Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

2 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The fact that Luigi's pizzaria was unironically suggested still blows my mind.

You're gonna look like an idiot when the 200€ D2C is revealed to be that

57 minutes ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Is the $200 set definitely a "black box" D2C set? …

It’s not releasing alongside the regular wave, so it’s probably D2C. Then again, the set’s number is way higher than the rest which implies it was rushed through production, for some unknown reason.

Just now, PGBQW said:

This is not happening. I understand that was a joke, but still...

1 minute ago, PGBQW said:

I hope we get Luigi. Been waiting since Batman sets first hit shelves in 2006 for him to finally get his due.

It was no JOKE? The POINT was that we could get locations from Gotham City.

There was a bank? Rocket station. Pizzeria Car. Gate for power plant. Actually I have to check out all the sets. Are there any other locations than 3...

1.) Wayne Manor

2.) Batcave

3.) Arkham Asylum

Omg you’re totally right watch it be a buildable batarang and a stand and no figures. We set our expectations too high again 

2 minutes ago, BatDeanj said:

Omg you’re totally right watch it be a buildable batarang and a stand and no figures. We set our expectations too high again 

Yeeaah! Again, let's expect the WOOORST! 

1822 pieces on a buildable Batarang? Lego must be as crazy as they say

Posted (edited)

Batcave (8)

2006, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2022, 2023, 2024

Arkham Asylum (4) 

2006, 2013, 2017, 2019

Jokerland (3)

2012, 2015, 2017

Other

Bank: 2012, Diamond shop: 2017, Gate: 2013, 2016, 2017, Space port: 2017

Edited by legoturtle

Posted (edited)

3 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Well the point was that we could get buildings, streets, locations from Gotham City. Well at least we got the art set where we can see a lot of different buildings.

Yes, but they're all tiny parts of a skyline that's also an art set. It's a far cry from a modular building based on a location that's been a sticker on one set and isn't actually part of the batman canon.

4 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Is the $200 set definitely a "black box" D2C set?

I believe it is indeed a D2C. It's always possible it'll be some sort of modular, but the most likely scenario is that it's a buildible bat-vehicle.

3 hours ago, PGBQW said:

I'll take my chances, we all know it'll be the tower of fate.

2 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Bank: 2012, Diamond shop: 2017, Gate: 2013, 2016, 2017, Space port: 2017

These were almost all side builds in sets with the main build being something else, not to mention that they've gotten substantially smaller over the years and then disappeared entirely after 2017.

Besides, there are plenty of actually relevant locations like Arkham that we can, should, and would get before generic buildings. If you want some generic banks/stores/etc, just buy city modulars! 

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I‘d be happy with either of those two :laugh: A good third option would be a UCS 60‘s Batmobile, with an updated Robin.

As long as it‘s not a remake of the Burtmobile, I‘m fine with whatever they‘ve cooked up and dare to serve us :laugh_hard:

I'm trying to be realistic but not cynical. Worst case scenario it's some sort of poorly-constructed buildable object with no figures, and best case scenario it's something from the wider DC universe.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

I wonder which of the minifigs in that Gotham art set will remain exclusive to it? Or will Lego eventually reuse them in smaller sets?

Well it depends how many BTAS sets we get. MAYBE we won't get many BUT could this be a small commercial for Batman: Caped Crusader. TLG looks how people react animation series. They look what people think about BOX and ART ... both very unique ideas.

4 hours ago, hikouki said:

I wonder which of the minifigs in that Gotham art set will remain exclusive to it? Or will Lego eventually reuse them in smaller sets?

We’re getting Batman, Harley Quinn, and Joker in sets later this year, and probably those versions, so it seems only Catwoman will remain exclusive.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Well it depends how many BTAS sets we get. MAYBE we won't get many BUT could this be a small commercial for Batman: Caped Crusader. TLG looks how people react animation series. They look what people think about BOX and ART ... both very unique ideas.

I don't understand why you keep talking about Batman: Caped Crusader as if it's going to be released anytime soon.

People buying BTAS sets would have no effects on us getting Caped Crusader sets.

Edited by PGBQW

59 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

I don't understand why you keep talking about Batman: Caped Crusader as if it's going to be released anytime soon.

People buying BTAS sets would have no effects on us getting Caped Crusader sets.

As if there was ANY chance for BCC sets to be realised. TLG won't be even considering it 

As if TLG is going to realise ANY BTAS sets apart from the skyline and Batmobile. There is sadly no evidence for this 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Max_Lego said:

As if TLG is going to realise ANY BTAS sets apart from the skyline and Batmobile. There is sadly no evidence for this 

Indeed. We don‘t even know for sure what the 4+ set is based on! :shrug_oh_well:

I for one am glad we’re finally getting some DC minifigs again that aren’t Batsy, Jonkler, and Harley. Sure, no new characters to be seen anywhere and I highly doubt the October D2C set will change that, but I do appreciate the new variants :laugh:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

I hate the buildable Bat vehicles. Very few figures, out of scale, and usually in reference to vehicles we’ve already gotten at a figures scale. I agree it’s very probably that the set will be an oversized vehicle. Still, I have hope they may choose to surprise us, especially if they did rush to produce a large set, maybe it was to address customer concerns about the theme? Probably not, but it’d be nice if this set came out of left field, and gave us several new characters, and an exciting build at their scale. We’ll see.

Posted (edited)

Honestly the only UCS bat-vehicle that I think would be cool is a UCS Flying Fox from justice league. It would be minifigure scale and would have all the justice League figures + black suit superman. As well as a Batmobile that can fit inside the cargo bay.

Edited by CloneCommando99

Posted (edited)

Batman-The-Ultimate-Guide-New-Edition-In

I have an idea. This image is from a BOOK. (Batman The Ultimate Guide)

Is it possible that we could get modular Batcave. Let's say maybe 5-6 modules. Buying all of the you could build whole batcave. AND after that fill it with vehicles and minifigures. 

-----

(Same idea that Modular Buildings where you build your own street).

Edited by legoturtle

1 hour ago, cosmic said:

I hate the buildable Bat vehicles. Very few figures, out of scale, and usually in reference to vehicles we’ve already gotten at a figures scale. I agree it’s very probably that the set will be an oversized vehicle. Still, I have hope they may choose to surprise us, especially if they did rush to produce a large set, maybe it was to address customer concerns about the theme? Probably not, but it’d be nice if this set came out of left field, and gave us several new characters, and an exciting build at their scale. We’ll see.

I think if it is DC it's almost certainly the BtAS batmobile. The fact Mr Freeze was supposed to be in the skyline and now is in a different set I think it'd make a lot of sense for them to put the figure that really only appeals to hardcore fans in that one and it'd be so in character for LEGO to decided to decide to do the skyline first, then when they decide to add a couple bonus BtAS sets just pillaging figures from the first set instead of making new characters to be the exclusives

7 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Honestly the only UCS bat-vehicle that I think would be cool is a UCS Flying Fox from justice league. It would be minifigure scale and would have all the justice League figures + black suit superman. As well as a Batmobile that can fit inside the cargo bay.

I love Snyder cut waaaaay more than anyone reasonably should. I wasn't even familiar with it beyond "they swapped the director of justice league out which might be why the movie's bad" before the trailer for the Snyder Cut came out, but I've seen it four times. It is, in my opinion, one of the most comic-book comic book movies ever. Movies like The Dark Knight are better films, sure, but I haven't seen a superhero movie embrace the sense of mythos and scale of the comics as much as Snyder Cut. The bigger marvel movies have their moments of awe, but they use so many quips that-while entertaining- I don't feel the same sense of awe as I do in ZSJL.

But point being, we still couldn't get a set based off it, as even if it's just two F-bombs and a bit of blood across 4 hours, it's still R- so no black suit superman in the fox.

like I said before I think the set coming out in October will be Arkham Asylum From BAS.

remember we have 30 years of Batman forever in 2025, would like the Batmobile as the D2C .

and Batman Begins 20 years,  would like to see League of Shadows play set