, loved it as Lego

Soooo? Because I like the RFT and the V19, you decided not to?*huh*

I haven't seen The Clone Wars yet, so I wouldn't know wether to "hate" it there or not.

It's a great fighter tank and this is an even greater starfighter.

Except we had 2 Magnaguards because they work in pairs.

I wouldn't say "except".

That doesn't really explain why we only had one fig in a ship this size (and price).

Soooo? Because I like the RFT and the V19, you decided not to?*huh*

No one is understanding what I post today!

Edited by daxflame680

No one is understanding what I post today!

lol apparently not. I don't understand either.

Thanks for the good review. I actually just built this set this morning. Yes, it definitely has some weight to it! And, I, too, was disappointed that the center wing just sort of drooped in position.

Quite frankly, I found the build to be really disagreeable, and sometimes frustrating. My instructions seem to have bad coloration, so black pieces were colored gray. I actually thought I was missing pieces because I couldn't find the dark gray bits that were really the black bits. I also disliked the heavy technic aspect of the build. Of course, that seems to be a motif of the CW line, so I'll have to suffer, I suppose.

Aesthetically, I'm not pleased with the asymmetry of the center wing. I think that they should have created a two-sided design for that.

I know this is uncharacteristically gripey on my part, but this was the first set where I was relieved that the build was finally over. I think I've reached my technic pin limit.

Great review! I agree with you Tacitus. Sometimes the instructions are difficult to see the diference between black and dark grey. I had that problem building my Death Star few days ago. But talking about the V19, I love it!! :cry_happy: . The size of the ship it's almost minifig scale and the landing gear is great.

The only problem I saw, is if you want to set it on flight mode for expo, :hmpf: it doesn't stays firm. Does anyone has an idea how to set it that way?