After the price conversion, the rough estimate is these prices. $50 for Grievous fighter is more than 2X what we pay 2 years ago. Slave 1 and hoth wampa cave is pretty ridiclous too. I don't think we get the same amount from what we get in the hoth wampa cave vs hoth rebel base. Lego is getting really expensive now. :cry_sad:

LEGO 8093 Plo Koon’s Jedi Starfighter (~$24.99 USD / $34.99 CAD)

LEGO 8095 General Grievous' Starfighter (~$49.99 USD / $69.99 CAD)

LEGO 8096 Palpatine’s Shuttle (~$59.99 USD / $79.99 CAD)

LEGO 8097 Slave I (~$89.99 USD / $119.99 CAD)

LEGO 8098 Clone Turbo Tank (~$109.99-$119.99 USD / $139.99 CAD)

LEGO 8089 Hoth Wampa Cave (~$49.99 USD / $69.99 CAD)

Geej, this almost makes me want the SW line to end, so the stress of saving money for expensive LEGO can slow down a bit.

but then again, I don't really want the line to end.

My wal-mart is still bare for lego, non at all. :hmpf_bad:

Toys R Us is also almost completely bare except fo rthe Home one which was on sale.

After the price conversion, the rough estimate is these prices. $50 for Grievous fighter is more than 2X what we pay 2 years ago. Slave 1 and hoth wampa cave is pretty ridiclous too. I don't think we get the same amount from what we get in the hoth wampa cave vs hoth rebel base. Lego is getting really expensive now. :cry_sad:

The sets are definitely more expensive now, but the new Grievous fighter does come with much more minifigs than the 2007 version did, not to mention a drastically improved Greivous himself. And once again, you guys in the US still have it better than everyone else in the world, some of us are paying more than double what you are already.

How does $30 for the Swampspeeder become £30?

Currency conversion doesn't work just by changing the symbols. :sadnew:

The money has been taken from my bank account for the ARC Fighter, via Shop@Home UK. It's on back order but they've obviously got stock.

Not necessarily. I ordered a few the first day the new sets were up (the 28th December, I believe), and they took the money straight away. I only got the dispatch confirmation on the 4th, and they still haven't arrived thanks to this stupid snow. Even more annoyingly, I was told the box was out for delivery, a DHL van pulled up outside, and delivered to next door! Grrr.

As far as prices go, this is what always happens. Remember it's not just the conversion rates you have to take into account, but the standard of living. £30 will get you as far as $30 outside of Lego, if not further, so they take that into account. Remember they are a company, and still want to make a profit. No idea about other countries, but I imagine it's something similar. Other than Australia/New Zealand, they just got the short end of the stick whatever.

That's right^^^^^^^

Shop@home has done this to me too, if you order a backorder item, they take the moeny and ship it when it's available.

Well I ordered about 10 sets in total. I was charged for the 9 that were available and received them 4 days ago. I was not charged for the ARC. The ARC set was not on the invoice I received with the others.

They have now charged me for it, individually, so I can only assume that it will be on the way. It makes no sense to charge it separately.

Thanks. That's pretty much what I expected based on the Winter sets. Not much in there interested me, and the prices kind of reinforce that. I was expecting the Turbo Tank to be along the lines of the Republic Gunship, and I may I get that.

You know, I think everything there is fair and predictable except Greivous's fighter. It looks terrible, and the original one, more accurate in ship but only lacking minifigs was so much better. I am beginning to actually hate what TLG is doing with the Soulless One.

Plo's Fighter is only $5 more than Anakin's, as everything is these days. Palpy's shuttle seems big enough to be $50. The new Slave 1 appears to be huge! The Clone TUrbo tank is definitely large enough to be $120. Just like the RGS. And the Wampa cave, here's an equation: Speeder=$20. Cave=$20 SW License=$10 Add it all together and boom, $50!

I honestly can't see them charging $90 for the Slave-I. It's a mid-size ship like the Republic Attack Shuttle and Y-Wing, so I could see it pricing at $65-$70 US. But $90? There's just no way.

Not really. The ship was only piloted by one, but it was as long as two Delta JSF's and as tall as one sticking upward. That's pretty big. It might have had a really large cargo hold. From what I see the set is pretty huge. Maybe $70 is more around the dot, but if you think back to all Lego, everything is $5 more so just adding $20 to it is less than what it would normally be these days.

And I don't think we should complain. The Europeans really have the bad pricing!

And I don't think we should complain. The Europeans really have the bad pricing!

Thanks, Mr Legolas. I am living in Europe/Japan and find it a bit annoying that the US complains about their prices so often.

Example: 8039 Republic Cruiser 25,200 Yen = 273 US$

And no, times are over that we earn so much here in Japan. Crisis hit us hard.

Target stores in Australia are displaying the BP's, ARC-170, Freeco and Tri-Droid, their prices are equal to S@H.

But Luke's Landspeeder has been spotted by 'Hewman' at a TRU store and no where else.

Could this mean in some countries of the world TRU has the rights to sell Luke's Landspeeder ?

I'm almost concerned as all the stores in my area have been just empty of LEGO, adn I mean literally empty, even non-star wars sets aren't being replaced. We must be really low on the list of stores to get shipments.

I'm almost concerned as all the stores in my area have been just empty of LEGO, adn I mean literally empty, even non-star wars sets aren't being replaced. We must be really low on the list of stores to get shipments.

Things are the same here in Upstate NY. All Targets and Wal-Marts seem to have received one (or none!) shipments of the 2010 Legos, and they are not being replenished yet. Finding the TIE Defender is easy, but everything else (including the 2009 sets!) are rare.

If I remember January 2009, it was empty like this as well. I think stores start to seriously be restocked/replenished in February onwards.

8038 Endor back on UK S@H :classic:

and ordered as will likely go on backorder shortly :pir-tongue:

Edited by roxio

Things are the same here in Upstate NY. All Targets and Wal-Marts seem to have received one (or none!) shipments of the 2010 Legos, and they are not being replenished yet. Finding the TIE Defender is easy, but everything else (including the 2009 sets!) are rare.

If I remember January 2009, it was empty like this as well. I think stores start to seriously be restocked/replenished in February onwards.

That's exactly what i'm talking about, it's kind of ticking me off, I have lots of Christmas cash just waiting to be spent on LEGO's.

Its the same here in Canada. Empty Shelves of lego or the lego aisle is a mess with misplaced items or replaced with megabloks. Toysrus a bit better but still bare.

Same here in South Carolina too, so I would venture to say most places in North America are like this.

I did a quick price conversion into GBP and did some rounding up.

8093 - £20

8095 - £40

8096 - £60

8097 - £80

8098 - £110 (?!)

8089 - £40

Well, these suck...

Im hopefully getting the new sets tomorrow! Well five of them atleast. Its gonna be a whole day of building for me :grin:

TRU Oz stores are joining Target Oz stores in carrying 2010 Star Wars releases and both are selling at the same prices - same as S@H too.

TRU Oz stores are joining Target Oz stores in carrying 2010 Star Wars releases and both are selling at the same prices - same as S@H too.

This doesn't include exclusives, though, right? Also, does this mean that they are currently selling new sets? A week or so ago, I went looking for sets but with no luck.

Does anyone know when Luke's Landspeeder is released in Australia?

This doesn't include exclusives, though, right? Also, does this mean that they are currently selling new sets? A week or so ago, I went looking for sets but with no luck.

Does anyone know when Luke's Landspeeder is released in Australia?

In New Zealand its said to be around march. Im guessing it will probably be the same for Australia

Target usually is good about using the same price as Shop@home. Unfortunetaly my Target is STILL sold out of all LEGO except a big amount of Atlantis.

Hi!

I just wanted to let my fellow dutchmen know that I´ve found the new Star Wars sets in a Bart Smit today :cry_happy:

I assume they´ll appear in Intertoys etcetera as well now :sweet:

Enjoy the hunt! :grin:

CF W

In New Zealand its said to be around march. Im guessing it will probably be the same for Australia

I see. Hopefully it's not an exclusive or anything, I had an issue happen once with the Separatist Spider Droid set, since the nearest TRU isn't too accessible, I missed out on the set.

Target usually is good about using the same price as Shop@home. Unfortunetaly my Target is STILL sold out of all LEGO except a big amount of Atlantis.

At least your target got atlantis. Zellers here in Canada (equivlent of Target) has nothing :sad: .