Clone OPatra

Disney Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

Welcome to the Disney Properties 2024 discussion thread! 

This thread is dedicated to all LEGO related Disney and Pixar's in-house films (i.e. not the many other licenses Disney owns). That includes Disney Animation and Pixar films, Disney Princess products, and the like.

Enjoy!

Wasn’t Stitch one of the candidates for the 150th Brickhead? If they also make one for the shark from Jaws, that poll will be retroactively completely pointless :laugh_hard:

I’m not complaining though, that Stitch Brickhead might be one of my new favourites!

8 hours ago, Lion King said:

I hope we get Beauty and the Beast set…

I hope we get Beauty and the Beast set… IN MINIFIG FORMAT.

38 minutes ago, hikouki said:

I hope we get Beauty and the Beast set… IN MINIFIG FORMAT.

Yup!

What do we think the odds are of getting more Winnie the Pooh sets? I figure the Ideas set just retired after coming out in 2021 and most follow up sets to Ledo Ideas arrive around 2 years after. (The F.R.I.E.N.D.S Apartments, Sonic the Hedgehog line, Ghostbusters HQ)

6 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

What do we think the odds are of getting more Winnie the Pooh sets? I figure the Ideas set just retired after coming out in 2021 and most follow up sets to Ledo Ideas arrive around 2 years after. (The F.R.I.E.N.D.S Apartments, Sonic the Hedgehog line, Ghostbusters HQ)

I have no inside information but i would guess not until next year or later? They have several supposed minifig sets lined up for this year like the Snow White cottage and Maleficent Dragon.

Lego did leave out several characters that are needing to be made in minifig form!

11 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

Wasn't the first one a bestseller? I've been hoping for a companion set like Owl's Treehouse (although I'd love to see Rabbit's Burrow with garden or Piglet's house as well). We could use Christopher Robin, Owl, Kanga, and Roo (and maybe Gopher too).

However, I'm surprised the Sesame Street set didn't get a second one yet since that was also very successful and it was even built to be expanded on with that empty wall.

11 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

Wasn't the first one a bestseller? I've been hoping for a companion set like Owl's Treehouse (although I'd love to see Rabbit's Burrow with garden or Piglet's house as well). We could use Christopher Robin, Owl, Kanga, and Roo (and maybe Gopher too).

However, I'm surprised the Sesame Street set didn't get a second one yet since that was also very successful and it was even built to be expanded on with that empty wall.

I agree about Sesame Street. We never got Grover, the Count, or Zoey but I guess they never had anther location iconic enough to make into a set.

Meanwhile, Winnie the Pooh has at least 2 with some potential others in there as well but nothing materialized. Given how it seems Lego IDEAS is our best bet at getting Disney minifigure sets going forward, odd that the one with the most mileage of the Disney inspired IDEAS sets had nothing more come of it.

20 hours ago, JeanGreyForever said:

8 hours ago, OttoRiver said:

I agree about Sesame Street. We never got Grover, the Count, or Zoey but I guess they never had anther location iconic enough to make into a set.

Meanwhile, Winnie the Pooh has at least 2 with some potential others in there as well but nothing materialized. Given how it seems Lego IDEAS is our best bet at getting Disney minifigure sets going forward, odd that the one with the most mileage of the Disney inspired IDEAS sets had nothing more come of it.

So many themes/ subthemes needing follow up sets and expansions:

-Sesame Street ( I wonder how they plan on making Snuffie into a minifig?)

-Winnie the Pooh (+more friends!!!)

-Muppets (needs a theater, and so many characters still missing!)

-(perhaps) Looney Tunes? (or will this be just another CMF?)

With the Sailbarge reportedly also being confirmed, that leaves us with Donald, the Maleficent dragon, and the Deku Tree as the last three survey leak sets still unaccounted for :classic: At this point, it seems fair to assume all of them are gonna make it :excited: Granted, the Donald one is not all that special (especially compared to the excellent Simba model), but the Maleficent dragon is as set I've been looking forward ever since the leak happened last February. Can't wait to hear more!

I would actually like to see Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather included as well as unlikely as that is. If we can get all seven dwarfs, it would be nice to get the three good fairies too.

With Phillip, we'll still be missing princes like Eric, the Beast, and John Smith.

9 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

With the Sailbarge reportedly also being confirmed, that leaves us with Donald, the Maleficent dragon, and the Deku Tree as the last three survey leak sets still unaccounted for :classic: At this point, it seems fair to assume all of them are gonna make it :excited: Granted, the Donald one is not all that special (especially compared to the excellent Simba model), but the Maleficent dragon is as set I've been looking forward ever since the leak happened last February. Can't wait to hear more!

Quite excited about that too!!!

1 hour ago, JeanGreyForever said:

I would actually like to see Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather included as well as unlikely as that is. If we can get all seven dwarfs, it would be nice to get the three good fairies too.

With Phillip, we'll still be missing princes like Eric, the Beast, and John Smith.

CMF #4? How about a Sleeping Beauty Castle, finally? We can all just dream... Lego is so slow at churning all of these out.

Do you guys think that the May Pixar set is based on Inside Out

It would certainly make a lot of sense business-wise, since the sequel is coming out a month after that.

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

20 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It would certainly make a lot of sense business-wise, since the sequel is coming out a month after that.

It would make sense from a marketing perspective. Would be nice to add another Pixar IP to the lineup.

I wouldn't mind a collection type set either with a build of the pixar lamp and luxo Jr. with like 4 minifigures of their icon characters like Merida, Sully, Linguini, Flick

On 1/13/2024 at 8:27 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really hope so and they are minifigures. I guess Fear would need a new moulded head, so maybe they give new heads to all 5 main characters. I think they would base the set in the original film, but maybe we can also get characters from the sequel.

This year Disney is releasing new films for Inside Out, Lilo & Stitch and the Lion King, which are very successful franchises, so I wish we get new sets for those movies. We're getting Stitch already. Fingers crossed for more minifigures. 

8 hours ago, Aramar said:

I really hope so and they are minifigures. I guess Fear would need a new moulded head, so maybe they give new heads to all 5 main characters. I think they would base the set in the original film, but maybe we can also get characters from the sequel.

This year Disney is releasing new films for Inside Out, Lilo & Stitch and the Lion King, which are very successful franchises, so I wish we get new sets for those movies. We're getting Stitch already. Fingers crossed for more minifigures. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but the buildables from L&S and Lion King were both based off of the originals???

On 1/14/2024 at 10:17 PM, hikouki said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but the buildables from L&S and Lion King were both based off of the originals???

They are, but I think they meant the franchise as a whole, not the particular movies releasing this year.

On 1/14/2024 at 10:17 PM, hikouki said:

40 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They are, but I think they meant the franchise as a whole, not the particular movies releasing this year.

@THELEGOBATMAN is right I meant sets based on the franchise. Basing a set on the original movies is a safe bet in my opinion.

5 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Yeah. Last year’s TLM set was cool and all, but I hope they stick to the classics for upcoming sets :laugh: 

Same here.

Looks like the pixar set is indeed an Inside Out 2 set. No word on minifigures.

Nice! So Inside Out 2 and Despicable Me 4 are the two 2024 movies to get LEGO themes that @Falconfan1414 was hinting at before :thumbup:

Hopefully we get some minifigs here, even though we should keep expectations low, given that price.