Sign in to follow this  
Sympatik Brick

[Freebuild] The Kolgaris

My long-held dream of creating a Minifigure series exclusively with "Lego Elves" hairstyles finally found its spark with the "Magical Minifigures" contest! This collection introduces you to several key members of the Kolgaris, a civilization infused with potent magic.

Kolgaris

From the left to the right:

Opalina is an adventurous water warrior who travels the world's rivers and shores in search of water spirits to further her magical knowledge

Opalina

Asha is the high priestess of fire and the city's protective guardian. She is kind and warm to her people, but her power would prove destructive to anyone daring to defy the Kolgaris.

Asha

Aria is a scribe, translator and archivist... she ensures the power of the Kolgaris in the future by constantly adding to the collection of magical works in the great library.

Aria

Oklada is Asha's elder sister, more of a recluse by nature, she is adept at hypnosis and mentalism, and regularly isolates herself to study vacuum magic. This is certainly the most powerful of magics, but also the most difficult and dangerous to master.

Oklada

Medeia is both the guardian of the city gates and Oklada's loyal disciple and friend. She makes sure her friend doesn't get caught up in the void she's trying to control.

Medeia

It wasn't easy to find sources of information and inspiration about the sunken city and its inhabitants.

So my inspiration was mainly drawn from this post 

Edited by Sympatik Brick

A better choice of forum area for sure !

Very nice display of elven minifigs... Clever "show of magic" too. Love all those ustensil/furniture.

Spoiler

@Sympatik Brick : J'aime pas les picpics !:pir-sick: Tu ferais pas la même chose avec des nains ? :pir-love:

Some great parts usage here.  The elves theme had some great parts.  These figs look great and some nice side builds and staffs to go with them. Some really nice combinations of colors and uses of torsos from different themes to create these.  I use those hairpieces and hoods for my Moon Elves and other elf factions.  

Very nice!  You did a great job using the Elves parts, as well as keeping within the Kolgari theme from Varlyrio.  Are a few of those shield decorations custom? I don't recognize them.  Look out @Aurore, I think you have another minifig builder on the horizon!

I didn't realize these elves hair pieces went so well on minifigures!  Really nice figs.

On 2/13/2024 at 9:20 PM, Professor Thaum said:

A better choice of forum area for sure !

Very nice display of elven minifigs... Clever "show of magic" too. Love all those ustensil/furniture.

Hide contents

@Sympatik Brick : J'aime pas les picpics !:pir-sick: Tu ferais pas la même chose avec des nains ? :pir-love:

I appreciate the variety of dwarf minifigures, but it can be frustrating that some helmets and beards don't fit together, even though they seem like they should visually. The beard often hides the torso details and limits creative customization. Additionally, the short legs of dwarves are rarely printed, which further reduces customization options. Fortunately, the creation of weapons (axes, maces, etc.) remains, which can allow for a great deal of freedom of expression!

On 2/14/2024 at 1:16 AM, zoth33 said:

Some great parts usage here.  The elves theme had some great parts.  These figs look great and some nice side builds and staffs to go with them. Some really nice combinations of colors and uses of torsos from different themes to create these.  I use those hairpieces and hoods for my Moon Elves and other elf factions.  

Thank you! I wish I had a much wider selection of these colors, but I'm really happy with how it's turning out.

On 2/18/2024 at 5:44 PM, Grover said:

Very nice!  You did a great job using the Elves parts, as well as keeping within the Kolgari theme from Varlyrio.  Are a few of those shield decorations custom? I don't recognize them.  Look out @Aurore, I think you have another minifig builder on the horizon!

I am a Lego purist and all the parts here are from the Lego Group! I built these shields using a round shield, a dish, and a 1x1 round tile.

I am flattered by the comparison with @Aurore and I am not surprised that she is a reference for so many people!   I indeed took advantage of our collaboration during Brickscalibur to ask her for two or three opinions on these creations.   The collaboration also led us to exchange some pieces and that's how I was able to get this magnificent magenta dress for Asha (originally belonging to Dumbledore).

15 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

I didn't realize these elves hair pieces went so well on minifigures!  Really nice figs.

Yes, all of the friends'/elves' hairpieces fit on classic minifigures. A few 'Disney princess' hairstyles can offer some nice combinations.

Edited by Sympatik Brick