Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

[Rockwail HSS] Master Jeweler's shop

Posted (edited)

[HSS] Master Jeweler's shop

In the middle of Rockwail stands one of the very few jeweler shops that exist in Nocturnus. Jewelry is not all that popular in the Darklands, at least not the fancy kind. Decorated armour and weaponry, on the other hand, is valued a lot more by Nocty's populace. However, even in the land of monsters and barbarians there are individuals with taste — and Rockwail's Master Jeweler is there to cater to that clientele! 

53593612036_283921f442_b.jpg

One such individual with exquisite taste happened to be paying Rockwail a visit:
Lady Sithanna of Shadowmere. Fortunately for her, it was an informal visit. It had been while since she last crossed Rockwail... 15 years, perhaps 55 years? Vampire naps can really mess with one's memory and perception of time! Obviously some things had changed in the city, but she was relieved to find 'her' jewelry shop still around. She paused in front of the shop window. It was almost exactly as she remembered it, but the window was now modernized with large glass panes. She looked at the elegant golden necklace was on display. "That glass wouldn't stop me from taking it, if I wanted to.", she thought. Perhaps the shop had a new owner, since the jeweler she knew was very protective over his wares. Or perhaps security in the city had gotten tighter? Whichever was the case, she was eager to have a look inside.

53592869637_2d6b2a428f_b.jpg

Inside was Heinrigh, the Master Jeweler, tending to a customer. 

53593931949_46826649dc_b.jpg

Heinrigh
"I think this one suits you particularly well, Madam. The colour of the stone complements your dress very nicely. I also have a broche you could try on, I think that would
—  Hello, yes come in! Oh my... Lady Sithanna!"

53592738132_8ecd2d4201_b.jpg

Lady Sithanna
"Heinrigh! It brings me joy to see you! How have you been?"

Yeah... that must have been at least 30 years! One more nap and she might not have spoken Heinrigh ever again... 

---
A little later than planned, but I enjoyed working on this build and I rather like how this turned out. :classic: I'm particulary happy with the 55-piece display cabinet, and the shop window which I've had as a tablescrap for close to two years. I tried to find out what kind of equipment a medieval jewelry maker would have on hand, but couldn't find much all that much online, so I greebled a bit. Let me know what you think, I appreciate your comments and criticism! 

Edited by Exetrius

Great building - and the shot with the mirrored plate is great.  The 1x2 dark bley arches sticking out is a neat technique.

On 3/19/2024 at 3:33 PM, jtooker said:

Great building - and the shot with the mirrored plate is great.  The 1x2 dark bley arches sticking out is a neat technique.

Thank you! Great that you caught that!