Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

On 4/20/2024 at 10:48 PM, RedHoodPug said:

Don't jinx it, we'll get a full wave of Luigi's empire sets and no relevant DC characters.

"Look, we've finally got Arnold Wesker's dog walker's aunt and the guy who decorated Kite Man's apartment before he moved in."

We'll get Falcone in the basement 

Since the Summer sets apparently come out June 1st, do you think we should see pictures pretty soon? 

7 hours ago, calebcold3 said:

Since the Summer sets apparently come out June 1st, do you think we should see pictures pretty soon? 

Yeah. Probably in the next two weeks.

Don't wait too much. You might get SUPER disappointed. REASON... TLG don't like DC that much :/

23 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

Don't wait too much. You might get SUPER disappointed. REASON... TLG don't like DC that much :/

Wow, you just love pounding that into the floor, huh?

2 hours ago, Maaboo the Witch said:

Wow, you just love pounding that into the floor, huh?

No, this is good, he's finally recognizing that it's unreasonable to expect tons of sets/characters/luigi's pizza modulars from this theme.

4 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

No, this is good, he's finally recognizing that it's unreasonable to expect tons of sets/characters/luigi's pizza modulars from this theme.

If it’s Modular restaurants we want… Hear me out…. Bat Burger and Planet Krypton (from kingdom come) Modulars!!!! 

3 minutes ago, CloneCommando99 said:

If it’s Modular restaurants we want… Hear me out…. Bat Burger and Planet Krypton (from kingdom come) Modulars!!!! 

He doesn’t know!

Posted (edited)
Spoiler

70910_alt2.jpg

I think this kind of design is amazing! There is this main villain "Scarecrow" ... BUT also some lore about Gotham City.

Luigi's Pizza is known for authentic pizzas. These pizzas are typically made of thin crust, shredded parmesan, and a sweet and spicy tomato sauce. The tables at Luigi's are covered in butcher paper, and crayons are supplied to children to play hangman. The restaurant is usually packed with a mix of families, locals, and college kids.

Look at all those images: https://brickset.com/sets/70910-1/Scarecrow-Special-Delivery

(Save Gotham City Energy Facility from a fear gas attack).

Edited by legoturtle

@legoturtlelore? Any particular favourite moments in Gotham's history that involves Luigi's Pizza? Aside from a Lego set and a collectable in Gotham Knights, that is.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, RedHoodPug said:

@legoturtlelore? Any particular favourite moments in Gotham's history that involves Luigi's Pizza? Aside from a Lego set and a collectable in Gotham Knights, that is.

I think @legoturtle is indeed a master strategist/ agent from the Aslume. He just goaded you into asking whether there’s a lore reason. One of r/BatmanArkham’s many recurring jokes. 

And for actual lore: I believe Luigi’s pizzeria has only appeared in the background of two Batman and one Superman comic runs.

The man is like the Jonkler. he’s playing us into his hands. He controls this place.

Edited by CloneCommando99

Well, I am more like The Riddler. Anyway. My point was that it is amazing to get small parts of Gotham City. For example... today I will buy this set:

Spoiler

30653_83839.jpg

cargoyle <3

5 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Well, I am more like The Riddler. Anyway. My point was that it is amazing to get small parts of Gotham City. For example... today I will buy this set:

Reveal hidden contents

30653_83839.jpg

cargoyle <3

That's not much of a "small part" of Gotham. More of a "microscopic fragment", really.

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

As clonecommando said, I think he just baited you into accidentally referencing an aslume meme- the "lore/lore reason" one.

Though I'm gonna be honest, I had no idea the restaurant was referenced in gotham knights. Luigi's empire grows. Soon DC's trinity will be Luigi, Falcone (in basement) and Luigi's delivery driver.

10 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

The man is like the Jonkler. he’s playing us into his hands. He controls this place.

I completely agree with you- at this point I'm now pretty confident turtle's a seriously dedicated joker.

Edited by Mandalorianknight

27 minutes ago, legoturtle said:
  Hide contents

71479-1.jpg?241305

This looks very familiar? ... I do not know what to say...

We really are reaching with this one, perhaps in 2025 sanity will return to the forum.

On 4/21/2024 at 10:27 AM, CloneCommando99 said:

Just for fun.

DC should start doing a quoted diorama series. Much like the ones that Star Wars has been getting. But based off comic covers and iconic moments in comics.

Here’s a couple of examples:

Superman diorama: based on the icon cover of his debut Action Comics #1. The diorama would be a 3d version of the cover including a car and a sunset backdrop. Figs: original costume superman and the other 3 men that are in the cover. Quote tile says: “faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a steaming locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.”

Batman diorama: Gotham city rooftops with a nighttime backdrop of Gotham city. (Semi based off the iconic comic cover of Batman #1 with Batman and Robin swinging) Figures: Batman, Robin and commissioner Gordon. Quote: “I am the darkness, I am the night, I am Batman.”

Green Lantern diorama: based off the cover Green Lantern 1990 #1. Build consists of a section of a Canyon with a blue sky backdrop and transparent holders that make the Lanterns look like they’re flying. Figures: Hal Jordan (white streaked hair), John Stewart (original GL comic uniform) and Comic Guy Gardner. Quote: “In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evil’s might, Beware my power Green Lantern’s light. 

You guys have any other ideas for dioramas?

theyve done similar before, they did an action comics #1 for comiccon once, and they also recreated the first appearance of the cheetah for comiccon. Both are hard to get though, so I really wish lego had an easier way of getting those sets.

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

We really are reaching with this one, perhaps in 2025 sanity will return to the forum.

I fear that we may have Jonkled to the point of no return.

I just hope that we get a set with Green (the ginger one), Soup and Girl minifigures to tie in with Soup’s film. Am I stupid in hoping for such things when I know in my mind that we will only get a buildable Man and Jonkler next year?

9 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Hide contents

30653_83839.jpg

cargoyle <3

cargoyle <3

This is how it happened. This is how Eurobricks' Lego DC News and Discussion thread died.

Seriously, are we allowed to jonkle again? It won't help us get more lego DC leaks. It's more like a time-killer

14 hours ago, legoturtle said:

I think this kind of design is amazing! There is this main villain "Scarecrow" ... BUT also some lore about Gotham City.

Luigi's Pizza is known for authentic pizzas. These pizzas are typically made of thin crust, shredded parmesan, and a sweet and spicy tomato sauce. The tables at Luigi's are covered in butcher paper, and crayons are supplied to children to play hangman. The restaurant is usually packed with a mix of families, locals, and college kids.

So you wanted Luigi's pizzeria! Why didn't you mention this before? 

14 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

Is there any lore reason as to why RedHoodPug would ask this? Is he curious?

10 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Well, I am more like The Riddler. Anyway.

Yes! Keep up your work, I love what you're doing! Never doubted you!

10 hours ago, legoturtle said:

For example... today I will buy this set:

Why does this read as a threat

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Luigi, Falcone (in basement) and Luigi's delivery driver.

Forgot about scarecrow??

56 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

cargoyle <3

cargoyle <3

34 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

This is how it happened. This is how Eurobricks' Lego DC News and Discussion thread died.

The only people left on the forum are the sort who enjoys the chaos.

13 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

I think @legoturtle is indeed a master strategist/ agent from the Asylum. He just goaded you into asking whether there’s a lore reason. One of r/BatmanArkham’s many recurring jokes. 

And for actual lore: I believe Luigi’s pizzeria has only appeared in the background of two Batman and one Superman comic runs.

The man is like the Joker. he’s playing us into his hands. He controls this place.

I'm sure it means something hilarious to many of you, but I remain blissfully ignorant about it. This has about as much appeal to me as fanfic, I'm afraid.

Yes indeed, it's been scenery at best.

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

hough I'm gonna be honest, I had no idea the restaurant was referenced in gotham knights. Luigi's empire grows. Soon DC's trinity will be Luigi, Falcone (in basement) and Luigi's delivery driver.

I think there's building trophies and it's one of them, but it doesn't feature any more than that.

In keeping with the spirit of the thing, it would be Falcone's dry cleaner rather than Falcone himself.

And if our green fried is as you suggest, he's doing a very good job of ignoring it being mentioned. Or he doesn't get it.

11 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Is there any lore reason as to why RedHoodPug would ask this? Is he curious?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you come at me with this crap I will call you stupid.

6 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

Seriously, are we allowed to jonkle again? It won't help us get more lego DC leaks. It's more like a time-killer

I don't think jonkling was ever prohibited, but I think the sentiment is widely pro-jonkle so long as sane people are allowed to remind us it's stupid (and we indeed are)

But yeah the idea that the catcycle should have been a DC set might top Luigi's Pizzeria. Some other ideas:

Scarecrow ($9.99): A scarecrow and part of a wheat field

Penguins ($39.99): Penguin enclosure with a couple seating areas outside (they have umbrellas at the tables)

Poison Ivy ($69.99): A large poison ivy plant sort of like the art sets

Clay Face ($99.99): A large drama mask made out of medium nougat

Bat ($129.99): A life-sized lego bat

Man ($159.99): A large figure of an adult male

6 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

In keeping with the spirit of the thing, it would be Falcone's dry cleaner rather than Falcone himself.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you come at me with this crap I will call you stupid.

True

I'm pretty sure we're all OK with that, it's one of the bigger memes in the wider aslume meme thing.

6 hours ago, PGBQW said:

Forgot about scarecrow??

I figure we already got his best variant (luigi's pizza) so we need more important figures