Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Their "powers" are fine. Superman flies around. Laser eyes explode tanks. He flies moon and back... stupid stuff. 

Flash? OMG... I am fast, I play with time. Save 20 babies in 1 second fraction... stupid stuff.

Wonder Woman,,,, ouch please. Batman is the thing like we all know.

4 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

The guy who helps fix your car, let's the recently bereaved know that they aren't alone or those with wayward kids that they aren't bad parents, the guy who plays basketball without using his powers, and talks people down from suicide attempts in the most humble way possible. Yes, that guy. The best of us, the big blue boy scout. Your response has just shown everyone that you need to read a Superman comic before voicing your opinion on him.

BUT GUYS WAIT, WHAT IF MAN CAN FIX CAR AND PLAY BASKETBALL, MAYBE HE CAN PLAY BASKETBALL WITH JONKLER and join the NBA

1 hour ago, legoturtle said:

I am just saying that Batman universe is interesting because characters don't have superpowers. Marvels for me is for kids. DC Batman for everyone also adults.

You're not a true Batman fan if you think the Batman characters have no superpowers, Killer Croc,Poison Ivy,Bane,Man Bat,Clayface and don't forget that regular humans can die and be brought back to life in the lazarus pit, but hey you probably think that's childish.

4 hours ago, legoturtle said:

How many LEGO-sets TLG has made which are based that laser eye?

I hate to break it to you but Man can use laser eye too, he just never uses that ability because he gets a burning feeling in his eyes when he does it, in one comic he had to get eyedrops so his eyes could stop hurting, I think that was a Man comic from 1969, great issue if you ask me.

19 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

Their "powers" are fine. Superman flies around. Laser eyes explode tanks. He flies moon and back... stupid stuff. 

Flash? OMG... I am fast, I play with time. Save 20 babies in 1 second fraction... stupid stuff.

Batman is my favorite character ever but that doesn't mean I can't love others (Wolverine,Deadpool,Spider-Man,Punisher,Daredevil,Venom,Superman)

Batman is "fine". He out surfs joker. Batarang throw explode KGbeast. He flies moon and falls back on earth... stupid stuff.

batfamily,,,, ouch please. Polka dot man is the thing like we all kno

w.

15 minutes ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

Batman is "fine". He out surfs joker. Batarang throw explode KGbeast. He flies moon and falls back on earth... stupid stuff.

batfamily,,,, ouch please. Polka dot man is the thing like we all kno

w.

Finally someone sane who knows what they're talking about!

1 hour ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

BUT GUYS WAIT, WHAT IF MAN CAN FIX CAR AND PLAY BASKETBALL, MAYBE HE CAN PLAY BASKETBALL WITH JONKLER and join the NBA

I don't know what this is, but no.

3 hours ago, legoturtle said:

I am just saying that Batman universe is interesting because characters don't have superpowers. Marvels for me is for kids. DC Batman for everyone also adults.

No one in Gotham has powers, huh?

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

Glad to see that you've joined us all in the Asylum with "not liking superpowered characters is discriminatory".

Look, our hero in a half shell here is an interesting character, but the idea that people like batman because he doesn't have any superpowers isn't an insane take, or a particularly rare one. 

Not what I've said at all. I've not said that it's a rare opinion, or an insane one, and nor have I joined in with the banal asylum crap.

My initial point that Superman is more human than Batman was skewed to reduce him to his alien powers. That's not a good faith argument. 

On 4/17/2024 at 7:46 AM, RedHoodPug said:

Batwing and Bat Space Shuttle 

always 2nd hand market! 

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Each of these characters represents a moral quality that we must have. They teach us how to be better people. Their powers reflect those qualities.

Superman: Teaches us the importance of kindness.

Wonder Woman: Teaches us the importance of bravery and courage.

Batman: Teaches us perseverance and self-sacrifice.

Green Lantern: Teaches us the importance of emotions and overcoming our fears.

Flash: Teaches us forgiveness and how to embrace our vulnerability.

I really don’t think you understand how these characters work. Each character exemplifies the ideal morals that we must have to be good people. Batman may be the most realistic hero, and I still love him, but he’s not as good a role-model as some of the others. At times he has questionable morals. So before you judge a superhero for having a “unrealistic superpower” that you don’t like. Read a comic and ask this: What do they actually represent?”

I’m done replying to your incredibly controversial takes @legoturtle I hope this inspired you to pick up a comic book and give some other heroes a chance.

Edited by CloneCommando99

21 hours ago, legoturtle said:

That guy with laser eyes who flies from earth to space in seconds... really?

Hide contents

Superman-superhero-with-laser-eye.png

Have you ever watched the actual Superman movies from the 70s and 80s or are you only familiar with the Henry Cavill version since from your prior posts, it seems that you only watched Superman movies featuring Batman, hence Batman vs Superman and Justice League? That might explain your skewed take on Superman and why you don't find him relatable if you've only seen the disastrous Snyder version.

I find the Christopher Reeve Superman far more relatable than any of the Batmans. 

I seriously hate the current “wHaT iF SuPeRmAn, BuT EvIiIiLlLlL” trend. It honestly can’t die soon enough. Some people still act as it if it was subversive, cool, edgy, original or whatever when it’s already been so done to death that a classic, non-brooding, hopeful, down to Earth version of Supes without silly Jesus imagery will feel like a breath of fresh air :laugh_hard:

I’m convinced SUPERMAN (the new title of Gunn‘s movie, no Legacy anymore) will right the ship and revive this theme. Optimistic, yes, but I trust Gunn with this. The Snyderverse wasn’t all bad, but its stink finally needs to go :snicker:

Posted (edited)

I know its a kid but this got pretty cringe

Itd be pretty funny if a designer came on here and saw this theme massively outpacing the others in the future

Edited by thephantasm

10 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I seriously hate the current “wHaT iF SuPeRmAn, BuT EvIiIiLlLlL” trend. It honestly can’t die soon enough. Some people still act as it if it was subversive, cool, edgy, original or whatever when it’s already been so done to death that a classic, non-brooding, hopeful, down to Earth version of Supes without silly Jesus imagery will feel like a breath of fresh air :laugh_hard:

I’m convinced SUPERMAN (the new title of Gunn‘s movie, no Legacy anymore) will right the ship and revive this theme. Optimistic, yes, but I trust Gunn with this. The Snyderverse wasn’t all bad, but its stink finally needs to go :snicker:

I'll agree there's a lot of boring copies but Homelander and Omni-Man are actually interesting and great characters if you think about it, well maybe just the Amazon Series.

8 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Itd be pretty funny if a designer came on here and saw this theme massively outpacing the others in the future

If we have to continue the insanity for a chance to get more sets so be it.

9 hours ago, thephantasm said:

Don't jinx it, we'll get a full wave of Luigi's empire sets and no relevant DC characters.

"Look, we've finally got Arnold Wesker's dog walker's aunt and the guy who decorated Kite Man's apartment before he moved in."

1 hour ago, RedHoodPug said:

Don't jinx it, we'll get a full wave of Luigi's empire sets and no relevant DC characters.

"Look, we've finally got Arnold Wesker's dog walker's aunt and the guy who decorated Kite Man's apartment before he moved in."

A UCS Luigi Buildable Pizza on a black stand with an exclusive Luigi minifigure would sell so well and if it does we might even be able to get a Luigi Buildable Figure.

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I'll agree there's a lot of boring copies but Homelander and Omni-Man are actually interesting and great characters if you think about it, well maybe just the Amazon Series.

I dunno, I definitely feel like homelander falls into the "edgy for the sake of being edgy", but Omni-man really doesn't belong in the evil superman category. It's what people see in the memes, but it's not really his character.

39 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

A UCS Luigi Buildable Pizza on a black stand with an exclusive Luigi minifigure would sell so well and if it does we might even be able to get a Luigi Buildable Figure.

Don't forget that the system sets would be three luigi's pizza vehicles with the same two characters in each.

11 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I feel bad for the poor Lego designer who stumbles on this thread and has to try and figure out what Luigi’s pizza is and why some many of us want a $800 UCS of it.

46 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

I feel bad for the poor Lego designer who stumbles on this thread and has to try and figure out what Luigi’s pizza is and why some many of us want a $800 UCS of it.

We'll have to let them know we will only buy it if they include a GWP Patch of Luigi like the Venator GWP and a Luigi's Pizza Coin in premium black box packaging.

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I dunno, I definitely feel like homelander falls into the "edgy for the sake of being edgy", but Omni-man really doesn't belong in the evil superman category. It's what people see in the memes, but it's not really his character.

Don't forget that the system sets would be three luigi's pizza vehicles with the same two characters in each.

Ah sure you can't lie, Homelander is a pretty good villain and the actor really makes a great performance.

Hmmmm, we haven't heard our friend say anything for a while, perhaps a hint at sanity returning to this forum ?

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

I feel bad for the poor Lego designer who stumbles on this thread ...

Do you really think there is anyone who reads DC topic? 

(TLG designers want to make DC sets BUT they can't). Think about those 4 modular Ninjago City sets. BIG ones. We would get 4 of those based in Gotham City. So there even might be Ace Chemicals, GCPD, Arkham Asylum, Wayne Manor, Jokerland AND yes maybe even small street from Little Italy. Maroni's crime family owned pizzeria... YES! ... Could Scarecrow be somehow involved in this.

Spoiler

STONEWARS-LEGO-NINJAGO-City-70620-71741-

From The Batman (2022)

Spoiler

bb90cd84b73d037baba34bd92370b014.jpg

Edited by legoturtle

Just for fun.

DC should start doing a quoted diorama series. Much like the ones that Star Wars has been getting. But based off comic covers and iconic moments in comics.

Here’s a couple of examples:

Superman diorama: based on the icon cover of his debut Action Comics #1. The diorama would be a 3d version of the cover including a car and a sunset backdrop. Figs: original costume superman and the other 3 men that are in the cover. Quote tile says: “faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a steaming locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.”

Batman diorama: Gotham city rooftops with a nighttime backdrop of Gotham city. (Semi based off the iconic comic cover of Batman #1 with Batman and Robin swinging) Figures: Batman, Robin and commissioner Gordon. Quote: “I am the darkness, I am the night, I am Batman.”

Green Lantern diorama: based off the cover Green Lantern 1990 #1. Build consists of a section of a Canyon with a blue sky backdrop and transparent holders that make the Lanterns look like they’re flying. Figures: Hal Jordan (white streaked hair), John Stewart (original GL comic uniform) and Comic Guy Gardner. Quote: “In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evil’s might, Beware my power Green Lantern’s light. 

You guys have any other ideas for dioramas?

7 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Just for fun.

DC should start doing a quoted diorama series. Much like the ones that Star Wars has been getting. But based off comic covers and iconic moments in comics.

Here’s a couple of examples:

Superman diorama: based on the icon cover of his debut Action Comics #1. The diorama would be a 3d version of the cover including a car and a sunset backdrop. Figs: original costume superman and the other 3 men that are in the cover. Quote tile says: “faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a steaming locomotive, able to leap tall buildings in a single bound.”

Batman diorama: Gotham city rooftops with a nighttime backdrop of Gotham city. (Semi based off the iconic comic cover of Batman #1 with Batman and Robin swinging) Figures: Batman, Robin and commissioner Gordon. Quote: “I am the darkness, I am the night, I am Batman.”

Green Lantern diorama: based off the cover Green Lantern 1990 #1. Build consists of a section of a Canyon with a blue sky backdrop and transparent holders that make the Lanterns look like they’re flying. Figures: Hal Jordan (white streaked hair), John Stewart (original GL comic uniform) and Comic Guy Gardner. Quote: “In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evil’s might, Beware my power Green Lantern’s light. 

You guys have any other ideas for dioramas?

That's what they should do, a Dark Knight interrogation room scene or the Dark Knight Rises tunnel fight where Bane breaks Batman

10 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Maroni's crime family owned pizzeria... YES! ..

THE LUIGI'S PIZZA IS REAL

10 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

Just for fun.

This is actually an excellent idea, and I'm kind of surprised we haven't had it yet. I know it was discussed a little when Jurassic Park got a diorama around the same time as the first SW ones, but I haven't seen much discussion in the past year or so. I think it's a great idea, especially since lego seems hyper-focused on older films and shows- things perfect for diorama sets. The one concern is that we only have one SW diorama this year, so I'm a little worried they're ending the line.

2 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I'm man scene

"So you're a man, and you dress like a bat, and you call yourself... I mean, don't you think that's a little lazy?"

"Yeah.... I'm Man."

1 hour ago, NovaBricks said:

Bat credit card ad diorama scene 

The Knightmare scene but in reality so it's just Bruce sleeping in his bed with a new distressed face print.

14 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Maroni's crime family owned pizzeria... YES! ... Could Scarecrow be somehow involved in this.

Thank you for giving me closure, I can finally rest. This is just like that scene in The Killing Joke where Batman and  Joker share a brief moment of being lucid.

5 hours ago, thephantasm said:

I'm man scene

Poetic cinema

5 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Bat credit card ad diorama scene 

Add a Nostalgia Critic minifigure, watch the box office explode

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

The Knightmare scene but in reality so it's just Bruce sleeping in his bed with a new distressed face print

Genious

7 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

THE LUIGI'S PIZZA IS REAL

This is actually an excellent idea, and I'm kind of surprised we haven't had it yet. I know it was discussed a little when Jurassic Park got a diorama around the same time as the first SW ones, but I haven't seen much discussion in the past year or so. I think it's a great idea, especially since lego seems hyper-focused on older films and shows- things perfect for diorama sets. The one concern is that we only have one SW diorama this year, so I'm a little worried they're ending the line.

"So you're a man, and you dress like a bat, and you call yourself... I mean, don't you think that's a little lazy?"

"Yeah.... I'm Man."

The Knightmare scene but in reality so it's just Bruce sleeping in his bed with a new distressed face print.

I'm worried too because I really need them to make a Mustafar and Palpatine's arrest diorama.