Clone OPatra

Jurassic Properties 2024 - Rumors & Discussion

8 hours ago, mantax said:

Persanally I do like most of the creatures build in that way (even that fluffy). Maybe in some things that doesn't work, but for example the dragons from Elves are like so smooth(and they are 8 years old now), if the dinosaurs were build like that they might be matching the molded ones a bit. 

The Elves dragons and other creatures are a similar case like the Ninjago Dragons IMO. And they all have a certain size, where it is easier to do.

Molded parts would no matter what look better then brick build(unless the thing is huge), but the posability in the molded dinosaurs is quite bad. Like the brachiosaurus has an only posable neck and head, if it was brick built there wouldn't be a problem with that, and also they could make it even bigger if it was like that. 

The posability depends on the moulds though. And yeah I was very disappointed by how they made the Brachiosaurus, and also dislike the newer dilophosaurus mould, because you can´t even move the legs anymore, the old one was just so much better - but yeah the more parts the more it costs in the end.

Edited by Black Falcon

I‘m firmly in team „moulded“ :laugh_hard: While the giant T-Rex is an amazing model, the smaller brickbuilt creatures always look rather robotic to me, which isn‘t helped by the colour-locked ball joints :shrug_oh_well: And the stickered eyes in the JP diorama are just terrible

5 hours ago, Lion King said:

It’s Feb 16 here, I wanna to see summer wave already!

Don't we usually get pictures of upcoming sets 1-2 months in advance?

15 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

Don't we usually get pictures of upcoming sets 1-2 months in advance?

Yes but I just don’t wait to wait longer, lol.

2 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Feb 17th here lol!

How are things in Tomorrow Land? Is it a bright shining utopia, or mad max style post-apocalypse?

(sorry for the joke post, but I couldn't resist, and we have nothing to talk about, so...)

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

How are things in Tomorrow Land? Is it a bright shining utopia, or mad max style post-apocalypse?

(sorry for the joke post, but I couldn't resist, and we have nothing to talk about, so...)

Or it’s dystopian world plagued by savaging dinosaurs, that leads to a global famine and doomed economy.  There is no  shining utopian Tomorrowland after all. Unless you are at Disney  World then that’s your Tomorrowland. 

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

and we have nothing to talk about, so...

Well given how we have a Fortnite theme coming up and it's apparently doing some BR stuff, I wouldn't be too surprised if they use one of the raptor moulds in a future set

4 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

Haha, its brilliant, a day closer to the sets being revealed so its pretty good lol! 🤣

But yeah nah, theres tiny deadly spiders and massive kangaroos over here that'll "knock your lights out"!

13 hours ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Haha, its brilliant, a day closer to the sets being revealed so its pretty good lol! 🤣

But yeah nah, theres tiny deadly spiders and massive kangaroos over here that'll "knock your lights out"!

Snakes too.

Btw, has there been aquatic dinosaurs in LEGO form yet? I can't remember.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Not since the brick built Dinosaur line, the mosasaurs I believe unless you count the studios jp3 spinosaurs

Just now, Time Dragon said:

Not since the brick built Dinosaur line, the mosasaurs I believe unless you count the studios jp3 spinosaurs

A modern Spinosaurus is something I'd just love to see this year, even if it would sell out P.D.Q

3 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

A modern Spinosaurus is something I'd just love to see this year, even if it would sell out P.D.Q

I kinda hope they make a sail piece that fits on the trex body or just make a new torso piece the giga body's sail is too small.

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

Nope not yet.  Mosasurus and Spinosaurus are the only marine / aquatic speices I know / have seen in the movies. 

On 2/18/2024 at 2:30 AM, Shiva said:

Snakes too.

Indeed lol.

From the modern dinosaur style no, unless you count Baryonyx

Also I believe we are definitely getting an Allosaurus in this wave, I have a lot of faith because it looks to be the main antagonist in the Chaos Theory show which I reckon this wave is based off of, and its about time for it. And if it is, hopefully they can release a new size range with it, medium bulky, which would work well for other theropods like Carnotaurus, if they ever wanted to redo that one!

So far it doesnt look like the themes budget would've taken that big of a hit considering what 2/5 sets have released so im holding hope guys! 

1 minute ago, AxolotlPlays said:

Also I believe we are definitely getting an Allosaurus in this wave, I have a lot of faith because it looks to be the main antagonist in the Chaos Theory show which I reckon this wave is based off of, and its about time for it. And if it is, hopefully they can release a new size range with it, medium bulky, which would work well for other theropods like Carnotaurus, if they ever wanted to redo that one!

So far it doesnt look like the themes budget would've taken that big of a hit considering what 2/5 sets have released so im holding hope guys! 

The other dinos in the wave would probably be the small ones we've gotten these past 5 years, but that's a sacrifice I can totally accept

23 minutes ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

The other dinos in the wave would probably be the small ones we've gotten these past 5 years, but that's a sacrifice I can totally accept

Yeah haha, well i think there might also be 1 more new species but then also

probably an Atrociraptor or preferably 2 so we can have the whole Atrociraptor squad since those guys are rumoured to be in the show.

Just now, AxolotlPlays said:

Yeah haha, well i think there might also be 1 more new species but then also

Hide contents

probably an Atrociraptor or preferably 2 so we can have the whole Atrociraptor squad since those guys are rumoured to be in the show.

The whole gang would be cool, but I think TLG should feel free to make their own designs for those guys

3 hours ago, FinlayTheFaithful said:

The whole gang would be cool, but I think TLG should feel free to make their own designs for those guys

Most definitely, i mean we are still missing Limbo the Baryonyx, and countless human figures (not to mention the films they havent even touched yet). But I hope its all in due time and that they continue producing good quality sets for all to enjoy!

Gareth Edwards is in talks to direct Jurassic World 4, and there's rumors that it may be a prequel.

Edited by Rune Haako