Sign in to follow this  
MonkeyJay

[MOC] Classic Space X1 Patrol Craft 6861 modernized

Posted (edited)

Here is a version of the X1 Patrol Craft I did after applying the new Galaxy Explorer technics on it:

X1 B1 newX1 B2 new

And I did a full model, not just the outside but I checked the building:

X1 K

Edited by MonkeyJay
misstyping

Looks gorgeous! I wish we had that windscreen in trans green though.

Amazing! I supported it on Ideas as soon as I saw it. Thanks for posting a picture of the internals too, that'll make it so much easier to reverse engineer if I ever decide to build it myself.

Posted (edited)

Thanks everyone for your comments :-) No need for reverse engineering, I would be happy to share the model. I will never be able to build it myself, so if by any chance someone make it real, that would be amazing.

There would be other ships possible with a green windshield, that colour is Classic Space too, that would be nice to have it, I agree. By the way, I tried it blue yellow and grey, and it doesn't look nice at all ><

Edited by MonkeyJay

Excellent, you captured the soul of those old sets perfectly, while also adding a bit of unique flair with the green windshield, it evokes an air of this being an updated model, maybe modded out with parts bought second hand from a retired Space Police cruiser or something, very cool!

There's actually a few sets from the Classic Space era that are all grey with a green windshield.

There is the X1 Patrol Craft 6861 I used here, but there is the Heavy Payload Spacecraft 1968, Gamma V Laser Craft 6891, Solar Power Transporter 6952, Lunar Scout 1580, and the Alien Moon Stalker 6940 with two rockets that are not to launch satellites.

But having an updated ship with parts from others triggers a lot of ideas for my next models :-) Maybe a smuggler's craft they fixed/improved with what they could get theirs hands on. Sounds fun ^^

Posted (edited)

Ah that is true, I just recently started brushing up on Classic Space history since it's a little before my time (space police was my first theme I owned my own sets of,)I forgot about those sets you mentioned even though I just recently watched a review of the solar-powered base. Glad I could give you some inspiration either way!  I’d love to see you do something like this for Ice Planet in the future!

Edited by Space Coyote

9 hours ago, Space Coyote said:

I’d love to see you do something like this for Ice Planet in the future!

Ice Planet and Blacktron have a cool strong color set, there's definitively things I'd love to do there. I need to get the grasp of the shapes for them, I just can't visualize them yet.

But I have a full note book of sketches for Classic Space, so the rest will wait unless I need a change for a while ^^