Sign in to follow this  
Petric_G

GoH 11: Surprise at the Cattle Market

Grûny was once again successful on the wild goat hunt. In the borderland between Kaliphlin and Nocturnus, he has found one. Now he makes his way to the cattle market to sell them at a high price or even to weigh them up with gold, as he has done the last few times. He doesn't understand why these goats are so popular, but he's still happy when there's gold.

53501947738_5a82bacbe3_c.jpg

But what does he see when he drives up to the cattle market? There are actually TWO goats in the pen. Are the golden goat years over now?

53501968796_3aaea9512a_c.jpg

------

I read about this contest two days ago and was on fire to do (after Years) a build fore GoH. So I seat down and did this quick build. I hope you like it :-)

That whip "roof" over the pen is pretty neat!  I wonder how hard it'd be to build an entire hut like that... 

Fun storyline too :head_back:

Goat is only 2 letters away from gold, you've got that right! Profitable hunt for sure

That's a pretty cool build and it's nice to see a GoH build from you :pir-huzzah2:! I love the use of that star wars animal. What a cool idea! I actually have no idea how this beast is called or where it comes from... is it even from star wars? The hut looks also nice. Brick on! 

On 2/5/2024 at 10:40 PM, Kai NRG said:

That whip "roof" over the pen is pretty neat!  I wonder how hard it'd be to build an entire hut like that... 

Fun storyline too :head_back:

Thanks! The Whipe Roof was planed more round and smooth, but i haven‘t had enought „nerves“

On 2/8/2024 at 12:17 AM, Puvel said:

Goat is only 2 letters away from gold, you've got that right! Profitable hunt for sure

;-)

On 2/10/2024 at 12:41 PM, Simon_S said:

That's a pretty cool build and it's nice to see a GoH build from you :pir-huzzah2:! I love the use of that star wars animal. What a cool idea! I actually have no idea how this beast is called or where it comes from... is it even from star wars? The hut looks also nice. Brick on! 

Thanks Simon! Yes the Gungan Animal is from Star Wars. 

What a great story! I like the allusion to the Lego goat rarity. :roflmao: The use of the SW beast is very clever and fits well with the orcs and in to the Nocturnus/Kali border.  I like the 2 pic theme, one sparse so the wagon is highlighted, the second with a nice irregular border and muted colors.  You did a nice job keeping the animals off of the 90 degree stud lines, and the minis are posed well and explain what's going on without dialog, which is great.  Well done!