Clone OPatra

Batman (DC Superheroes) 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

28 minutes ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

I'm worried it will be delayed, there's no script yet and the actors said they haven't seen it.

Yeah, it probably will. March 2026 seems more likely.

16 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Yeah, it probably will. March 2026 seems more likely.

Midgard News reckons shooting will commence this month. There doesn't seem to be any talk of delays regarding the film, but the Penguin show is running behind schedule. Whether that has any bearing on the film or not, I don't know. 

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

As much as I love the sets (the minifigure selection was really weird tho), I just can't get over how bad the Batman minifigure is.

Innacurate mask. Inaccurate face print. No arm printing. No leg dual-moulding. Innacurate cape. No collar.

Also, but that's more of a personal preference, I think gunmetal grey would've worked better than dark grey.

Really hope they fix it next year.

I wouldn't have expected/needed the fig to have arm printing, but you're right that it's totally inaccurate. For one thing, I think you're completely right about it needing to be gunmetal for the dark gray bits- the suit looks metallic. It was the first thing I noticed years ago when the suit teaser came out (That and the fact that the symbol was a separate component- I remember everyone theorized it was made from the gun that killed his parents). He also definitely needed a new cowl and a new face, the existing ones just don't work. And he should have used the thin cape they use for the mandalorian rather than the standard batman cape.

14 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

There was- technically speaking- and it did release around the same time as some JL sets- but the episodes were only around 10 minutes, it was a pretty low-budget affair, and it either released on youtube, or was released poorly enough/did poorly enough that DC was fine releasing the entire series on youtube fairly quickly after official release.

So I guess I should clarify- I think they need a normal budget, quality justice league/batman cartoon out with a wide release.

I know Marvel sets used to be loosely based on the cartoons for a while back there but I really feel like this wouldn't help. How popular has Teen Titans Go been for over a decade and they've not done any unofficial tie ins. I don't think that even if they had another popular cartoon LEGO would keep just doing nostalgic Batman sets

1 hour ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I wouldn't have expected/needed the fig to have arm printing, but you're right that it's totally inaccurate. For one thing, I think you're completely right about it needing to be gunmetal for the dark gray bits- the suit looks metallic. It was the first thing I noticed years ago when the suit teaser came out (That and the fact that the symbol was a separate component- I remember everyone theorized it was made from the gun that killed his parents). He also definitely needed a new cowl and a new face, the existing ones just don't work. And he should have used the thin cape they use for the mandalorian rather than the standard batman cape.

A UCS 2022 Batmobile might be the only way to get printed arms and a new cowl for Batman

2 hours ago, Renny The Spaceman said:

I know Marvel sets used to be loosely based on the cartoons for a while back there but I really feel like this wouldn't help. How popular has Teen Titans Go been for over a decade and they've not done any unofficial tie ins. I don't think that even if they had another popular cartoon LEGO would keep just doing nostalgic Batman sets

It's not so much about directly tying in as putting the heroes in the public consciousness as something interesting and cool. We had a good number of avengers sets not based off the movies, but kids bought them because of the movies. The 2020 avengers sets certainly weren't selling because people liked the game. My assumption about why teen titans go doesn't work is that it's a straight comedy. The heroes, even batman, are treated as morons. It's fine for what it's trying to be, but it's not really going to encourage kids to buy DC sets as much. 

2 hours ago, Lego Nostalgia said:

A UCS 2022 Batmobile might be the only way to get printed arms and a new cowl for Batman

You're likely right. When was the last time this theme got a new mold, the Keaton cowl?

13 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

As much as I love the sets (the minifigure selection was really weird tho), I just can't get over how bad the Batman minifigure is.

Innacurate mask. Inaccurate face print. No arm printing. No leg dual-moulding. Innacurate cape. No collar.

Also, but that's more of a personal preference, I think gunmetal grey would've worked better than dark grey.

Really hope they fix it next year.

Pattinson cape/cowl is tough to pull off in Lego. Probably needs some sort of rubber mold like Keaton’s got in the UCS sets, but that’s probably a big ask for Pattman sets. 

3 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You're likely right. When was the last time this theme got a new mold, the Keaton cowl?

The new Batman cowl we got last year. Not sure if that’s what you mean by the Keaton cowl, or if you mean that rubber cape and cowl piece.

4 hours ago, NovaBricks said:

Pattinson cape/cowl is tough to pull off in Lego. Probably needs some sort of rubber mold like Keaton’s got in the UCS sets, but that’s probably a big ask for Pattman sets. 

I feel like the cowl could work as something like the captain america cowl with ears added on. The cape could probably just work as the thin cape The Mandalorian uses.

3 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

The new Batman cowl we got last year. Not sure if that’s what you mean by the Keaton cowl, or if you mean that rubber cape and cowl piece.

You're right, I forgot the new cowl- I was thinking of the rubber one. Still, we've been stuck to getting very few new molds, and the ones we do get are introduced in D2Cs, if I remember correctly the last mold besides the cowls in a system set was Wonder Woman's helmet/hair from the 2020 WW84 set.

6 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

You're right, I forgot the new cowl- I was thinking of the rubber one. Still, we've been stuck to getting very few new molds, and the ones we do get are introduced in D2Cs, if I remember correctly the last mold besides the cowls in a system set was Wonder Woman's helmet/hair from the 2020 WW84 set.

Introduced in D2C’s and they’re always Bat Cowls.

TBF though, there’s not many characters that have needed new molds and haven’t gotten them. Just Pattinson’s Batman and arguably Kravitz’s Catwoman if they wanted to go with the mask she wore for like two minutes.

9 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I feel like the cowl could work as something like the captain america cowl with ears added on. The cape could probably just work as the thin cape The Mandalorian uses.

Yeah possibly. For me it's the neck thing that makes it kind of tough to replicate. Honestly the ears are so far back that the daredevil piece is almost as good as the traditional cowl.

32 minutes ago, NovaBricks said:

Yeah possibly. For me it's the neck thing that makes it kind of tough to replicate. Honestly the ears are so far back that the daredevil piece is almost as good as the traditional cowl.

Honestly, his cowl is thin enough that the Black Panther ears would probably be a good choice.

@NovaBricks and @psqidexslizer you guys are talking about the same part. Personally I'd go with the mold they used for White Tiger

5 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

Introduced in D2C’s and they’re always Bat Cowls.

TBF though, there’s not many characters that have needed new molds and haven’t gotten them. Just Pattinson’s Batman and arguably Kravitz’s Catwoman if they wanted to go with the mask she wore for like two minutes.

I actually think the oldest catwoman cowl mold would work for her catwoman. Are we talking about her mask that essentially looked like a ski mask with cat ears? (I'm not knocking it, it makes sense for a universe like this)

Yeah, Battinson undeniably needs a new cowl! The sets were excellent, apart from that. Hopefully they‘ll fix it for sets based on the sequel :laugh:

24 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I actually think the oldest catwoman cowl mold would work for her catwoman. Are we talking about her mask that essentially looked like a ski mask with cat ears? (I'm not knocking it, it makes sense for a universe like this)

The older molds have the two eyes holes where the movie had one big one. Arguably, the best way to capture the look without a new model would just be a printed head. It wouldn’t do justice to the “ears,” but then neither did the movie 😝.

Whoa, even without a steady stream of releases, this DC/ Batman thread has overtaken the Marvel one in terms of the current number of pages. LOL

So it seems as though Lego is mostly releasing just a few large D2Cs each year and a scattering of small releases in between as far as DC/ Batman goes. I wonder if we will ever see some more Burton or BTAS characters in the future? I am mainly a minifig collector and would very much love to see those lines continue with more characters/ minifigs.

Posted (edited)

Well we might get new animation series. Batman: Caped Crusader. (They made set from The Batman Animated Series).

Then 2025 we might get The Batman 2. This year MAYBE Joker 2. So DC is important. WE ALL HOPE that TLG would hear us. Please make sets from these 3 for ADULTS!!! And others... Marvel goes down. I really hope so.

Edited by legoturtle

3 minutes ago, legoturtle said:

Well we might get new animation series. Batman: Caped Crusader. (They made set from The Batman Animated Series).

Then 2025 we might get The Batman 2. This year MAYBE Joker 2. So DC is important. WE ALL HOPE that TLG would hear us. Please make sets from these 3 for ADULTS!!! And others... Marvel goes down. I really hope so.

So two things here:

1. we are not getting joker two sets. Nor do I think it would be a good idea to do so. I think the joker movie was excellent, and hope the second will be as well, but they are pretty heavily R-rated, and VERY mature. Lego does not do sets for R-rated films. Hard stop. There's no "maybe", they don't. And if they do ever break that rule, it'd be for something like deadpool- a big spectacle movie, not a grounded tragedy with no powers or superheroes. 

2. This idea that marvel and DC sets can't coexist is completely false. They HAVE. For the entirety of lego DC's heyday, Marvel also got a substantial number of sets. It's not either-or. All the downfall of the marvel theme would do is hurt the superhero theme in general. If marvel goes down to 5 sets a year, it doesn't mean DC gets more sets. It just means there's less superheroes on shelves.

2 hours ago, psqidexslizer said:

The older molds have the two eyes holes where the movie had one big one. Arguably, the best way to capture the look without a new model would just be a printed head. It wouldn’t do justice to the “ears,” but then neither did the movie 😝.

Forgot about that- I think you're right, a printed head would work best with the black panther ears thrown on. Not that I want one of our exceedingly rare new fig slots used up on another Kravitz catwoman.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Mandalorianknight said:

we are not getting joker two sets. Nor do I think it would be a good idea to do so. I think the joker movie was excellent, and hope the second will be as well, but they are pretty heavily R-rated, and VERY mature. Lego does not do sets for R-rated films. Hard stop. There's no "maybe", they don't. And if they do ever break that rule, it'd be for something like deadpool- a big spectacle movie, not a grounded tragedy with no powers or superheroes. 

I know that we won't get a Joker set, I am aware that the movie is R-rated but... Why? The only reason for this movie to be R-rated, IMHO, is the short Randall murder scene, the rest of the movie would've been PG-13 (if not for the swearing). I think Lego MAY realise a 18+ set based on this movie (like, Murray Franklin's studio), but, agreed, that would mean TLG breaking their one rule...

Edited by Max_Lego

3 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

I know that we won't get a Joker set, I am aware that the movie is R-rated but... Why? The only reason for this movie to be R-rated, IMHO, is the short Randall murder scene, the rest of the movie would've been PG-13 (if not for the swearing). I think Lego MAY realise a 18+ set based on this movie (like, Murray Franklin's studio), but, agreed, that would mean TLG breaking their one rule...

Regardless of whether it was R or PG-13, Joker wasn’t a movie Lego could really make sets of. What scenes would translate well into Lego sets? Joker teaching the three Wall Street boys on a train how to carry a tune? Joker telling Murray Franklin another joke? Maybe a hospital bed where kids can play out Joker showing his mother the same loving care she showed him as a child? There’s no big action set pieces, no fun and wacky vehicles, not even any fun hero vs villain confrontations. Just Joker dancing down the stairs and shooting people.

1 minute ago, psqidexslizer said:

Regardless of whether it was R or PG-13, Joker wasn’t a movie Lego could really make sets of. What scenes would translate well into Lego sets? Joker teaching the three Wall Street boys on a train how to carry a tune? Joker telling Murray Franklin another joke? Maybe a hospital bed where kids can play out Joker showing his mother the same loving care she showed him as a child? There’s no big action set pieces, no fun and wacky vehicles, not even any fun hero vs villain confrontations. Just Joker dancing down the stairs and shooting people.

Murray's studio would've been a perfect 18+ set

I mean, a 18+ set needs not to be a child's plaything. It's for display.

Also, wasn't Nolan's TDK violent? Lego had no problems with TDK sets

23 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

The only reason for this movie to be R-rated, IMHO, is the short Randall murder scene, the rest of the movie would've been PG-13 (if not for the swearing).

Oh yes, I totally forgot there was an obscene joke scene in that movie... :hmpf:

10 minutes ago, Max_Lego said:

Murray's studio would've been a perfect 18+ set

I mean, a 18+ set needs not to be a child's plaything. It's for display.

Also, wasn't Nolan's TDK violent? Lego had no problems with TDK sets

The only two sets we’ve gotten from TDK were 18+ UCS Tumblers. Unless you’re talking about TDKT in general, in which case we also got a system scale Tumbler for Begins and The Bat vs Bane’s Tumbler for Rises back in 2013.

But, anyways, I think you missed my point. The violence isn’t the problem per se so much as it is the lack of traditional comic book violence and big action set pieces. Begins has the Tumbler Chase. TDK has the Tumbler chase. Rises has… another Tumbler chase. And the fight with Bane in the sewers. All of those scenes are fun, will appeal to a 8-12 year old, and therefore Lego can produce a set based on them. What does Joker have that is similar to those?

There’s also plenty of iconic vehicles such as The Bat, the Bat-Pod, and the Batmobile that all make for cool display pieces. And some cool locations like the Batcave, the sewers, Ra’s monastery, etc. Joker has none of those. It has no cool vehicles. No fun locations. Not even any cool gadgets or weapons for buildable models. I love Joker, but it’s not a film that Lego can produce sets for, even ignoring the 18+ rating.

4 minutes ago, psqidexslizer said:

The only two sets we’ve gotten from TDK were 18+ UCS Tumblers. Unless you’re talking about TDKT in general, in which case we also got a system scale Tumbler for Begins and The Bat vs Bane’s Tumbler for Rises back in 2013.

But, anyways, I think you missed my point. The violence isn’t the problem per se so much as it is the lack of traditional comic book violence and big action set pieces. Begins has the Tumbler Chase. TDK has the Tumbler chase. Rises has… another Tumbler chase. And the fight with Bane in the sewers. All of those scenes are fun, will appeal to a 8-12 year old, and therefore Lego can produce a set based on them. What does Joker have that is similar to those?

There’s also plenty of iconic vehicles such as The Bat, the Bat-Pod, and the Batmobile that all make for cool display pieces. And some cool locations like the Batcave, the sewers, Ra’s monastery, etc. Joker has none of those. It has no cool vehicles. No fun locations. Not even any cool gadgets or weapons for buildable models. I love Joker, but it’s not a film that Lego can produce sets for, even ignoring the 18+ rating.

I see your point. But I still think the show studio is an iconic scene (it's the movie's quintessence, and the fact that there are so many "Joker speech" videos on YouTube proves that it's very popular) that deserves to be recreated in Lego, and it could've been a nice display set, not for kids.