stevendejong

Do these bricks lock ? :)

Posted (edited)

Hi all, can anyone tell me whether the two bricks below lock together? Also, if they do lock, does the dome move discretely or smoothly?

Thanks so much!

Question.png

Edited by stevendejong
image not shown :)

The normal top for this base is 30658 which has ribs that lock inside the ring and a center snap portion that goes into the hole of the base.

What is the part number for this dark tan piece? Look at the underside of both this part and 30658. You will see what is needed.

It should/ very likely will. I would just expect the gap at the edge to be slightly larger since there doesn't seem to be as much room under the edge of the dish for an airtight fit.

Mylenium

I can take a look tomorrow. I have both parts out in my build area, just not got time to look tonight :thumbup:

Physical check will be best (as Peppermint_M offered to test tomorrow), but I also checked those parts in Stud.io and they appear to have the exact same connection as the round 4x4 plate that merges with the base plate to make a turntable.  The top two compare your round brick to the round 4x4 plate in bottom view.  The bottom part of the image shows the 4x4 rounded brick merged with the 4x4 turntable base.

53630232341_15905df164.jpg

10 minutes ago, 1963maniac said:

Could someone please share the part number for that domed part. Thank you.

65138 (on Bricklink & Brickset that is)

4 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

IMG_20240404_175426.thumb.jpg.b4e7c2f3701f208fb53d74857a45298d.jpg

Fits and spins. :thumbup:

Thank you so much!

So, it doesn't lock? Would you say attaching something to the dish in vertical position would cause it to rotate (e.g. a gun turret)?

20 hours ago, Brickbuilder0937 said:

I just tested it and the pieces do clip together, and it spins freely.

Thanks so much. So, no friction?

Just now, stevendejong said:

So, it doesn't lock? Would you say attaching something to the dish in vertical position would cause it to rotate (e.g. a gun turret)?

Yes, it doesn't lock. It only spins freely. A vertical mounting would drop/rotate. 

A friction pin would slot into the pin hole and you could mount it to a technic brick/plate and tile combo. 

On 4/4/2024 at 11:13 PM, Peppermint_M said:

Yes, it doesn't lock. It only spins freely. A vertical mounting would drop/rotate. 

A friction pin would slot into the pin hole and you could mount it to a technic brick/plate and tile combo. 

That is a great idea. Thank you!

So... which part DOES actually lock with the 61684 turntable base? It seems only a brick that is no longer made does...?

4 hours ago, stevendejong said:

So... which part DOES actually lock with the 61684 turntable base? It seems only a brick that is no longer made does...?

This part is the main one that locks and it is still made.

61684 is not a part number. I don't mean to confuse everyone but, (from Bricklink) the two currently made 4x4 turntable parts that lock are: "Turntable 4 x 4 x 1 1/3 with Black Square Base, Locking (87081 / 61485)".

Posted (edited)

Oh, this reminded me to check, since I just got one in a used set.  The 68325 4x4 with recess also locks to the turntable base.

Edited by Stereo