Main Street Mafia 3 - Conclusion

wX6NzJX.png

Main Street Mafia 3 -- Conclusion

q7lpzHj.jpeg

"Well, looks like it's just the three of us left!"

"Not quite."

k9e7RN1.jpeg

Bang!

"Oh no!" Jerry said. "I should have suspected there couldn't be two cops in a game with only six people!"

rzgdCFv.jpeg

"Ha, ha, ha." Don Julio said, as he arrived on the scene. "You really should have."

3hjbZpK.jpeg

Congratulations to the winners, Lily (Tariq j) and Sam (Duvors) as the mafia! With a parity, they have won the game.

7ZqTYjD.png

Parity cop is something used in the small in-person games I play, so I figured I'd try it out here. I think it worked out well! I'd like to use it again.

---

Players (2)
qtaYr5t.jpg
Jerry -- Played by mostlytechnic (Town)
z0sKzd2.jpg
Lily -- Played by Tariq j (Mafia)

Dead (4)
pE82y1R.jpg
Robert -- Played by KotZ (Town)
UjJrcSp.jpg
Sam -- Played by Duvors (Mafia)
Kk8ZXWs.jpg
Phil -- Played by Classic_Spaceman (Town)
9xPjAHT.jpg
Heather -- Played by Shadows (Town)

So, who is next to host? I'll frontpage the next game because I can do that now. 

Ah, darn. 

Yeah, I realized too late that if we were wrong, we'd lose since the scum would nightkill a townie and it'd be 1:1. I almost convinced myself that Lily had to be the liar (2 cops was just too much) but didn't. Partially because I really DID find a game setup on mafiascum called the Yoguraimee C9, which is 7 players (2 cops, 1 doc, 2 vanilla town, 2 scum). I figured maybe Bob watered down one of the cops to parity cop since we only had 6 people. 

I also for some reason didn't really put much thought into why no scum kill night 2, but that's good since it was an unexpected vest that I didn't know I had :) If I HAD known, I probably would have guessed that they tried to kill me and maybe played day 2 and 3 a little different, like claimed right away day 3 with the info I knew. 

It's been ages since I've played a Mafia game, so I was seriously rusty. There's no way I should have fallen for that cop claim. Tariq, any particular reason you claimed to have investigated Shadows? That's really what did it - since I'd checked him out too, I fell for your claim way more than I should have. I feel like 6 is a tough way to play. It was way too quiet since there weren't many people, which means not much to actually go on or make accusations from. Normally by the time a game is down to 6 people, there's been days and days of talk to go over.

Also, for what it's worth, I thought my parity cop role was fun but had the potential to be SUPER swingy in a game this small. Basically I learned nothing night 1, and then on night 2 I could potentially win the game if I happened to investigate the right people. In this case, I DID investigate one of the scum, but it was the one we lynched. If I'd only investigated Tariq instead of shadows (and I almost did) we would have won since I've have caught him. Oh well. 

Tariq and Duvors, congrats! And Classic_Spaceman, sorry we killed you by mistake, but you were fun to have around. I think you did the best character roleplay in the game. 

Good game everyone! 

Duvors told me to claim Cop/Investigator if anyone asked before he died, which I guess no one did but it was the only thing I could say to try and save myself. Funnily enough, the cop is one of the main roles I’ve never played on EB. 

3 hours ago, mostlytechnic said:

Tariq, any particular reason you claimed to have investigated Shadows? That's really what did it - since I'd checked him out too, I fell for your claim way more than I should have. I feel like 6 is a tough way to play. It was way too quiet since there weren't many people, which means not much to actually go on or make accusations from. Normally by the time a game is down to 6 people, there's been days and days of talk to go over.

It was a mix between a random guess and the voting patterns on Day 2. Since Shadows was the first vote on Duvors I figured it would be easier to try and convince people that Duvors had told Classic_Spaceman to hammer the lynch. Yeah, it was tough playing with only 6 people since by that point in the game we have a lot more to process. 

My kill coming back as unsuccessful on night 2 REALLY threw me off because I thought one of you three had blocked me (or possibly protected Mostlytechnic), but then MT claimed parity cop and Shadows didn’t mention anything so I convinced myself that Classic_Spaceman was the blocker and I was thinking of ways I could spin it if he came on and said he blocked me. 

It was great to play some mafia and it would be nice to get this section of the forum active again. Sorry for getting you killed Classic_Spaceman but I echo MT’s thoughts, you role play was good and I hope you stick around for more games.

I'm not sure how you pulled off avoiding being lynched on Day Three. I honestly thought that was it for you.

I wouldn't have imagined that a 6 player game could be quite that hard for the town, reduced to making a single mistake in a game with no source of reliable information, especially after a previous successful lynch, but here we are. Congrats to Tariq j and Duvors.

Hope we see more games in the future with larger participation. A big Mafia revival would be amazing.

Dang, nice job, scum team!

On 2/10/2024 at 9:44 PM, Shadows said:

Hope we see more games in the future with larger participation. A big Mafia revival would be amazing.

Agreed! I'm willing to host another game, but I was hoping someone else could. It's been a long long time since I've actually played instead of hosted.

Sign in to follow this