Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Posted (edited)

Guys! Let's think about this. That ART set. Could there be easter eggs for us? That painting reveals for example future sets? Future figures?

Example could be that BLUE Batmobile or all the prisoners in Arkham Asylum. MAYBE Lionbear8 is right... if it is Arkham, maybe those are the prisoners...

This VIDEO is probably the best in YouTube. It goes trough everything. MAYBE we get all of these figures in upcoming BTAS sets.

Edited by legoturtle

I am always skeptical whenever I hear "Lego easter eggs"... unless you are an actual insider (who btw would be bound by a non-disclosure agreement), then you would not be able to accurately predict that a particular reference in an existing set is a clue that it will be released as a future set.

Lego has made tons of references to items/ sets in their releases and some of them have ended up as actual sets/ minifigs, while some haven't.

The concept of "Lego easter eggs" is only useful/ valuable to all of these Lego-apologists/ Youtube influencers. They often have a verbal diarrhea (and squealing in between at that like toddlers) of all the possible references in a set upon release. Then in a future video, they mention that they predicted this and that release on a past video when in fact it there was no real evidence of that then. Nothing different to clickbait or news organizations sensationalizing stories.

I am happy that Lego released this BTAS set as I grew up watching this series, but I know that BTAS is not for everyone and this particular type of set is only for a particular group of Lego fans. If it performs well in sales, I could see all these 'references' eventually made into some sort of future release. I would love that, but who knows? We can only hope.

It’s been three years since the Daily Bugle released and we still haven’t seen comic based variants of Rhino, Electro, Lizard, or Kingpin. I wouldn’t take any of those “Easter eggs” as a sign of what Lego has planned for sets in the near future. They’re most likely just fun nods to the show.

10 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

They’re most likely just fun nods to the show.

That's what an Easter Egg is. They don't have to lead to anything. 

11 hours ago, hikouki said:

I am always skeptical whenever I hear "Lego easter eggs"... unless you are an actual insider (who btw would be bound by a non-disclosure agreement), then you would not be able to accurately predict that a particular reference in an existing set is a clue that it will be released as a future set.

I think you are getting bogged down in your dislike of certain YouTubers and missing the point of an Easter Egg. They are a fun little reference to other aspects of the source material, letting fans know that the people creating the adaptation are fans too, and that ostensibly that the thing being made is in good hands. There's no hard and fast rule that says an Easter Egg has to lead somewhere. The fact that the characters are hidden in the set further cements the idea by having us hunt for them.

5 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

That's what an Easter Egg is. They don't have to lead to anything. 

I think you are getting bogged down in your dislike of certain YouTubers and missing the point of an Easter Egg. They are a fun little reference to other aspects of the source material, letting fans know that the people creating the adaptation are fans too, and that ostensibly that the thing being made is in good hands. There's no hard and fast rule that says an Easter Egg has to lead somewhere. The fact that the characters are hidden in the set further cements the idea by having us hunt for them.

That’s my point- the ‘Easter eggs’ that people mention are mere references. They do not forbode a particular set or minifig being produced! And that these are being taken advantage of by influencers for self-promotion!

3 hours ago, hikouki said:

And that these are being taken advantage of by influencers for self-promotion!

Apologies for the misunderstanding. However I think a certain amount of responsibility has to be taken by the consumers believing what some no name on the internet tells them, simply because it's on YouTube. There's nothing wrong with wishlisting, but no one is making people cling desperately onto a baseless rumour. Yes, Idiot 1 is perpetuating these rumours, but Idiot 2 is picking them up and running with them without asking Idiot 1 where the rumours came from.

Just now, RedHoodPug said:

Yes, Idiot 1 is perpetuating these rumours, but Idiot 2 is picking them up and running with them without asking Idiot 1 where the rumours came from.

Passing the Idiot Ball. Are they stupid?

Guys! It is a year of SPACE. Look how many sets there are space related. Even Star Wars is involved in this.

Our only hope is that Marvel goes DOWN and then that "same design team" will focus more in DC. That is our only hope!

1 minute ago, legoturtle said:

Guys! It is a year of SPACE. Look how many sets there are space related. Even Star Wars is involved in this.

Our only hope is that Marvel goes DOWN and then that "same design team" will focus more in DC. That is our only hope!

I don’t see how those two points are related. And the first point to Lego DC. But believe me I would love it if they did some DC space sets. (Green Lantern content would be guaranteed) What do you mean Star Wars is participating in it? It’s literally all set in space all the time.

13 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

You’re on your own with this Jonkling today mate. The Aslume went Sane today. You can resume tomorrow.

Now the "superhero design team" focuses on Marvel. NOT DC. If Marvel goes down MAYBE they focus DC.

This year we see more and more SPACE related sets. Even Star Wars seems to get more focus. Black Millenium Falcon & White Darth Vader and so on... that is not good for DC. (Well at least they make sets for adults also like that Art set and Shadow Box. MAYBE I should start collecting money for both of them).

Just now, legoturtle said:

Now the "superhero design team" focuses on Marvel. NOT DC. If Marvel goes down MAYBE they focus DC.

This year we see more and more SPACE related sets. Even Star Wars seems to get more focus. Black Millenium Falcon & White Darth Vader and so on... that is not good for DC. (Well at least they make sets for adults also like that Art set and Shadow Box. MAYBE I should start collecting money for both of them).

Why are we retreading this again? If Marvel goes down, that doesn't make DC more popular. It's not a see-saw with one license on each end. If Marvel goes down, and DC isn't popular either, we just don't get many sets from each.

I thought there is a 1 "super hero design team" in LEGO?

AND that team focuses now almost only in Marvel?

1 hour ago, legoturtle said:

Even Star Wars is involved in this.

Unlike the rest of the Lego Star Wars sets that are not space related?

36 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

I thought there is a 1 "super hero design team" in LEGO?

AND that team focuses now almost only in Marvel?

Even if we only had 1 "superhero design team", getting less Marvel doesn't mean more DC.

It only means we get less Marvel.

I am just saying that it feels like in 2024 LEGO puts 100 % to SPACE, Star Wars and rest for Marvel. That is very BAD news for DC.

10 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

I am just saying that it feels like in 2024 LEGO puts 100 % to SPACE, Star Wars and rest for Marvel. That is very BAD news for DC.

There is no indication that LEGO put much into Marvel at all. We have a few mediocre small sets, an overpriced X-Jet, and a summer wave that sounds good on paper. That's all. Heck, Harry Potter could be better than everything listed. We just don't know yet. 

Posted (edited)

Well there will be at least 30 Marvel sets 2024... DC maybe 5-6 ? ... (real sets)

Edited by legoturtle

1 hour ago, Max_Lego said:

If they bring up that reference with me then yes, yes they are.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Guys! It is a year of SPACE. Look how many sets there are space related.

Not saying this will be very likely at all, but how would you guys feel about the  $200 set being a Justice League Watch tower? Maybe being loosely based on the dcau with some injustice leaguers thrown in there. Probably wouldn't be able to fit a javelin in it with that price, but maybe a place for moniter duty and meeting table for the core seven.

Edited by glucklegobatman

26 minutes ago, glucklegobatman said:

Not saying this will be very likely at all, but how would you guys feel about the  $200 set being a Justice League Watch tower? Maybe being loosely based on the dcau with some injustice leaguers thrown in there. Probably wouldn't be able to fit a javelin in it with that price, but maybe a place for moniter duty and meeting table for the core seven.

I would love any new set with new DC characters not featured before, or seldom featured ones. Batman is alright if he is wearing a never-featured-before suit.

4 hours ago, legoturtle said:

86e.png

4 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

You’re on your own with this Jonkling today mate. The Aslume went Sane today. You can resume tomorrow.

What if the real thread was the asylum we made along the way

Crazy?

I was crazy once

They locked me in a loop

A LEGO loop

A LEGO loop with bats

And bats make me crazy

5 hours ago, Max_Lego said:

Why does Max_Lego have an idiot ball? Is he spherical?

5 hours ago, CloneCommando99 said:

That's a genius move on their part. I'm gonna jonkle their jonk by continuing to jonkle. (Ok, reading that out, it was excessive. Even for me.)

5 hours ago, legoturtle said:

Holy cow, man. We've explained this to you so many times, what part are you having trouble with? Legitimately, what part of the explanation isn't making sense?

Others have covered it well, so the only thing I'll add is that Star Wars isn't getting many more sets this year than it normally does.

55 minutes ago, NXS7 said:

And bats make me 

Man. Bats make me Man.

Well, I am just saying that if MARVEL goes down - that 1 and same super hero team can then focus on DC. Now the focus is in Marvel sets.

Posted (edited)

I mean, if Marvel plummets so badly that the newest MCU movies are less culturally relevant than Batman 89, 66, and TAS then there might be some truth to that? Oh, and if everyone on earth forgets that Spider-Man exists. 

Hm, when I say type it out loud that's likely totally for sure in all probability going to really happen by this time next year. Especially if we keep harping on it week after week.

Edited by SoupOrFishOil

Posted (edited)

Fact: 99% of eurobricks users quit before making Lego abandon Marvel and focus on DC

(We just need to keep commenting the same thing for the rest of the year!)

Edited by PGBQW

We‘ve been over this, multiple times in fact! If Marvel declines, that doesn‘t mean DC magically gets more popular :hmpf: All it would mean is that the Superheroes theme on the whole suffers, in which case the designers would be assigned to other teams. It shouldn‘t be that hard to grasp  :tongue: