The Reader

Mike - classic and modern

Posted (edited)

Mike - left the classic minifig from the 2000 Dino Island subtheme, right the modern version using the torso and hat from the newspaper boy from CMF series 24. The printed legs are from Pigsy from Monkie Kid.

0_0130

Edited by The Reader

Nice to see I'm not the only one who saw Adventurers' Mike in that newspaper boy!

@The Reader @Murdoch17 Yep, I, too, had essentially the exact same idea for my updated Adventurers characters.  I keep dreaming that some day (relatively soon) we will see more than character hints towards a remake or new addition to the Adventurers theme!  (Adventurers is one of my top favorite LEGO themes of all time)

Nice idea, I would like to see the whole gang.

I think that big part of updating characters is using new heads that have eyes with pupils. Face/head is the thing that initially focus our attention and for me that little white dots in eyes is what distinguishes "classic" and "modern" minifigs.

Also - there is new version of Johny Thunder coming this year in City sets! :D

Hello Mike! 

It’s a  great idea to use torso and hat from newspaper boy. I didn’t realize that torso and hat are more like Mike’s,, brilliant!

On 4/12/2024 at 12:06 AM, Murdoch17 said:

Nice to see I'm not the only one who saw Adventurers' Mike in that newspaper boy!

:grin: Thanks!

@Lion King and @Feuer Zug Thank you both!

On 4/12/2024 at 9:35 AM, BardDandelion said:

I think that big part of updating characters is using new heads that have eyes with pupils. Face/head is the thing that initially focus our attention and for me that little white dots in eyes is what distinguishes "classic" and "modern" minifigs.

Thanks! Yes, that's good point with the pupils. I also prefer heads which have a mouth in form of the classic grin.