SuperSquidman

Has Anyone Made A Purist USS Enterprise-type Ship W/ LEGO Space Factions?

I’ve been thinking about making my own USS Enterprise/Voyager-type ship with figures using the Futuron torsos, as with certain changes I think they’ll be most fitting for Star Trek-type outfits.

Have any of you done something like this, thought about it, or know of someone that has? I think it would be quite neat and all the detail that one could fit in to the bridge with all the space and technology pieces over the years would be fun to make and play with, along with making one’s own crew.

There are also figures that lend themselves to being different species that could be encountered, such as the CMF Series 9 Alien Avenger or the Series 8 Evil Robot, and older space factions/subthemes such as Insectoids and UFO.

Edited by SuperSquidman

That's a fun topic for sure!  I've tinkered with exactly that in my spare time for a few years now- using the Futuron torsos as stand-ins for roughly TNG-era Federation uniforms, and ditto on using "alien" minifig parts from various other themes for different species in my crews.  Also, the Elves hair pieces with molded ears for Vulcans!

I replaced the Starfleet delta with the Classic Space logo on pennants and other Starfleet insignia as part of the mashup.  Here's a quick example from a Runabout I built:

53473169232_7149101734_z.jpgRunabout Classic Space Starfleet Pennant Mashup Example by deraven, on Flickr

7 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

This fairly recent topic has one made from UFO parts made by user zack-ta... it's very nice!

Thank you for posting that— it’s very nice indeed!

6 hours ago, deraven said:

That's a fun topic for sure!  I've tinkered with exactly that in my spare time for a few years now- using the Futuron torsos as stand-ins for roughly TNG-era Federation uniforms, and ditto on using "alien" minifig parts from various other themes for different species in my crews.  Also, the Elves hair pieces with molded ears for Vulcans!

I replaced the Starfleet delta with the Classic Space logo on pennants and other Starfleet insignia as part of the mashup.  Here's a quick example from a Runabout I built:

53473169232_7149101734_z.jpgRunabout Classic Space Starfleet Pennant Mashup Example by deraven, on Flickr

This is a really neat endeavor! And using the different alien heads and pieces available can provide lots of color! If you ever feel like posting more I’d be curious to see it

An issue I encounter is: do I make just a bridge with the rest of the ship as a smaller-scale attachment and separate playsets for other areas, or do I try to make a full, minifigure-scale ship so that way when a character leaves the bridge to go somewhere else there is a seamless transition and not me taking them from one play-set to another— which isn’t bad, but thinking about it does diminish it slightly for me

I have made a Classic Space Enterprise a few times, of various ones. Here is my Enterprise E:

51442236119_7bd2d86611.jpgLL- 1707 Enterprise E by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

Enterprise A:

24886252505_4dc865a7de.jpgLL 1701 Enterprise by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

Enterprise C:

35767346435_4a48676e55.jpgLL-1701 Enterprise C by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

And a Reliant as well!

25589933697_26f0832d6e.jpgLL-1864 Reliant by Elephant-Knight, on Flickr

My brother also has an excellent Starfleet Voyager/ USS Voyager mashup:

49385781106_c956222b98.jpgLL Starfleet Voyager by Onvermel, on Flickr

And he also has an Enterprise:

49391829351_843f44fef4.jpgLL Enterprise by Onvermel, on Flickr

(I also have this very old Blacktron one as you may expect from me. But as I said, it's old.)

EKnight

Edited by Elephant Knight

5 hours ago, Elephant Knight said:

I have made a Classic Space Enterprise a few times, of various ones. Here is my Enterprise E:

Those are awesome mashups between the Star Trek models and a functional Classic Space ship.
Can't see the very old Blacktron one, your link just reloads this thread.

14 hours ago, JesseNight said:

Those are awesome mashups between the Star Trek models and a functional Classic Space ship.
Can't see the very old Blacktron one, your link just reloads this thread.

Thank you. Link fixed!

EKnight

Yeah that Enterprise E is amazing indeed! All that interior and even a working shuttle on that size! You've got some guts putting it on the edge of the table for that deflector dish picture :grin:
And totally offtopic, I absolutely love your HMS Redoubtable too!

I'd seen most of those builds before on Flickr, but it's always nice to see them again. Those crossovers really shine. Do you have any plans to do another ST/CS crossover anytime soon?