Sign in to follow this  
BrickChampsCOM

[MOC] Who Bricked Roger Rabbit?

Posted (edited)

Hi everybody! It’s been a long time since I posted something. I would like to share my new creation: Who Bricked Roger Rabbit? It's an entry for the official LEGO IDEAS challenge: 80’s, If We Could Turn Back Time.

If you like it, please do leave a comment on the IDEAS page. Perhaps it will help this MOC to become an official set! Thank you
😊
https://ideas.lego.com/s/ca:c4a9d5091b4841668cf517ddeca9083f

So, let’s see some pics! First off, a little teaser poster to create some suspense…

53604952770_c6ff8d40a5_k.jpg

About the movie
This is a tribute to the movie Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988). I vividly remember seeing this movie in cinema with my dad. I was (and still am) blown away by the seamless blend of hand-drawn characters interacting with live-action. This was all achieved by a fantastic team of visionaries, combining live-action, animatronics and hand-drawn animation into a magic end result that has yet to be surpassed.

53480985131_84fbd7da0b_k.jpg

53475468965_f7e4b87270_k.jpg

53605630790_cde3506ab8_k.jpg

Roger Rabbit
Using the banana piece as the hair was a no-brainer. In fact, it was the piece that ignited the whole idea for this MOC. It took me several redesigns to make his pants look baggy enough. When I finished Roger, I was looking to add a fun accessory. Maybe a hammer? But then I remembered the funny handcuff scene with Eddie Valiant!
This build had some fun challenges. How do I make the hands? How do I make the bow tie (sorry folks, no yellow polka dots) and how do I attach it?
I'm very pleased with the final result. He looks so goofy!

Eddie:

“You mean you could've taken your hand out of that cuff at any time?”
Roger:
“No, not at any time, only when it was funny.”

53001400555_5226c0cd76_k.jpg

53610554618_e1503a3748_k.jpg

Benny the Cab
So, I decided to have a go at Benny the Cab again. I disposed of my old WIP and went back to the drawing board. The release of part 67810 in yellow (front hood) and part 68013 in black (eyes) gave me some new ideas for construction. I wanted my Benny MOC to accommodate my Roger Rabbit MOC and to roughly match the size of 71431 Bowser's Muscle Car. Benny carries a printed license plate on the back.
The biggest challenge here was how to fit Roger into the cab. I mean, his feet are so big! Luckily, an easy system allows you to split Roger into two and slip the upper half into the cab. Now you can choose to display Roger alongside or inside the cab!
I started this MOC by building Bennies big mouth first, as it is his most prominent feature!

Benny:

“Outta my way, pencil neck!”

53595052961_65ebdfab47_k.jpg

53594950663_c463a413a8_k.jpg

53596994580_c6297885fc_k.jpg

Th-th-th-that's all folks!

Edited by BrickChampsCOM

It wasn't very clear, is this on LEGO IDEAS?

On 3/28/2024 at 2:59 AM, MAB said:

It wasn't very clear, is this on LEGO IDEAS?

Yes, it is. He posted a link in the top of the post.

Posted (edited)

@Max_Lego @JeanGreyForever @Arapocalypse
Thanks for your comments! I had lots of fun creating this MOC.

@MAB @Murdoch17
Yeah, sorry about the logos. So here's a picture without them! Benny roughly matches the size of Bowser's Muscle Car. I think they display very nicely together.

If you like it, please do leave a comment on the IDEAS page. Perhaps it will help this MOC to become an official set! Thank you 😊
https://ideas.lego.com/s/ca:c4a9d5091b4841668cf517ddeca9083f

53618177021_64dc8e8cea_k.jpg

Edited by BrickChampsCOM