Well i was get today a crazy idea to make the "popular" 42164 in bigger scale i was browsing today pieces for this model on pick a brick on lego i wanted somekind of theme for this i first thinked lime and orange but then i didnt find the right bodypanels on those colors but founded them on black and red and luckily(att least now) the body panels for this on lego pick a brick are almost all mismatched(red and black) so thats where i created the name dune/off-road ladybuggy so i ordered the pieces and now i wait for them so the consept tilt steering gearbox 4 speed hopefully. one seat in middle steering wheel right wheel drive like on 42164 and i will use the zetros wheel hub for the right wheel to speed up the gear ratio and boxer 4 sylinder engine and adjustable independent rear suspension so i have thinked in my head a basic consept for the rear axel so the left and right wheel hubs are different and also differently attached and the gearbox is connect straight to right wheel side aways i just have to think how to connect the red switches to the side aways gearbox pieces so the pieces should be in here in a month so wish me luck 

Could you please type this in a way that's a bit easier to read by using sentences or paragraphs?

2 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Could you please type this in a way that's a bit easier to read by using sentences or paragraphs?

Im sorry for this i dont know where to use these i have reading disorder so i try my best to put dots but i dont know where to put Commas in the text and im bad at my english writing skills i speak good but type badly because im not english speaker sorry

Then I suggest relying more on images than writing, and writing just shorter comments. Starting a topic without anything to show or any actual progress just a written idea is kind of pointless anyway. It may be more useful to post when you have reached some milestone.

51 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Then I suggest relying more on images than writing, and writing just shorter comments. Starting a topic without anything to show or any actual progress just a written idea is kind of pointless anyway. It may be more useful to post when you have reached some milestone.

Ok im new to here and i dont know fully this so i just wanted to set my goals in here and maybe get some help because i dont know how to use any kind of 3d modeling software and im kind of beginner level mocer while i have done this my full time i learnet my first 4 speed gearbox in 2020 before that i was builded some mocs about 10 years and still im learning how to build good gearbox

Do you mean to say your model is only going to have the right wheel(s) driven? That's probably not great for handling, but it would also be a very unusual solution, and I'd be interested to see such an asymmetrical build!

You're doing fine. Just put your commas and periods where you would if you were writing Finnish.

48 minutes ago, 1963maniac said:

You're doing fine. Just put your commas and periods where you would if you were writing Finnish.

Yes but i dont know where to put those because i have reading disorder 

8 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Do you mean to say your model is only going to have the right wheel(s) driven? That's probably not great for handling, but it would also be a very unusual solution, and I'd be interested to see such an asymmetrical build!

Yes this model is only gonna have right back wheel driving just like original 42164 thanks for you interest i love bold colors inside so this model will have a lot of bright colors inside and on chassis

42164 has only one wheel drive, as it just needs to run that fake engine, and differential won't fit good in that scale.

18 minutes ago, Jurss said:

42164 has only one wheel drive, as it just needs to run that fake engine, and differential won't fit good in that scale.

Yes and this will have that one wheel drive wich runs the gearbox and boxer 4 engine 

It is not trabant :) , it seems, that you have possibility to fit differential in that scale.

https://pin.it/7pJ7FtI

https://pin.it/5MRupQW

Steering system consept i first wanted to use gears and gearracks but the steering radius was like on a massive cargo ship so i had to use Linkages

10 minutes ago, Jurss said:

It is not trabant :) , it seems, that you have possibility to fit differential in that scale.

Yes i know i can maybe install that but this has theme its ladybug colored and themed(not the children cartoon show but the real life animal) so this will have mismatched color(black and red) so why not mismatched drivedrain as well and the inspiration model 42164 has also one wheel drive and i ordered this to have mismatched wheelhubs(red and black)

And compared this to 42164 this steering system relies on back independent suspension i watched the instructions of the 42164 and it seems that 42164 rear suspension connection to chassis is tiltable because that dont have independent suspension so i have to make this suspension not too soft and not too hard but i will use red and black hard spring on back and maybe make this model slightly heavy and this model has around 1500pcs and maybe this has a really basic return to centre function because of the rear independent suspension 

Next step was how big the gearbox should be/how much room i have on rear axle and its about 7 studs so i have to think how im gonna make good 4 speed gearbox in there and im not good at desinging gearboxes now i just wait for the parts order that i can start propely make some consepts and i maybe have to put the red switches to underneath the car because again im not good gearbox desinger 

https://pin.it/6pZKFfR

https://pin.it/4FZhO8C

https://pin.it/4kPnI4Y

Well after few trial and errors i managed the rear axle and lower the pieces so the suspension system would be strong and i ditched the boxer 4 idea (sorry vw beetle and porsche fans) and i builded straight 4 engine wich was more compact and now this does not have space for differential as planned so this will only have one wheel drive now i just wait for the gearbox pieces

Isn't it possible to paste from pinterest somehow, that pictures embed? There is good specific lego pictures service bricksafe.com .

1 minute ago, Jurss said:

Isn't it possible to paste from pinterest somehow, that pictures embed? There is good specific lego pictures service bricksafe.com .

Well call me old fashioned i havent use bricksafe and i use pinterest daily so i will use pinterest 

00a37f381a502a2e063fe86e08c91df5.jpg

It is. Just copy image link from right click, and paste it here, don't use some original pinterest linkg or something like that.

Just now, Jurss said:

It is. Just copy image link from right click, and paste it here, don't use some original pinterest linkg or something like that.

Well i have only phone i dont have pc so does this work on phone

On android I was not able to get the link to jpg.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/00/a3/7f/00a37f381a502a2e063fe86e08c91df5.jpg

In fact it is possible to get to link, but somehow from phone it does not embed.

tried one more time, and it embeded

Anyway it is not straight forward

1. You need to open pinterest in browser
  2. Switch that browser to computer mode in options
  3. There is not offered "copy image link" when holding longer on picture, but first needs to be selected "open in new tab"
  4. Then it is possible to copy link with .jpg