Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Nah! Who else wants a minifigure of this beautiful Man? 

If TLG realised a New 52 Red Robin, we'd be able to make a custom Man minifigure. Also, it's quite hard to create a decent Jonkler minifigure from existing parts, so it would've been great if TLG created one!

12 hours ago, ???theriddler??? said:

Also that Freeze just looks unfinished and cheap. I still cant believe we got actually sets based on btas. Shame its like this.

At least, contrary to the majority's fears, Freeze has got a decent dome piece. The lack of dual-moulded legs is critical though and spoils the minifigure's look quite catastrophically. Only Beast Boy's dark purple boots can help a little since TLG apparently hasn't realised any black legs with pink boots.

The Batmobile looks a little off to me, and the dark blue colour is by far not the main reason. IMHO, The TLBM version was much more faithful to the original and way more recognisable.

Nevertheless, despite the set's horrible pricing, it may be my first chance to finally get myself a decent Harley Quinn minifigure - while definitely not being my favourite character, she is essential to my TNBA collection (TNBA didn't change her design dramatically)

Edited by Max_Lego

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Even though legotrutle's comments are totally incomprehensible and I have absolutely no idea what he's trying to say 97% of the time, reading them is always the highlight of my day. :pir-love:

If LegoTurtle has a million fans, then I am one of them.

If LegoTurtle has ten fans, then I am one of them.

IfLegoTurtle has only one fan then that is me.

If LegoTurtle has no fans, then that means I am no longer on earth.

If the world is against LegoTurtle, then I am against the world.

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

When I set in the Mobius Chair, this is the question I'm asking it.

Banger post

I really don't understand the purpose of BTAS Batman's new minifigure's rubber cape. For me, it doesn't have any clear advantages over the old fabric one (except for correct shape, maybe?). Could someone please explain? Anyone?

10 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

You will eventually, Shrek is eternal, he consumed all

It's highly unlikely. Aside from the Dark Deco aesthetic that Burton brought to the table I'm not a fan of the films. Max Shrek for me occupies negative space.

10 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

It reminds me of an idea I had earlier when someone suggested a Luigi led secret six. He should recruit Polka dot man to his team, only instead of having a costume full of colourful dots he could rip off to do various tasks he should have an updated suit where every dot is a mini version of one of the variety of remarkable flavours of Pizza available from Luigi, he goes across Gotham offering free samples to get people hooked

That was me. I don't know that PDM would be in the Six with that particular gimmick as - at least to start with - the identity of Mockingbird is unknown to the team. I mean he could be a trial run for Luigi, or what he's reduced to when the Six falls apart for him

8 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Because now we are getting BIGGER model from Batpod. I haven't seen anyone of being happy for that set? 

The only photo we have doesn't give the best view of the part of the set most people are interested in - the Pod itself. It's hidden by a buildable figure that I don't want, so it's difficult to form a suitable opinion.

@Max_LegoBeast Boy's boots are purple not blue.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

@Max_LegoBeast Boy's boots are purple not blue.

Sorry, incorrect typing. Mistake corrected!

Edited by Max_Lego

Posted (edited)

Me asking the Mobius Chair ''Who is legoturtle? '' Mobius Chair replies ''There are 3 legoturtles'' Me: '' THERE'S 3 OF THEM !?!?''

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

The only photo we have doesn't give the best view of the part of the set most people are interested in - the Pod itself. It's hidden by a buildable figure that I don't want, so it's difficult to form a suitable opinion.

I have seen VIDEOS ... reviews from both: MiniSuperHeroesTodayAshnflash ... Batpod build is very good. BUT it is not minifigure scale. Still I think maybe we should buy that one on DAY 1 

AND why not be SUPER POSITIVE TODAY! & Examples:

1. rubber capes are the best 
  2. we will get Batman, Catwoman, Harley Quinn, Joker and Mr. Freeze from BTAS
  3. first Batmobile in "Earth Blue" (x2)
  4. we get Bat-Pod
  5. we get Bat-Mech (x2)
  6. Another BIG buildable figure
  7. ART set to put on wall (76271: Batman: The Animated Series Gotham City) + Bat-wing
  8. AND THAT is not ALL...

There are poly bags and even small sets coming? 40748: {?} 76272: {?}

https://brickset.com/sets/theme-DC-Comics-Super-Heroes/year-2024

Spoiler

LEGO's influence on people is stronger than they realize.

Edited by legoturtle

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

How is a novel even remotely related to LEGO? 

Let him cook.

4 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

Me asking the Mobius Chair ''Who is legoturtle? '' Mobius Chair replies ''There are 3 legoturtles'' Me: '' THERE'S 3 OF THEM !?!?''

Then we’re going to have to go through a five year storyline that’s just going to get de-canonised anyway.

@Renny The Spaceman Shrek is Love, Shrek is Life. Batman must stay out of his swamp. 

I think we need another CMF series for DC as a whole, there are a lot of cool characters who just probably wouldn’t get sets for them due to how niche they are in the grand scale of DC. For example, The new gods, everybody knows darkseid, but we had to wait until a CMF series to get an actual Mister Miracle minifigure, it would be really interesting to get an actual apokolips set, but considering how lego is now, I think the only option lego might do would just be a DC cmf 2 or something.

Its strange how the designers always talked about budget constraints for new prints when they used to make sdcc exclusive figures every year

32 minutes ago, PunchAndJewelee said:

I think we need another CMF series for DC as a whole, there are a lot of cool characters who just probably wouldn’t get sets for them due to how niche they are in the grand scale of DC. For example, The new gods, everybody knows darkseid, but we had to wait until a CMF series to get an actual Mister Miracle minifigure, it would be really interesting to get an actual apokolips set, but considering how lego is now, I think the only option lego might do would just be a DC cmf 2 or something.

If they did another one I’d like them to follow the format they did in the first one. 3 heroes with their original costumes (Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash.), 3 villains with classic costumes (Sinestro, Dr Joker and original Cheetah.), 2 90s hero suits (Huntress and Mr Miracle) and 4 modern day hero costumes (New 52 Superman, GL Simon Baz, Stargirl and Metamorpho.

Here’s what i could see if they did another: 
Original 1930s-50s designs: Superman, GL Alan Scott, Dr Fate.

Classic Villains: classic Cat-woman, classic Lex Luthor and Metallo.

90s Heroes: GL Kyle Rayner and Big Barda (to complement Mr Miracle)

Modern Heroes: Wally West (Rebirth), Batman (Flashpoint), Wonder-Girl (Yara Flor) and Batgirl (Casandra Cain)

Some of these are what I feel Lego would do. Not what I would like. Anyone feel this is a likely selection if they did another?

1 hour ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Let him cook.

I would never stop him from doing so, bro's a certified cooking machine. :moar:

1 hour ago, legoturtle said:

LEGO's influence on people is stronger than they realize.

Not that strong, they haven't managed to convince you that Superman is more than 'laser' eyes.

Still not swayed on the Pod, it's not in scale with anything else, other than the figure sat on it.

51 minutes ago, thephantasm said:

Its strange how the designers always talked about budget constraints for new prints when they used to make sdcc exclusive figures every year

Simple, those prints most likely weren’t part of the theme’s budget but the marketing budget instead :laugh: Also, those must’ve been cheaper than other prints due to their limited quantity: less ink (?) and no costly storage space!

43 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

If they did another one I’d like them to follow the format they did in the first one. 3 heroes with their original costumes (Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash.), 3 villains with classic costumes (Sinestro, Dr Joker and original Cheetah.), 2 90s hero suits (Huntress and Mr Miracle) and 4 modern day hero costumes (New 52 Superman, GL Simon Baz, Stargirl and Metamorpho.

Here’s what i could see if they did another: 
Original 1930s-50s designs: Superman, GL Alan Scott, Dr Fate.

Classic Villains: classic Cat-woman, classic Lex Luthor and Metallo.

90s Heroes: GL Kyle Rayner and Big Barda (to complement Mr Miracle)

Modern Heroes: Wally West (Rebirth), Batman (Flashpoint), Wonder-Girl (Yara Flor) and Batgirl (Casandra Cain)

Some of these are what I feel Lego would do. Not what I would like. Anyone feel this is a likely selection if they did another?

I wouldn’t mind that, though I do wish we could get more niche, non batman villains, like how have we not gotten giganta or toyman yet!

Am I only one here who saw those REVIEW VIDEOS? 3 sets all reviewed by 2 off the best YouTubers in the world. Both of them were quite happy / very happy for Batmobile. AND remember if you take those turrets of, it looks even better I would say.

Batpod is very high quality.

Mech was also ok... and we are still getting 2 more sets. So this is not 100 % BAD ... even it is not Marvel or Star Wars. Or Harry Potter or SPACE.

3 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Am I only one here who saw those REVIEW VIDEOS? 3 sets all reviewed by 2 off the best YouTubers in the world. Both of them were quite happy / very happy for Batmobile. AND remember if you take those turrets of, it looks even better I would say.

Batpod is very high quality.

Mech was also ok... and we are still getting 2 more sets. So this is not 100 % BAD ... even it is not Marvel or Star Wars. Or Harry Potter or SPACE.

I’m sorry Sir Turtle, but just because ashnflash and minisuperheroestoday liked the batmobile doesn’t mean it’s automatically a good vehicle, I too like it but I don’t think you should only rely on the opinions of two youtubers who get paid by lego to get those sets early.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, PunchAndJewelee said:

I’m sorry Sir Turtle, but just because ashnflash and minisuperheroestoday liked the batmobile doesn’t mean it’s automatically a good vehicle, I too like it but I don’t think you should only rely on the opinions of two youtubers who get paid by lego to get those sets early.

I miss the days when Lego Youtube was about random people showing off their collection and reviewing sets with their own opinion and personality like Nightshroud99 (If you remember those days you're a legend), now most are in LAN and sound all the same and like robots saying the same thing and don't even get me started on the Mr Beast style content, Stop motion is bad now too, I miss those 2006-2013 ones :(

Edited by Lego Nostalgia

4 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Both of them were quite happy / very happy for Batmobile.

I'd be very happy to get free legos too

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, an air fryer missing a few parts

8 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Those were extremely limited runs- it's likely those prints weren't as expensive to produce as wide-release figs.

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Bro is the chef at Luigi's pizzaria

6 hours ago, legoturtle said:

2 off the best YouTubers in the world

Jangbricks and Duckbricks?