Sign in to follow this  

Hello.

I have a question. How to restore the black color on 1x2 plate with ladder pieces 4175?

It seems some of those black pieces start to look white with time. I tried soap and ithe whitening t gets worst.

Thanks.

You can't. Some of those 4175s are made from a softer plastic (poly whatever) like the 4085 clips. Those tend to fray at the edges, hence the white look

I very much dislike them!

So far it seems it's mostly the non-black versions though. I have a hard time getting proper ones in white

Just ask a seller on BL with a decent stock to pick the hard ones (regular ABS) for you :thumbup:

Cheers,

Ole

If you are going to black, RIT dye can be used to dye the parts. It works with other colours but colour matching is hard.

However, given the price of them, just buy replacement used ones!

Mothers Back to Black. It’s designed for car enthusiasts so you can’t get it in small bottles, but that’s the stuff you’re after. It doesn’t just work on black parts by the way.

48 minutes ago, AmperZand said:

Mothers Back to Black. It’s designed for car enthusiasts so you can’t get it in small bottles, but that’s the stuff you’re after. It doesn’t just work on black parts by the way.

Thank you so much.