Aurore

[Freebuild] Winter in the Enchanted Forest

My entry for Brickscalibur's "Enchanted Forest" category.

And a glimpse of how winter can look like deep in the Enchanted Forest of Avalonia, where the elusive Tellurites live peacefully in their crystal caves...

53446841640_9da4890346_b.jpg

53445504117_9350d43f58_c.jpg

53446429446_d25f752f2a_c.jpg

53446841570_6c5c57f846_c.jpg

53446563388_d250e4c8fa_c.jpg

53448797545_8ca635c42e_c.jpg

Close-up photos in the hidden section below.

Spoiler

53446429441_0921ebe808_b.jpg

53445504157_d7a370ae1d_b.jpg

53446745869_3a626a47b1_b.jpg[

The cast! 

53446429331_d2005176b8_b.jpg

Edited by Aurore

The tree designs look great especially with the large claw pieces.  The snow looks really good and I like the icicles around the build.  The interior of the cave looks great with those trans blue pieces and the trans pink plants.  The figs look great too.  I really need to pick up a bunch of those bodies from the Dreamzzz line they are going to be so useful for custom figs.  

I just love that little sled!!  These tiny figures make for really fun enchanted forest people too.  And the snow-covered foliage is quite well done, though I'm not totally sold on the yellow and light yellow, I think green would have felt more natural and maybe played better with the blue too.  But those transparent ferns in the cave look so good!

@zoth33 Thank you very much for this detailed feedback! I absolutely agree you need those Dreamling bodies, they are awesome. :wink: I hope they'll come soon in a bunch of interesting prints for fantasy MOCs!

@Kai NRG Thank you so much! Your feedback regarding the yellow foliage is particularly interesting, as the reasons I chose these colours are precisely to be somewhat realistic and to play with the blue tones:
- r
egarding the "natural" part, having so much snow when birch leaves are still green seemed off regarding the Avalonian climate. Besides, I really love the look of birch trees when they still have their autumn leaves and the first snow comes.
- and regarding the "aesthetics" part, I aimed at contrast with the blue crystals and aqua Tellurites.
Like they say, tastes and colours...:wink:

(Eye candy below)

Spoiler

:wub_drool:

21620a4851bc2d0bb97da24911eea3c6--aspen-

Edited by Aurore
typo

I didn't think about them being birch trees, I agree green doesn't make sense in that case.  Given how much snow there is here though, it didn't feel like a first snowfall to me, but then, I don't live in a snowy climate and I've rarely if ever seen it snow while fall colors are still around, so that's probably why it strikes me as odd!  Certainly it look gorgeous in that picture :grin:

On 1/26/2024 at 9:35 AM, Aurore said:

@zoth33 Thank you very much for this detailed feedback! I absolutely agree you need those Dreamling bodies, they are awesome. :wink: I hope they'll come soon in a bunch of interesting prints for fantasy MOCs!

@Kai NRG Thank you so much! Your feedback regarding the yellow foliage is particularly interesting, as the reasons I chose these colours are precisely to be somewhat realistic and to play with the blue tones:
- r
egarding the "natural" part, having so much snow when birch leaves are still green seemed off regarding the Avalonian climate. Besides, I really love the look of birch trees when they still have their autumn leaves and the first snow comes.
- and regarding the "aesthetics" part, I aimed at contrast with the blue crystals and aqua Tellurites.
Like they say, tastes and colours...:wink:

(Eye candy below)

Reveal hidden contents

:wub_drool:

21620a4851bc2d0bb97da24911eea3c6--aspen-

I have 3 from the dream village set which is nice little set with some fun details.  But definitely need some more of the dreamling bodies in all 3 colors, getting some in my next PAB order.  I agree about having some with prints I"m planning on using the little green ones for some small forest sprites.   I have a bunch of those heads from Hidden side too.  Good luck on Brickscalibur also.